1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Brews to try in GA

Discussion in 'US - South' started by Stevedore, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Stevedore

Stevedore Champion (865) Wisconsin Nov 16, 2012

Currently staying near Lynchburg, TN since my folks want to visit the Jack Daniels' distillery. Will be passing through Chattanooga on I-24 on the way to Florida and am thinking about stopping through Beverage World in Fort Oglethorpe.

What are some local brews to try out? What's worth grabbing that I can't grab in the Great Lakes area?

I do have five bottles of a six pack of Zombie Dust. I wonder if its worth trading it since I have half a case at home and can easily pick up more when I go back. But I digress. I enjoy mainly pale ales, IPAs and the occasional stout.

TIA

2. sommersb

sommersb Advocate (580) Tennessee May 25, 2010

Sweetwater in GA makes a good pale ale (420) and IPA.

3. StuartCarter

StuartCarter Savant (450) Alabama Apr 25, 2006

Terrapin make good stuff. Lazy Magnolia form MS should be available, too

4. khargro2

khargro2 Advocate (510) Kentucky Jan 11, 2012

I may be too late for helping you out, but Terrapin Wake-n-Bake is currently on shelves and going fast. I also personally like Wild Heaven Ode to Mercy as a local favorite. You will have better luck finding these in the Atlanta market, but Beverage World is not bad...

Zach136 likes this.
  5. khargro2

khargro2 Advocate (510) Kentucky Jan 11, 2012

Did I mention that I would love to try Zombie Dust

6. drfabulous

drfabulous Savant (260) Kentucky Jul 23, 2005

Do they get Jailhouse and Ode to Mercy up there? They are two fine Atlanta area beers.