Brooklyn Black OPS 2008

Discussion in 'Cellaring / Aging Beer' started by jstilwell, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Anyone crack one lately? Still sitting on a couple of these and wondering when the time is right.

thanks

2. surlytheduff

surlytheduff Savant (380) Michigan Jul 22, 2010

It's been a year since I last had an 08 - it was allright, not great. I cannot imagine that it is improving, so the question would be how steep the decline is.

3. jbeezification

jbeezification Savant (415) Texas Jun 6, 2012

I'd say three years is plenty for this beer. I'm drinking my 11's this year.

4. RCL

RCL Aficionado (135) Massachusetts Jul 23, 2008

Just had one over the holidays. I'd say it's on the downward slope. Drink now.

ICCULIS likes this.
  5. Had one last week. I thought it was holding up quite well, but definitely past it's peak. Went down very smooth, and a lot of the bourbon had subsided. Still a good beer.

6. beerhan

beerhan Savant (400) Ohio Apr 28, 2010

I had either an 08 or 09 last night and I would not recommend aging it much more. while it was delicious still, it was very woody and maintained a lot of barrel character I do not see it improving anymore but the carbonation is dead on right now.

7. Man. This makes me sad to hear as I have quite a few '09s and '10s and Garrett Oliver says himself that it should age nicely for much longer. I guess I need to start opening some of these..