1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Brewmeister Brewery Releases Armageddon, World's Strongest Beer at 65% ABV

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by Todd, Oct 24, 2012.

1. GRG1313

GRG1313 Champion (815) California Jan 15, 2009

While I would love to taste your homebrew, where did I ever say that I pay for everything I taste? And, I'm not defending the beer, I have no interest in the beer. I'm simply saying that it's hard to judge how a car drives before you drive it or whether a movie is good or bad before you see it. Same with beer, no?

2. GRG1313

Very literal this group and apparently always looking for a fight. Well, while I won't play for the most part, I did not "drainpour" the bottle. I simply tasted my small pour and didn't finish the 1/4 of an ounce that was left in the glass - i.e., I "poured it out." Most of the people who tasted with me liked it; or, at least liked TNP and StB more than me. And, while we're at it, I WAS the one who paid for both bottles so that my tasting group of about 18-20 people had the chance to taste "the novelty." They seemed to appreciate it.

(I continue to fail to understand the absolute malignancy of personal comments when the intial comments were so innocuous! Clearly, many people on this site think that they're curing cancer with their beer comments. Man, I hope they're right!)

haknort and SkitzIrish3 like this.
  3. Just about spat out my beer reading this. Nice one. :D

SkitzIrish3 likes this.
  4. danbeam

danbeam Aspirant (30) California Jan 23, 2013

There's no way this is 65%. Having it right now. Tastes like ~15% to be honest.

5. czfreeman

czfreeman Savant (455) California May 22, 2007

this argument's gettin' wierd

6. drabmuh

drabmuh Champion (815) Maryland Feb 7, 2004

that's not beer.

7. At least it's not cloaked in dead squirrels...

dachshunddude86 and cavedave like this.
  8. Its all Utopias 10th!

9. lilheb

lilheb Aspirant (40) Indiana Nov 7, 2010

I had this beer just last night. I ordered it about four months ago and it just got to me a few nights ago. This beer is NO WAY 65% abv. I drank the beer in about an hour and didn't even get buzzed off of it. It tasted just a little stronger than Dogfish's 120, I sure wish it was that beer instead of what I thought was going to put me on my ass. Very disappointed with this beer.

10. Vonerichs

Vonerichs Savant (490) Illinois Sep 1, 2008

I tasted it, it's complete shit and I'd be willing to make a hefty wager it's not 65% abv. But hey, kudos to them for stealing your money and making you think you wanted it.

P.S. By "you" I mean anyone that bought it and I ticked this off of a sorry sucker that did.

11. Vonerichs

Nope. I think statements such as "The phrase 'delivers a punch' doesn't quite cut it. 'Delivers a supersonic charged explosion and conveys the taster to drunkville' is probably more appropriate....it really is a powerful beer!"
    gives us the ideal opportunity to judge without tasting their product.

cavedave likes this.
  12. VDODSON

VDODSON Savant (310) North Dakota Feb 5, 2013

Brewmeister picks up the title ''Brewery of Douchebags'', congrats mates. Why would someone pay $64.00 for this, curse the english and their crappy beers and overexcessive amounts of skinny jeans.

Kerrie likes this.
  13. GRG1313

I am only troubled by the fact that English is clearly not your native language. You could not possibly have meant what you said. You could not possibly mean that a company's puffing and ad campagn, in and of itself and without trying the product, is of sufficient credibility to judge the product? I cannot believe I live in that world.....really? Are you really the guy that buys the stuff that is advertised in the back of the magazine that promises to increase the length of your dick by 2 inches? I am almost speechless......

14. Thanks Todd for acknowledging that some may consider it "cheating" - some dick was calling me crazy because I hold this opinion on the previous board about Armageddon.

15. Unless you drink it in a pressure vessel ;)

16. Vonerichs

I have no idea where you're going with this, but what magazines are you buying?

P.S. I think a company's terribly transparent "ad campaign" speaks volumes about product. Plus, I tried it and it's shit. Period.

It's not much different than you judging me without knowing me based on one statement. Hypocrite.