Brewers Guild of Indiana Winterfest

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by hurricanelars, Jan 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robboyd

robboyd Initiate (0) Aug 7, 2011 Indiana

And winter fest last year for sure.

2. smchenry75

smchenry75 Initiate (0) Jul 7, 2010 Indiana

you guys are smoking crack. FFF was indeed at this past Summerfest. They were at the very end of the line down by the river.... they didn't bring anything terribly exciting though. Just in... I have confirmed from the organizer that FFF is indeed going to be there on Saturday and that Barnaby is already in town.

aasher likes this.
  3. smchenry75

wish I knew what they were bringing!

4. aasher

aasher Grand Pooh-Bah (4,471) Jan 27, 2010 Indiana
    Pooh-Bah

FFF was definitely at Summerfest

5. aasher

aasher Grand Pooh-Bah (4,471) Jan 27, 2010 Indiana
    Pooh-Bah

Then I need to hit up Barnaby

6. Jkoeneman

Jkoeneman Initiate (0) Jul 30, 2010 Indiana

FFF is definitely going to be at Winterfest on the same corner where they always are. Conveniently located behind Sun King.

CWBlues likes this.
  7. smchenry75

Anyone know what they are bringing?

8. JohnnyHopps

JohnnyHopps Grand Pooh-Bah (3,036) Jun 15, 2010 Indiana
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Obviously listing the brewfests that FFF has not been at and their omission from the Brewery list for Winterfest has everything to do with my crack smoking habit.

9. smchenry75

ISO: BA Black Sun w/Cocaine & Cherries

10. robboyd

Just throwing this out there but does anyone have an extra ticket or two? I was caught between three events on this weekend, and by the time I worked everything out accordingly, it was sold out. I'm now having major regret and want to go.

11. denimdemon

denimdemon Initiate (0) Mar 8, 2009 Indiana

12. rcgerard

rcgerard Initiate (0) Jun 5, 2010 Michigan

Look at Bare Hands Brewery's list. Small brewery, but they are the real deal. Also looking forward to the usual suspects, the replicales, and the cask tent.

13. robboyd

myersk27, denimdemon and CWBlues like this.
  14. robboyd

Early observations: Bare Hands and Flat 12 are killing it. The BA Big Black Dog Rye is king, better than the pinko pappy IMO. PB stout and Mole Stout were amazing. Double 574 has been my favorite IPA. The blueberry randal of pumpkin from Bier was incredible. Perkilator from Dark Horse was my favorite from the cask tent. More to come.

myersk27 and jtosh like this.
  15. robboyd

Lots of great beers. I would add a few others in addition to what I named above, as far as outliers in excellence. The double galaxy from Bare Hands was outstanding, as was the brandy barrel half cycle from Flat 12. Union brewing had a beer, named "hoppy" something or another that was very very good. Lambics from Upland were as to be expected and tremendous but my favorite sour of the day was Saint Dekkera from Destihl. Holy mother of sour this was amazing. My hands down favorite beer of the day was the Rye Big Black Dog from flat 12. I hope everyone had as much fun as I did.

16. CWBlues

CWBlues Initiate (0) May 4, 2011 Indiana

I'll definitely agree with Bare Hands and Flat 12 killing it. I hadn't tried anything from Bare Hands before, and I impressed by everything I tried. Finally got to try Sun King's Velvet Fog, and enjoyed it. Pink Taco was really good too. I was also pretty impressed by ZwanzigZ. I didn't even realize Destihl was there until the end of the fest, and wish I would've spent more time there. And the casks were out of control this year. Every one I had was fantastic. Definitely a good time this year.

17. robboyd

The Ghost pepper stout was the only beer I tried from them and it was good. I missed Pink Taco, unfortunately. I don't think I can say I had a bad beer all day. The home brewers from Great Fermentations had some nice beers as well.

myersk27 likes this.
  18. WoodburyMN

WoodburyMN Initiate (0) Aug 5, 2012 Indiana

Bare Hands Brewing was incredible. Their Thai pa was the best beer I had at the fest. Absolutely outstanding.

19. smchenry75

Agree with everyone on Flat 12. Always love their stuff. Their snickerdoodle was really good. Didn't think Pink Taco from Sun King was all that great... but after having Upland Raspberry Lambic... that's a tough act to follow. The BA Batch 9000 was flipping incredible. Was carrying my fourth sample of 9000 to the cask tent... topped it off with Schlafly's Pumpkin (about a half/half mix). That was pretty amazing.

20. visualmartyr

visualmartyr Initiate (0) Oct 22, 2012 Indiana

is the Thai.p.a distributed?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.