1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

Bridgeport Enchanted

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by djbreezy, Oct 11, 2012.

1. djbreezy

djbreezy Advocate (510) Washington Dec 16, 2008

[​IMG]

Think it'll taste as good as the bottle looks?

Press Release:

New Bottle Aged Brew to be Released at This Year’s Great American Beer Festival, Oct. 11-13

PORTLAND, Ore. – October 10, 2012 – BridgePort Brewing Company, Oregon’s oldest craft brewery, is set to premiere its newest beer, Enchanted, at this year’s Great American Beer Festival in Denver, Colo. The new, very limited brew is an aged version of the brewery’s ever-popular Stumptown Tart from 2010. Enchanted is a Belgian Style Framboise infused with 2,000 pounds of Oregon red raspberries and then aged for two years in oak barrels.

“This is a special one for our team,” commented brewmaster, Jeff Edgerton. “The 2010 Stumptown Tart was a favorite not only amongst our loyal BridgePort fans – but also amongst our brewers. The only way to up the ante on that beer was to let it age in oak barrels for two years. The result is something surprising and pretty unforgettable.”

Enchanted has been described by the limited few who have tried it as presenting with an obvious berry wine taste and then finishing with the mellow flavor of oak and some extra-sparkling carbonation. This reserve beer will be available in limited quantity in Oregon only.

BridgePort’s Stumptown Tart Stats: IBU’s: 14 ABV: 7.7% Color: Reddish-Pink OG: 17.6 Ingredients: Pacific Northwest pale malted barley, Pacific Northwest malted wheat, German hops, 2,000 pounds of Oregon Red Raspberries, Belgian yeast. 50% Belgian Tripel aged in wine barrels one year blended with Belgian Tripel and Raspberries. Description: A Belgian Framboise style Ale infused with Oregon Red Raspberries and aged in oak barrels for two years. A strong, fruit driven Framboise with hints of raspberry, oak and spicy Belgian yeast flavors with a light, refreshing finish.

About BridgePort Brewing Company: Oregon’s oldest craft brewery continues to evolve from a microbrewery to a regional leader in the craft brewing market, while remaining faithful to its commitment to producing high-quality, innovative craft ales. The BridgePort family of ales includes IPA, Hop Czar, Kingpin, Witch Hunt and a list of seasonal releases. BridgePort Brewery is located at 1313 N.W. Marshall St. For more information, call 503-241-7179 or visit www.bridgeportbrew.com.

2. Kopfschuss

Kopfschuss Advocate (550) Oregon Aug 19, 2009

I wonder if this will be reasonably priced as it is from Bridgeport. Sounds tasty to me!

3. Reidrover

Reidrover Advocate (695) Oregon Jan 14, 2003

Guessing average.. same as usual for Bridgeport nowadays

checktherhyme and gtermi like this.
  4. gtermi

gtermi Champion (750) Texas Apr 21, 2010

I want to try this, but they have nothing I go crazy about so I am not going to go crazy trying to find this.

Lordkrystic likes this.
  5. IpeeA

IpeeA Savant (400) Missouri Jan 22, 2010

$13/bottle according to my OR source. Sounds reasonable for such a limited brew.

6. Smurf2055

Smurf2055 Savant (495) Washington Nov 12, 2011

“ This reserve beer will be available in limited quantity in Oregon only.[/quote]

For anyone interested, we got some in Washington

7. It's waxed. Of course it's good.

beertunes and csano like this.
  8. Bridgeport has not made a decent beer since BBN Old Knucklehead.

9. waltersrj

waltersrj Initiate (0) Washington Dec 16, 2010

HAHA and that was like what 1998? "Old Boilermaker?"

10. w_klon

w_klon Aficionado (235) Oregon Aug 1, 2012

Funny you said that, they got some @belmont station right now #blackfridaysale. Bought one to try it out

11. OakedCanuck

OakedCanuck Initiate (0) Washington Jun 23, 2009

Saw this at Bottleworks yesterday. Hand numbered up to 2400 bottles I believe.

Passed on it due to the fact that it said Bridgeport on the side of the bottle.

waltersrj likes this.
  12. m4ttj0nes

m4ttj0nes Aficionado (235) Oregon Feb 21, 2012

any reports on how this is drinking?

13. Sarlacc83

Sarlacc83 Advocate (620) Oregon Mar 2, 2008

Drinking it now. Great nose, very watery body. I had high hopes when I smelled the blast of raspberry, but alas, twas not to be. Review up later. Very average beer.

14. Shmeal

Shmeal Advocate (530) Oregon Nov 9, 2009

Tried this beer yesterday. Tastes like a watered down Raspberry Tart

15. Gobigvt7

Gobigvt7 Savant (310) Oregon Mar 15, 2008

I thought it was really enjoyable. Nothing near as complex as supplication or anything, but I just enjoyed drinking it. I thought it was worth the $12 no question.

Smurf2055 likes this.