1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Breweriana BIF 2013 (1st edition) Hints and Hauls!

Discussion in 'Breweriana' started by Jnorton00, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Feel free to leave hint's for your target and post pictures of your haul when it comes in!
  2. Target has been received, very excited. Have never shipped to him before.
    gpawned likes this.
  3. Sender

Sender Initiate (0) Minnesota Sep 19, 2010

Hint #80.1
    My target likes glassware, and possibly beer too.
    Nuwanda, cosmicevan and Jnorton00 like this.
  4. hannydawg

hannydawg Initiate (0) Illinois Apr 4, 2010

My target has many of the same wants as I do, but I have a few ideas.
  5. Let the games begin!
    I did some pre-shopping over the weekend and already have something I think my target will like.
    I have never met my target in person.
  6. My target is apparently strictly into whales. This is going to be tough...
  7. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2009

My target and I have been in same room at least three times though he is not aware of it. Probably more than three even.
  8. steebo777

steebo777 Advocate (535) Michigan Jun 30, 2009

Creepin on your future BIFs huh? Good strategy and planning.
  9. dc55110

dc55110 Advocate (515) Minnesota Oct 24, 2010

While it appears my target has a photographic log of some of his gots (can't tell if it's complete), but there doesn't seem to be any listed wants.

People update your wants!
  10. Skrip

Skrip Savant (370) South Carolina Oct 7, 2012

my BA'er doesn't have anything listed once so ever hmm...
  11. amishland

amishland Aficionado (140) Michigan Jan 22, 2008

My target wants a lot of what I already have or can get local-ish-ly, seems like an ideal match!
  12. Just updated my wants and gots on my profile page and added a link on the original spreadsheet. Excited to see the hauls coming in!
  13. LoPo87

LoPo87 Aficionado (235) Oregon Mar 9, 2012

My target has a ton of glassware! Think I have a few great ideas in mind that I didn't see on their gots :cool:
  14. My target has a short list of whales, but very little from my neck of the woods. I believe I will be able to put together a great haul. Will be at a well known craft brewpub tonight before a Deftones concert, will pick something up there most likely.
  15. DoctorRock

DoctorRock Savant (305) Minnesota May 13, 2010

My Target has s list of whale wants & a shorter list of "normal" wants. I can hit a few of the latter & I'm stoked to get this going!
  16. I am completely fucked, my target has pretty lofty wants and none from my neck of the woods. I hope there is no time limit on this.

P.S. I will updated my glassware gots by Thursday 2/14
  17. steebo777

Time limit is sending a box out by March 19th (as stated in the last post in the previous thread).

My target is gonna get hooked up, I think I can score a want or two.
  18. Want's are great but just cool stuff they don't have is more than fine!
    The last box I got was stuff that should have been want's but weren't even on my radar and it was a very nice surprise!
  19. DoctorRock

DoctorRock Savant (305) Minnesota May 13, 2010

Exactly why I have Wants and then a disclaimer that says I also like/want local snifters, tulips, wine glasses and other stemmed offerings. Easy peasy!
    LoPo87, zekeman17 and Jnorton00 like this.
  20. My target lives in a state that I've driven through a few times but never really explored. Seems pretty easy to accommodate based on his list, and after this coming weekend, I should probably be able to knock out at least one want from a state that's actually much closer to him than it is to me. :p Otherwise, he'll be getting some good and unexpected local stuff.
  21. LoPo87

LoPo87 Aficionado (235) Oregon Mar 9, 2012

I will admit that throwing together a wants list of glassware for the first time is pretty tough to do in one sitting. Obviously the glass whales come to mind and it isn't until you see another that you get reminded of others you want. Sorry in advanced to whoever has me as their target! I did add the note on my wants that any stemware from somewhere local to you that I cannot buy online is fine by me!
  22. Skrip

Skrip Savant (370) South Carolina Oct 7, 2012

my gots:
    [​IMG]
    from left to right:
    Cantillon, Tilquin, Dogfish IPA, Mad Elf, Dogfish snifter, Duvel, Firestone mini snifter,
    Jester King, Raleigh Beer Tasting '13, Carton, Firestone 10oz, Le Bilboquet, Mother Earth,
    Petrus.

