1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Bruery Autumn Maple 100% Brett

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by clegolfski, Dec 24, 2012.

1. clegolfski

clegolfski Savant (315) Ohio Jul 13, 2008

What is everyone's experience with this? I am sipping a bottle form this year I just opened and am not sure what to think. Very interesting to say the least.

2. Never was a fan. Had it twice, don't think I'll try it again.

3. clegolfski

clegolfski Savant (315) Ohio Jul 13, 2008

Im glad that i tried it too. Dont think Ill go back.

4. luwak

luwak Savant (305) Arizona Mar 2, 2010

Yeah this seems like a really weird beer to Brett -up.

5. I am probably in the minority on this, but it is my favorite autumn maple variation. I really liked it. I bought one when it came out. After trying it, I wished I had bought more. The only complaint that I had was that it was under carbonated. Maybe that would have changed with a little more time. Regardless, very good beer.

6. fuckbrett, I'msickofhearingaboutbrettnow!

afrokaze likes this.
  7. hctap00

hctap00 Aficionado (195) Maryland Nov 2, 2012

Autumn Maple was the first beer I ever drain poured. Could not finish it, on Thanksgiving no less. I remember tasting brown sugar and yeast. Not sure if it was Brett or not, but it was not pleasant. No yams. Very disappointing.

8. just got one for xmas. wonder if its worth it just to sit on it?

9. salzar

salzar Initiate (0) California Dec 27, 2008

100% brett is my favorite Autumn maple variant, very different from the base beer

10. Cenosillicaphobe

Cenosillicaphobe Savant (360) Maine Jul 24, 2011

That there is a pretty bold beer statement.

11. vurt

vurt Advocate (505) Oregon Apr 11, 2004

I didn't expect to like this version, but I ended up liking it a lot. It seems to me that somehow the flavors mesh together better in the 100% brett version than in the original Autumn Maple.

12. 2beerdogs

2beerdogs Champion (800) California Jan 31, 2005

I'm not typically a fan of Brett. Having said that, I liked this version better than the base beer.

13. Anyone have one recently? How's it drinking now? I BIF'd a bottle and still have two left of my three, never even had a chance to try it yet...

14. salzar

salzar Initiate (0) California Dec 27, 2008

I had a bottle about a month ago.