1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Brewery part needed

Discussion in 'Homebrewing' started by julian, Apr 3, 2012.

1. julian

julian Savant (340) Washington May 31, 2008

I'm hoping someone has a random fitting laying around they're not using, or wouldn't mind selling. I'm trying to complete my (electric) brewery and waiting on only a couple parts, one of them being a 1/2" compression x 1/2" FPT stainless steel fitting exactly like the one below:

http://morebeer.com/view_product/17435//Stainless_-_1_2"_Comp_x_1_2"_FPT

I only need 2 of these and when I ordered from MoreBeer, they only sent me one since they ran out. I've waited a month while it was on backorder and supposed to be in stock as of last week. Now, it looks like it's coming back on 4/14 or potentially later according to their site.

Does anyone have a spare one of these they wouldn't mind letting me buy off of them? I only need 1 more to attach my HERMES coil to the HLT.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
    Julian

2. Patrick

Patrick Initiate (0) Massachusetts Aug 13, 2007

Have you checked mcmaster?

3. Check out bargainfittings.com . They ususally carry those.

4. ryane

ryane Savant (355) Washington Nov 21, 2007

swagelock will have them in stock, google swagelock in your area and drop by the store

5. julian

Thanks guys, I was able to find the part I needed on bargainfittings.com. It wasn't cheap but at least one of the last parts needed is on its way to me now :)

6. telejunkie

telejunkie Savant (340) Vermont Sep 14, 2007

nice...better yet, wayne is a really nice guy too. He helped me quite a bit with my last re-incarnation of my brewstand. Love morebeer's selection...hate that their hardware seems to be on back order half the time...

7. julian

Yeah, bargainfittings is great! I somehow forgot to use them at first. MoreBeer has awesome selection but yeah, they're often backordered.