1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Breweries to watch in 2013

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by MCDub, Jan 4, 2013.

1. njhopspop

njhopspop Savant (335) New Jersey Oct 17, 2010

I agree wholeheartedly. Also just tried Flying Fish Exit 16. Pretty amazing stuff. They have been around for a while but have really upped their game lately with the Exit Series.

SadMachine likes this.
  2. njhopspop

njhopspop Savant (335) New Jersey Oct 17, 2010

I love Kujo. One of my favorite coffee beers.

JxExM likes this.
  3. Verbal

Verbal Aspirant (35) Virginia Mar 24, 2012

Crooked Stave

4. Nectar

Nectar Savant (310) New Jersey Jan 17, 2013

Maine Brewing Company. If they want to expand quickly and are smart about it, the quality of their product sure allows for it.

On the local level, Cape May Brewing from NJ puts out fantastic stuff. Only available on draft because of the demand for kegs atm. When they expand again and begin bottling, watch out NJ.

WassailWilly likes this.
  5. gtermi

gtermi Champion (750) Texas Apr 21, 2010

Jester King, Prairie Ales and Deep Ellum Brewing!

WassailWilly likes this.
  6. Thorpe429

Thorpe429 Champion (895) Illinois Aug 18, 2008

And so goes the release of HandFarm. That's aside from the fact that the beer is incredible.

7. sjstraub

sjstraub Savant (305) Wisconsin Nov 13, 2006

This x1000

tgchief likes this.
  8. 4balance

4balance Initiate (0) Dec 11, 2011

I second this! Solid brewery. Cheers ~

WassailWilly and MinorThreat like this.
  9. koopa

koopa Champion (800) New Jersey Apr 20, 2008

Tired Hands (PA) and Rushing Duck (NY)

10. I'm looking forward to seeing where Bull Falls Brewery, Wausau WI, is headed. They've started construction on a packaging facility. 6 packs of 16 oz cans.

11. I think I am now the fourth to mention Odd Side Ales out of Grand Haven, Michigan. They start bottling in the spring and I have heard nothing but good things about their beer. Really well rated and very willing to experiment, with great results so far. For example, I'm really interested to know what an 'Albino Stout' is all about. If it were not an eight hour drive, round trip, I would be there tonight investigating that.

They seem like the next Short's just waiting to happen.

12. bostonlogga

bostonlogga Zealot (85) Washington Jan 13, 2013

Jack's Abbey & Logsdon Farmhouse Ales. Boom!

franklinn, ChrisPro and Thorpe429 like this.

13. I'm importing some TG barrels into Wisconsin, meeting with the territory rep on Monday...will let you know when I can send a few growlers full your way!

tgchief likes this.
  14. MichiBrew

MichiBrew Aficionado (170) Michigan Nov 26, 2010

GreenBush...
    The Livery...

adamcarlson28 likes this.
  15. foothills and olde hickory

16. beerking

beerking Aficionado (100) Illinois Mar 17, 2012

While in the area make sure you try Red Eye Brewing Co, great beer/stout.

17. Clonies720

Clonies720 Initiate (0) Texas Oct 24, 2012

I got a guy that's ready to grab me a few of their Cherry Funk when it comes out this year. I. Want. That. Beer.

18. Kane Brewing /NJ.... Their Kane Head High IPA is friggin awesome...on tap only right now but wait until they bottle this stuff...you're gonna want it trust me!!

SadMachine likes this.
  19. Had some Carton IPA on tap yesterday....quite good...but I think Kane's Head High is better...

SadMachine and njhopspop like this.
  20. Cascade77

Cascade77 Aficionado (220) Vermont May 14, 2009

Lost Nation Brewing, Morrisville VT. Being launched by the guys who started the brewery at the Trapp Family Lodge. Great brewers unchained from the restrictions of traditional lagers.

franklinn likes this.
  21. MSEGUIN

MSEGUIN Savant (375) Michigan Apr 6, 2011

My vote is definitely for ODDSIDE. Citra is amazing as well as a bunch of other stuff they are doing. Can't wait for bottling this year.

ChicagoBeersFan and robhbest like this.
  22. afrokaze

afrokaze Advocate (620) California Jun 12, 2009

Sante Adairius Rustic Ales out of Santa Cruz really impressed me last year, and I can't wait to see what Tim can do with the new foeders! Also keeping an eye out for The Rare Barrel in Berkeley whenever the open this year.

mikehblack and flexabull like this.
  23. [te="beerking, post: 864179, member: 665673"]While in the area make sure you try Red Eye Brewing Co, great beer/stout.[/quote]
    I used to live in Wausau. I've been to all of the breweries there. And had all of their year round beers and quite a few of their seasonal brews. My fav at Red Eye is Scarlett Seven.

24. Andygirl

Andygirl Savant (280) Michigan Jan 3, 2013

Odd Side Ales, no doubt.

robhbest likes this.
  25. Locally, I would say Beachwood.

26. Figueroa Mountain in Cali.

barleywinefiend likes this.
  27. Agree with Tired Hands and Kane

SadMachine and Thorpe429 like this.
  28. C2H5

C2H5 Savant (435) Illinois Jan 7, 2012

Off Color brewing, going to be AAMMAAZZINNGG

MIA4IPA and VonZipper like this.
  29. Momar42

Momar42 Savant (360) Maryland Sep 19, 2010

Intuition brewing in Jacksonville,FL and Westbrook in Charleston, SC. Both have been doing great things and the future is very bright.

WebGuyMike likes this.
  30. I just got to try some beer samples from Perennial Artisan Ales in St Louis, new brewery that knows what its doing

barleywinefiend likes this.
  31. Triple C brewing in Charlotte NC..
    Making good beer now and maybe just watch out in 2013

32. I didn't read the entire thread, but Solemn Oath in Naperville, IL makes some tasty brews, and they're quite creative.

MIA4IPA and powz87 like this.
  33. Catchy_Name

Catchy_Name Savant (435) California Dec 21, 2011

I look to stop in there in April. My girlfriend got me opening day tickets to Yankees/Sox and a week long NY vacation, so a stop there will definitely be in order.

Sonofalime likes this.
  34. WebGuyMike

WebGuyMike Savant (395) Florida Dec 5, 2012

+1 for Intuition Ale Works. They are trying to settle some legal issues over a Duvel clone called Duuuuvaaaal but once settled they will can that and between it, Underdark & I-10 IPA, they'll have a nice array of quality distributed brews. I personally am eager to see what they can next. My vote is for Riverside Red and/or Truck Stop Stout.

35. mjshearer1

mjshearer1 Advocate (520) Michigan Dec 16, 2011

This. I'll be going there this Saturday to check it out, but everything I've heard about them has been stellar.

36. brewbetter

brewbetter Savant (400) Nauru Jun 2, 2012

Funky Buddha

37. Forest and Main
    Tired Hands

Thorpe429 likes this.
  38. powz87

powz87 Initiate (0) Illinois Jan 18, 2012

Solemn Oath for sure i see these guys making it big this year, and def Crooked Stave they have the best brett beers around. (i personally think brett is going to explode this year)

Thorpe429 likes this.
  39. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

Prairie Artisan Ales! They're coming to Texas soon, too! Yaay!

chaseabeer and Thorpe429 like this.