Wants:
    anything Cantillon, Hill Farmstead, Fantome 3 Floyds, New Glarus, Founders, Nightshift, Noda,
    BCBS, Russian River, Surly, Founders, anything awesome and interesting from your local scene!
    4kbrianb likes this.
  23. To whoever has me, don't go nuts because I don't have a "wants" list. My paltry collection of glassware has been accumulated from breweries/brewpubs that I've visited over the years.

I look at some of your awesome photos, and wouldn't even know where to begin a "wants" list. I'm not in search of glass whales or anything, just some cool different stuff to enjoy a beer from.

Hint: I've never been to my target's state, but did pass within about 30 miles of the border while driving through an adjoining state on my last beercation.
  24. dc55110

dc55110 Advocate (515) Minnesota Oct 24, 2010

I think, based of the phrasing of a recent comment, that I know who my sender is!
  25. MsRif

MsRif Savant (400) Pennsylvania Oct 23, 2011

My target will like the glassware that I pick up in New England this weekend...he has several of them listed in his wants.
    hannydawg and Jnorton00 like this.
  26. You guys should head out west a bit to Armsby Abbey in Worcester for some beers!
  27. MsRif

MsRif Savant (400) Pennsylvania Oct 23, 2011

We've actually been there...stopped on our way back from our Vermont/Maine beercation. AWESOME place and not too far out of the way for us so maybe we will stop by.
  28. jedwards

jedwards Savant (330) California Feb 3, 2009

Target acquired! Very short list of Wants and none from my area, but I bet I can make them happy regardless.
  29. Let me know if you guys are heading that way and I'll come by for a beer if I can!
  30. xpimptastikx

xpimptastikx Initiate (0) Texas Oct 8, 2008

My fully updated, WANTS/GOTS, I promised to not change it again.
    I know some of my wants can be hard, but I really just want new and interesting stemmed pieces that I don't have, preference to long stems and mini glasses.

The my recipient, your wants list looks very similar to mine, but I do have some pretty awesome glasses I've picked up that you should like a lot. I should be ready to ship within the next two weeks.
  31. I think I might have an idea of who my sender is.
    And just in case I'm right, he's extremely close to a place where one of my major red highlighted wants can be acquired. Just sayin'. :D

But yeah, Armsby Abbey is a cool place. I'm not sure we'll have time for it this weekend, but maybe.
  32. Hmmmm I think I know my sender as well... My target should be super happy based on his current gots. Updated wants would be nice though
  33. cosmicevan

cosmicevan Champion (810) New York Dec 13, 2009

i think i'll be able to hit some wants for my target...either way will be a box that i'd be happy to get.

as for whomever has me. i'm aiming to update my wants/gots very soon. hang tight, and don't worry about wants, i'm mostly interested in anything i don't have...especially mini snifters. i don't care if you can get it online or not...preference to stuff that i can't just order, but i certainly don't mind you taking the burden of putting an order in off my to-do list.
  34. Nachos4two

Nachos4two Advocate (545) Illinois Nov 26, 2011

My target can be considered an "expert" of sorts!
  35. steebo777

One and only hint: My target just so happens to live where one of my favorite shows is located.

I should be sending my box out this weekend or next week at the latest.
    Jnorton00 and Nachos4two like this.
  36. mishuggah

mishuggah Savant (265) Illinois Jul 14, 2009

My target likes high fives and is the world's foremost expert on Pizza Beer.

:eek:

J/K

My real target has been a member on BA longer than I have and lives in a State I've never been to. Pretty sure I can hit 3-4 of their Wants.
    yeahnatenelson likes this.
  37. I already have my target covered and will send it to him or her very soon!
    cosmicevan, hannydawg and DoctorRock like this.
  38. QuentinCall

QuentinCall Savant (260) Georgia Sep 30, 2011

My target lives in a state my girlfriend and I are planning to visit this summer and his wants are a nice combination of attainable and unattainable glasses. I am placing an order today and going shopping this weekend and am fairly confident I'll be able to assemble a satisfactory box.
    hannydawg likes this.
  39. FYI.....just in case you were lucky enough to draw me! Please contact Jnorton for some updated info!