1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

Breckenridge Announces New Brewery

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by drumrboy22, Jan 31, 2013.

1. drumrboy22

drumrboy22 Savant (495) Colorado Jul 22, 2005

2. Prospero

Prospero Advocate (685) Colorado Jul 27, 2010

So glad they chose to stay in Colorado as well, and sounds like a great place. IMHO though I would have liked to see it in Denver, but sounds like it's gonna be awesome regardless.

3. It looks like they'll be at the current Designs by Sundown facility . Brilliant move on their part since there is nothing beer related in that area unless you consider the Old Mill something.

4. I have lived in Littleton for years and it blows me away that we don't have any breweries anywhere NEAR here. That Old Mill has changed hands probably 4 times in the past 10 years (or at least it feels like it), and all the brews out of there have been macro quality at best. A boring red with no real flavor, awesome!

Breck isn't my favorite brewery around by a long shot, but I am sure I will spend some time there if only because of the location, and being right of the bike path :)

poonamibaxter likes this.
  5. buffs9

buffs9 Savant (450) Colorado Apr 28, 2008

Just read in the local rag that Breck-Wynkoop bought was used to be the Beach House (Old Town Fort Collins) and will open a bar/restaurant serving their beers and other local craft beers.

6. Prospero

7. Domingo

Domingo Champion (945) Colorado Apr 23, 2005

I'm still more interested in the fate of their BBQ :)
    I'm going to hope they serve it at both locations!

8. Prospero

I'm hoping they move everything to Littleton (including their BBQ, yumm) so that another big out of state brewery can come into Denver in their old facility (remember Bell's rumor?) :D

9. dauss

dauss Advocate (585) Colorado Aug 9, 2003

I heard the city begged them to come otherwise a Wal-Mart was going to go in there.