Bruery 2015 RS/HS Allocations

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by F2brewers, Jan 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riko

riko Zealot (732) Jan 18, 2008 California
    Trader

The Bruery's email about the grumblers said to drink them within 24 hours. Maybe they knew there were issues...

Xul likes this.
  2. grze

grze Maven (1,460) Apr 17, 2012 Virginia
    Trader

I didn't notice anyone using the word "defective". I think it's just sharing experience within the first days of using them. Oh and you missed Mango Hottenroth part...

SanFranJake and Mag00n like this.
  3. Mag00n

Mag00n Initiate (0) Nov 21, 2008 New York

I have a growler of mash and & grind in the mail to me, will report back how it kept

grze likes this.
  4. Kyle2k10

Kyle2k10 Initiate (0) Jul 14, 2010 California
    Trader

I have a few different size Hydroflasks, 64oz, 32oz (just like Bruery ones), and my wife has a 18oz. We've never had any problems with leakage/loss of carb. I've had them filled by Maui Brew Co in the past and they hold temp really well, especially sitting on hot sand. I've also filled them off my homebrew kegs with no problems. Check the seal before you leave the tasting room, they might be cross threading them. Make sure to test the threads before you get it filled.

grze likes this.
  5. ac24

ac24 Zealot (696) Nov 17, 2014 California
    Trader

Well he really didn't ask, it was more of a statement. If he asks today he will still be on schedule.

FrogOut69 likes this.
  6. Sumdeus

Sumdeus Initiate (0) Mar 17, 2014 Indiana

The mug club at absolution also uses a hydro flask, 64oz version i believe.

7. ac24

ac24 Zealot (696) Nov 17, 2014 California
    Trader

Most places will tell you to drink within 24 hours so I don't think this means they knew about any issues.

KevSal likes this.
  8. Scottie_A25

Scottie_A25 Zealot (610) Nov 4, 2013 Tennessee
    Trader

I was there last night and it was still listed on the Reserve Society Draft sheet.

Doomsayer52 likes this.
  9. Igotmypistola

Igotmypistola Initiate (0) Aug 30, 2010 California

I love the hydroflasks and have used them since their market debut. I hae recommended them to all my friends and hot yogi fanatics. Everyone loves them but we all have the same complaint. Worst lids ever. They break, crack, snap at any drop, hard to seal. There are plenty of fantastic aftermarket tops available on amazon that seal tight and are rock solid durable. This is my favorite one

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00DM...SX200_QL40&dpPl=1&dpID=31D+Hi81AAL&ref=plSrch

TNeedles likes this.
  10. Elbatmanuel

Elbatmanuel Initiate (0) Oct 6, 2014 California

I got a growler fill last week and had no issue with leaks but when it was handed back to me I tightened it down another 1/5 of a turn. My big issue was that the fill was not to the top, there was almost 2" of air. From my understanding the best way to fill a growler is to leave no room for air. I have a 64oz hydro and I leave no air when filling it and it has never leaked, but it is kinda messy to fill.

11. grze

Trader

I was actually thinking about buying that. Your link opens in a weird way on my computer, but I think that's the same as:
    https://www.hydroflask.com/products/hydro-flask-wide-mouth-straw-lid-wide-mouth
    right?

12. Igotmypistola

Igotmypistola Initiate (0) Aug 30, 2010 California

Yes it is. It's legit. I don't know why they don't come standard... actually I do, so you have to buy them afterwards.

TheSevenDuffs and grze like this.
  13. SDReaper

SDReaper Pooh-Bah (2,150) Aug 15, 2013 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

So hydroflask + this top from amazon.

I always joked during my college years that I would drink beer out of a sippy cup. I like that we are finally going in that direction. Looking forward to rum BT from a sippy cup.

xccris, FrogOut69, Ilpalazzo and 3 others like this.
  14. TNeedles

TNeedles Initiate (0) May 11, 2013 California

The straw cap is going to be legit for beach beers! I'm in for 1

DougOLis likes this.
  15. grze

Trader

I was going to order one today. Should I grab one for you as well?

16. JoshBeerNow

JoshBeerNow Initiate (0) Sep 23, 2014 California

Order like 20 and bring them to SMM in March for us! :slight_smile:

Scottie_A25 and grze like this.
  17. TNeedles

TNeedles Initiate (0) May 11, 2013 California

Ah man, I missed your post. I just ordered one. Appreciate the offer as always! Let's try to meet up at the Bruery soon and we can test the new caps. :wink:

18. corregidore

corregidore Initiate (0) Aug 27, 2010 California

For what it's worth, I had a buddy swing by a few nights ago with a Mocha in hand that he had opened 10 minutes prior and thought may be infected. We tried it and...............well, we weren't completely sure. It didn't taste like last years. We definitely tasted something, but thought any infection-y taste may just be in our heads.

We recapped it and the next day went to the Bruery with that bottle and a new bottle (about 3200 away in bottle count). We tried those side by side with a taster off draft. I'm still convinced that first bottle tasted a little different, but it wasn't too far off, certainly not far off enough to say infection. I can't speak for the other guys, but I'd attribute the smell and taste differences more to bottle variation than anything else. (For what it's worth, the second bottle and draft pours tasted both identical and delicious.)

That night I got a growler fill and had a bad cap. It wasn't hard to notice, since the pressure alone was enough to force the beer out under the cap with it just sitting on the counter. Without even giving it back, they got be a new growler and it worked perfectly. I opened it the next day (about 28 hours later) and there was less, but still plenty, of carbonation.

And finally for mhksuccess, I've heard Mango Hottenroth will be released next month.

Callmecoon, Sumdeus and Xul like this.
  19. the_trystero

the_trystero Initiate (0) Mar 19, 2013 California

What day and time, down to the nanosecond?

ac24 likes this.
  20. BuschLeagueOC

BuschLeagueOC Initiate (0) Apr 23, 2014 California

Breakfast of Champions back on tap at the Taproom this weekend!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.