Bridgeport Ale House closing

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by guajolote, Dec 14, 2012.

1. guajolote

guajolote Savant (415) Oregon Sep 12, 2008

kmeyer45 likes this.
  2. I remember the Bridgeport Alehouse being pretty good about 5-8 years ago. Good sample tray and brewery tour with free beer. After they changed from pizza and family friendly to 21+ I knew they were making a bad move, plus their beer has been steadily going down hill for a long time. Oh well, it sucks for everyone who worked there but I think a lot of beer snobs are saying good riddance....

3. PDXHops

PDXHops Savant (475) South Carolina Nov 19, 2008

What a confusingly run brand.

4. John_M

John_M Moderator (1,110) Oregon Oct 25, 2003 Staff Member

My memories of the alehouse are all pretty positive. However, as the beer scene in Portland gradually evolved and expanded (and improved), I just stopped going there any more. Historically, I have very fond memories of Bridgeport beers, but I can't even remember the last time I ordered a bridgeport ale. Personally, I thought the food at the alehouse was actually pretty darn good. However, in Portland, what the alehouse had to offer just wasn't sufficient to get my business anymore.

5. ellswrth

ellswrth Savant (355) Oregon Oct 7, 2003

Damn. And I still have a 2 for 1 coupon.

6. Sarlacc83

Sarlacc83 Advocate (620) Oregon Mar 2, 2008

At first, I saw this as Bridgetown, and I was really confused about how such a good shop could take in the pants.

I always pass the Bridgeport when I get a chance. There's never much special to draw me in.

Oh, and my favorite part of the article:

Isn't Ezra responsible for the Fantasia and Four-Play labels featuring...big breasted women?

kscaldef and maltmaster420 like this.
  7. DimensionX

DimensionX Savant (335) Oregon Oct 1, 2010

Bridgeport IPA was one of my favorite beers in the year 2000

8. Gobigvt7

Gobigvt7 Savant (310) Oregon Mar 15, 2008

I honestly liked the Enchanted quite a bit, but the fact that they literally forgot about it for two years and didn't brew a followup batch for release next year speaks volumes to how backwards that brewery is in the innovations dept.

9. John_M

LOL!!! Me too, me too...

(I liked how it was priced as well)

10. HopHead84

HopHead84 Champion (915) California Nov 29, 2006

Yea but that's not, like, Corporate, dude.

Sarlacc83 likes this.
  11. TheNewSchool

TheNewSchool Zealot (90) Oregon Oct 6, 2011

If you guys really think that this:
    [​IMG]

is the same as this:
    [​IMG]
    then yes I am a total hypocrite. Regardless thanks for reading.

12. HopHead84

HopHead84 Champion (915) California Nov 29, 2006

Picture #1 screams "board of directors" and protection from personal liability for owners. #2 has "neighborhood co-op" written all over it.

13. Sarlacc83

Sarlacc83 Advocate (620) Oregon Mar 2, 2008

So it would be better if the models were semi-suggestively eating a peach? (And I notice you didn't link to Four-Play B.2).

I also wasn't calling you a hypocrite. The statement just struck me as ironic.

14. exitmusic00

exitmusic00 Savant (275) Oregon Mar 15, 2010

Having not read the article, can someone give me a quick synopsis...why should I be wearing lederhosen, exactly?

guajolote likes this.
  15. This thread went in some unexpected directions.

16. leedorham

leedorham Champion (835) Washington Apr 27, 2006

I would like to see some more examples before I form an opinion.

oregone likes this.
  17. Texwild

Texwild Savant (255) Washington May 1, 2008

Sad to hear. A flagship brewery that turned so many of us on...thanks for the memories.

18. John_M

Ummmm.... this is just their alehouse on SE Hawthorne. The brewery over in the Pearl District (I guess 1313 NW Marshall is still considered the Pearl District), to the best of my knowledge, is still going strong.

Lazerlobe likes this.