Brewmeister: Tarring an industry with a cynical brush

Discussion in 'British Isles' started by Aye, Jan 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aye

Aye Initiate (0) Jul 21, 2011 England
    Deactivated

2. jazzyjeff13

jazzyjeff13 Grand Pooh-Bah (3,841) Nov 6, 2010 England
    Pooh-Bah Society

'Arse-gravy' - LOL :slight_smile:

A rather amusing rant.

EmperorBevis likes this.
  3. Aye

Aye Initiate (0) Jul 21, 2011 England
    Deactivated

Ooh I haven't tried that one is it an imperial stout?

jazzyjeff13 likes this.
  4. Hanglow

Hanglow Pooh-Bah (1,977) Feb 18, 2012 Scotland
    Pooh-Bah

I presume they are a bit simple and am actually refraining from slagging them off as it might come across as bullying.

5. CwrwAmByth

CwrwAmByth Initiate (0) Jan 24, 2011 England

It was...

Aye likes this.
  6. Zimbo

Zimbo Pooh-Bah (2,281) Aug 7, 2010 Scotland
    Pooh-Bah

Wow, Chris taking the moral high ground.There's a first.
    Difficult not to disagree with him though. Let's see where this goes from here.

7. Zimbo

Pooh-Bah

By the way, the irony of the article's second last paragraph was not lost on me.

8. CwrwAmByth

I do think it's funny with his message not to give them the attention they desire, a message he's given in a widely read blog post that's probably being quite widely circulated amongst the beer world.

Also it's funny that THB are charging £25 a pop just to go to the bar for a Tiny Rebel meet the brewer/tap takeover evening. I know you get to keep your glass but... bloody hell.

Zimbo likes this.
  9. Zimbo

Pooh-Bah

You know it. brew meister are taking troll shots &, scoring some hits.

10. CwrwAmByth

THB are feeding them well. Although Brewmeister beer does look shit, especially that Armageddon.

11. Zimbo

Pooh-Bah

And I hope Chris and THB manage to contain this potential situation here. Now that they've said their piece they need to just blank brew meister. Some of brew meister's points may actually be worthy of discussion but certainly not as a ham fisted piece of promotion.

12. CwrwAmByth

Yes, especially when it is know that somewhere down the line, for example, that Tiny Rebel beers are being marked up by 300% or 400% in some cases. That must be a case of it being well known "craft", so somebody knowing they can charge a premium for it.

Zimbo likes this.
  13. Zimbo

Pooh-Bah

If there is one topic which makes the 'craft' beer industry unite and go nuclear it's any discussion about price gouging. I'll leave it up to you folks to decide whether the oftenhysterical hysterical reaction to the accusation can be explained either by proud crafty businesses defending their good name or others who might just have caught with their hands in the cookie jar.

14. Zimbo

Pooh-Bah

15. Zimbo

Pooh-Bah

CwrwAmByth knows how to read between the lines. And the 'message' unintentionally reveals so much more than just being an attempt to be a 'craft' unifying sword of truth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.