Brews Available in FL not available in MO

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by booyahachieved3, Dec 6, 2012.

1. I'll make this quick... My uncle makes monthly trips to FL from the Midwest, which readily available beers should I have him pick up for me? Particularly from Cigar City, The Bruery, Smuttynose, Dogfish Head. Here is the seekabrew comparison.

Direct link to this comparison:

2. joshodonn

joshodonn Savant (345) Florida Jan 21, 2011

Well, two important questions that might help me provide a better answer for you...

1. Where in FL does he come from? Different areas of the state see drastically different distribution patterns

2. What styles do you like? No sense in me telling you my favorite readily available IPAs and big stouts if you're not into those.

I grew up in NW Missouri and am Chiefs fan as well....
  3. He is based out of Clearwater, FL. I like everything! I'm willing to try just about everything but I love unique twists on traditional beers. I know in some areas there are just "go to" local beers that are held in high regard in the beer culture. Tank 7 is an example in KS/MO.
  4. joshodonn

joshodonn Savant (345) Florida Jan 21, 2011

ahhh ok well then you're in luck, he should be able to find plenty of Cigar City beers. If he's anywhere near Luekins liquor in Dunedin have him stop there. Stuff to look for:

Cigar City: Jai Alai IPA, White-Oak Aged Jai Alai, Humidor IPA, Maduro Brown Ale, Tocobaga Red, Florida Cracker, Hotter Than Helles, Big Sound Scotch Ale, Bolita Double Brown Ale, Jose Marti Porter

Other breweries that I recommend that you can't get in MO are Ballast Point (Sculpin IPA specificially), Hoppin' Frog (BORIS Imperial Stout and Barrel-Aged BORIS).

Pretty much any of the standard Dogfish Head beers should be available, if he can find any Palo Santo Maron that would be worth picking up and aging for a while. Their standard 60 Minute IPA and 90 Minute IPAs should be easy to find and any Publix supermarket.

You may also want him to look for Oskar Blues, specifically Deviant Dale's, Ten Fidy, and Dales Pale Ale.

I can make more suggestions if you want....
    kpanter likes this.
  5. I'll start with that, he's busy enough as it is. Thanks a lot!
  6. MikeMoriendi

MikeMoriendi Savant (305) Florida Jun 13, 2008 Verified

I'd like to add that if you get Sculpin be sure to check the date on the bottle. Just last month I was at the Total Wine in Tampa and the Sculpin there was more than a month past the best by date.