1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Brewbicle (Modular Beer Cellar)

Discussion in 'Cellaring / Aging Beer' started by BottleCaps80, Jan 16, 2013.

1. BottleCaps80

BottleCaps80 Advocate (560) Iowa Jan 12, 2013

Anybody have or used a Brewbicle? Was wondering how you liked it and if you thought it was worth the price? They seem like a nice, compact way to cellar your beers.

http://www.brewbicle.com/index.html
  2. So its a wood box for storing beer? For $58.00? Seems kind of a waste of money if you ask me. And at a weight of 28 pounds empty + beer stacking them is a pain if you ever want to get at something at the bottom of the stack.
    jtmartino likes this.
  3. BottleCaps80

BottleCaps80 Advocate (560) Iowa Jan 12, 2013

Admittedly, it is basically a (nicely made from the looks of it) wooden box. Probably could be made for cheaper, but this would require no work. Just curious if anybody has used them at all and their thoughts.
  4. I have one of these, and I like it a lot. They are obviously for people looking for a more stylish option for their beer cellar, but there are some practical benefits as well. Its nice knowing that your cellar box is sturdy and there's never going to be any light hitting your bottles. Plus I had mine engraved and have a bunch of brewery's stickers on it, so it looks pretty badass.

I'm not a major cellarer of beer, mainly cause I drink like a madman, but if my cellar continues to grow I will buy another one
  5. ddubs1854

ddubs1854 Disciple (55) Minnesota Apr 22, 2010

I have two brewbicles. They work well in my apartment where I don't have a lot of storage/cellar space. I keep them out in the open and they look really nice rather than having a bunch of carboard boxes sitting out. I like the sturdiness and look of them and they work well for my purposes.
  6. jtmartino

jtmartino Savant (470) California Dec 11, 2010

I was hoping it would be temperature controlled.
  7. I thought it would be temperature controlled too. They are a decent idea though for those that need a better option of storing their beer than cardboard boxes or Rubbermaid containers. I still don't see myself spend $58 for one though.