1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Broken bottle advice

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by Ataraxia, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Ataraxia

Ataraxia Savant (260) Massachusetts Sep 20, 2012

Background:
    My second trade, 2x VaS + 1x Pretty Things for 2x Abyss. I add another Pretty Things for a total of 4 bombers into a box within a box. The box got there today and the other guy lets me know 1 of the VaS broke (though no Fedex msgs). He also tells me it's ok b/c of that extra Pretty Things and will send his end.

Now I've read the trading tutorial, broken bottles are on the sender. Do I find a small box and send the replacement on its own? On one hand sending just 1 bottle is not particular efficient to ship, and he is understanding of the situation. On the other, I do have that responsibility and feel bad.

Advice?

2. nicks6217

nicks6217 Savant (360) California Jan 15, 2010

See if you guys can work out a 2nd trade and just toss in the broken v@s.

cavedave likes this.
  3. tacosandbeer

tacosandbeer Savant (430) Colorado Sep 24, 2010

This just happened to me. First time breakage on a package I sent. Luckily I was able to find a replacement and am sending it out along with something else. There was never a question about it...unless I was not able to find a replacement. Luckily it worked out.

4. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 8, 2011

No need to panic. Just build up an inventory of his wants, send him a box, and he will be impressed, and most likely return the favor.

cavedave and given2flybrewing like this.
  5. Steimie

Steimie Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 7, 2012

If he said let it go, you let it go. For now. Then, in a month or so, you hit him upside the head with a surprise, unsolicited box of awesomeness.

gpawned, wittyname, cavedave and 3 others like this.
  6. cavedave

cavedave Champion (940) New York Mar 12, 2009

Haha great to see a thread with responses like this, that is how you do it in the trading community, why we all love to trade.