Brewery Tours in Minneapolis - St. Paul

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by oleball1, Apr 2, 2014.

1. oleball1

oleball1 Disciple (50) Illinois Aug 19, 2010

A friend's birthday is coming up and we were thinking of doing a brewery tour. Not one brewery specifically, but instead looking for something that might hit a few different breweries. Has anyone done something like this in the Twin Cities? Any recommendations?

Thanks!

2. jera1350

jera1350 Champion (750) Minnesota Dec 15, 2007

Might just be better off hitting one tour and then visiting several taprooms with how many there are now. You could do a Downtown/NE Minneapolis Pub Crawl/Brewery Tour. Dangerous Man, Indeed, 612, Barley Johns, Town Hall, Fulton, and some of the newer ones would all be within a few miles of each other.

I've always liked the tour at Summit. If you're thinking Surly, those are usually booked a ways out.

3. oleball1

oleball1 Disciple (50) Illinois Aug 19, 2010

Thanks for the reply. That actually is more of what I meant to ask - are there any tours that hit several breweries/taprooms and what has been your experience with them? Doing a tour of each brewery isn't really what I'm looking for - maybe more of a pub crawl that hits brewpubs and taprooms rather than crappy bars.

4. Ejayz

Ejayz Savant (280) Iowa May 15, 2011

I have done lot of tours and have to say I enjoyed the Summit tour because of the large scale of their brewery. Surly was also a lot of fun but good luck getting in. If the website says they are booked try calling and sweet talking them ( this worked when my wife tried)

5. Just to clear up a misconception in this thread: Surly tours are announced on their Facebook/Taproom page, and you sign up the day of the tour. It isn't difficult to get into a tour at all.

For instance, this is c/p directly from their Facebook Taproom site:

Tours
    We'll be running FREE brewery tours during the following times:

Saturday, 4/5 at 1:00, 3:00 and 6:00pm

Scott Rulli, longtime Surly volunteer & taproom employee, will be leading the tours.

Note: There will be no tours on Saturday, April 19 due to scheduled brewery maintenance.

Tour Rules

Sign up will be at the brewery one hour prior to each tour. Tour spots are limited to 30 people and you must be present in the taproom to sign up. We will try to have a 6:00 pm tour whenever we can, but probably not as consistently as the afternoon tours.

SipIt likes this.