1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Brew Woo

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by atdunn9, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Does anyone have a list of the breweries that will be attending the Brew Woo Festival in Worcester, MA on March 30th?
  2. If this is the same one as last year it will probably be very mediocre.
  3. Redbull and abi were in abundance. It hasnt been worth the price since it started, ud be better off just spending a day at armsby abbey. Sample some of the drafts and order $30 worth, ull have a much better time.
    commis likes this.
  4. Damn. I wish I knew that ahead of time. I figured it would be a lot of local breweries but not sure why they would invite ABI and Shocktop. Already bought the tickets so don't want to throw away $30. Will probably end up going to Armsby Abbey afterwards though. Been dying to go there.
  5. Just drink $30 worth of Be Hoppy and Flower Power. I would expect those to be on hand with Wormtown and Ithaca there. I could be happy drinking my fill of those for a couple of hours. You'll find something worth drinking for sure. Wormtown makes a few good ones at the very least.
    Horbar likes this.
  6. Sounds like a plan to me. Hopefully Jack's Abby makes an appearance there. Love Flower Power and have yet to try Be Hoppy. ​
  7. There will be plenty of decent beer there to get your 30 dollars worth I wouldn't worry to much about it.
  8. kleo

kleo Aficionado (210) Massachusetts Apr 27, 2009

Yeah. Brew Woo always skeezed me out. The first time around, getting the total number of promised breweries from the list they released required counting Red Bull. In a college town such as Worcester that's akin to posting a huge bulletin board saying "D-BAGGERY IS AFOOT."
  9. I don't know. This looks an awful lot like the same lineup that shows up at Providence Beer Festival, and most breweries there tend to focus on their flagships and most palatable low ABV beers.

Not to say you can't have a great time and drink your money's worth of decent beer, but fests like this are more about locals and introductory craft beer...
  10. What the heck is "Anheuser Busch Craft"? Is that referring to the Craft Brewers Alliance (Kona, Widmer, RedHook)?
  11. Blue Hills Brewery will be there; stop by our table and sell hello.
  12. Onizilla

Onizilla Aficionado (215) New York Apr 25, 2009

How much you paying for a hello? ;)
    On topic; I'm with others... Red Bull? Really?
  13. you got me.....typing too fast........say hello
    Onizilla likes this.
  14. kleo

kleo Aficionado (210) Massachusetts Apr 27, 2009

Get me into the event and I'll say hello.
  15. This is Massachusetts, that goes without saying.

I'm going, for $26 i figure I can get my money's worth in 3 hours.