1. The BeerAdvocate Store is back! Pre-order your stuff now. Items begin shipping Dec 15. Christmas deadline = Dec 18 @ 5pm EST.
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Bruery Clusterfork - Now that's what I'm talkin' about

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by Vanlingleipa, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Being completely underwhelmed at the Bruery-provided beers, I stopped going to last year's Clusterforks, figuring the event was turning into an expensive $25 per ticket bottle share.

According to a Bruery e-mail today, this year they bumped the price to $30 but also greatly increased the quality of the beer - seven pours, 5 oz each. Happens 3/24, tix on sale 3/11. Deal me in, baby.

PIN: 100% oat sour w/ cherry puree
    PIN: Tradewinds w/ mango
    Chocolate rain 2013 (less than 5 oz)
    Mrs. Stoutfire
    ISO:FT
    Marron Acidifie

2. abecall98

abecall98 Advocate (540) California Aug 11, 2007

Damn, looks like a solid list. Wish I were closer to make it to these events.

3. Can you buy tickets for non-members too?

4. I plan to be going. Hope to see some of you there.

5. blguillen

blguillen Savant (300) California Apr 19, 2011

I have attended a few of these events courtesy of Usofar. Bomb events! Meet some great people and drink some bad ass beers!

Callmecoon likes this.
  6. Dear Bruery,

I want nothing more to attend one of your Clusterfork/non initiation events, but ~2 weeks notice is not enough. I would attend if I could, but you make it so hard.

Thanks,

CAbeerCAbeerCA

jtmartino likes this.
  7. rrryanc

rrryanc Savant (400) California May 19, 2006

Ya, I really wish they'd get their act together with the events planning. They know they're doing these quarterly, right? They know they have a bunch of people scattered around the country that would love to make an event here or there, right? Why can't they already have the four Clusterfork's planned?

8. Callmecoon

Callmecoon Savant (350) California Jul 15, 2010

Definitely. RS member and a guest.

9. Callmecoon

Yep! I've been to almost all of 'em, and always have a great time. I've met some of my closest craft beer pals at Clusterforks cause the atmosphere is so conducive to meeting new people. I'm psyched about the draft/bottle list, but the thing I like best about Clusterforks is that The Bruery doesn't provide all the beer. If they did, the events would be a lot more (unintentionally) cliquish, but by adding the bottle share element, it changes the dynamics completely. Everyone brings great bottles, and everyone is excited to share. Walk around with a nice bottle in hand and offer to share with strangers and you'll find they'll happily reciprocate and start up a conversation. See you there...

10. Penguin3200

Penguin3200 Savant (320) Minnesota Dec 28, 2008

Damn! Can't make this one happen, but looking forward to making out to one again this year! Love these events, but yes more then two weeks notice would help, especially for the MN contingent!

jodan likes this.
  11. Pecan

Pecan Savant (435) California Dec 20, 2012

Damn their impeccably awful timing! Two days before my board exam. Next time!

12. Retsinis

Retsinis Advocate (555) California Sep 25, 2009

Yeah went to about 5 of these in 2011, but missed all of them sadly in 2012. I'll be out of town for this one, but hoping to go to next quarters. I appreciate that the tap list is now being posted in advance, rather then not knowing until the day off what will be on tap. Have fun those that go.

13. Damn! Sold out! I really wanted to go to this but couldn't get to my computer until around 1pm. Anybody that has an extra that might become available. Please let me know. It would be greatly appreciated.

****Never mind looks like one opened up.

14. domtronzero

domtronzero Initiate (0) California Aug 18, 2007

I got my tickets. Looks like Dankbeers619 and myself will be attending, as well as our friend SethroTull. Looking forward to some bottle sharing too...

15. arash1000

arash1000 Aficionado (190) Arkansas Sep 26, 2012

I wouldn't think it would sell out that fast. Still shows selling on my computer. Anyway I got mine :)

16. Looked earlier, but couldn't find it. Apparently was hiding in the Merchandise section. Now says out of stock when I try to buy. Damn....

17. vissai

vissai Savant (360) California Oct 6, 2010

Damn I missed it! Looks like my Fou Foune, Bourbon Big Sound, and Curmudgeons Better Half will have to wait for the next Clusterfork ;)

18. mattolesh

mattolesh Savant (290) California Sep 30, 2007

Hey all,

A few updates:

1) Unfortunately, the Oat Sour w Cherry pin did not work out, so we will be serving a pin of Berazzled w/ Vanilla in it's place. Obviously we don't like to make changes like this after the event has been sold, but in this case we had no choice. Sorry :(
    2) A Bite Truck is confirmed as the truck for the event.

Looking forward to a fun day of beer sharing!

19. Callmecoon

I'm actually more psyched to try a sour with vanilla beans, and mellow, crossover/gateway sour BeRazzled seems like a perfect choice.

On another note, I finally looked up "PIN". Somehow I hadn't heard of it till the Clusterfork announcement a few days ago. I also learned that 2 hogsheads = 1 butt:

[​IMG]

20. sirtomtom

sirtomtom Savant (250) California Dec 10, 2010

The ten year old in me is laughing very hard.

Callmecoon likes this.
  21. Heh-Heh, Heh-heh. He said Hogshead.

22. jp7161

jp7161 Savant (335) California Dec 22, 2011

Thought I would ask here first. I got shut out of getting tickets to this clusterfork. I was able to secure one for myself, but the wife loves these things as well. Does anyone have an extra that they are not going t be using? I would be happy to reimburse the cost of course and will throw in a nice bottle as a thank you.

Cheers,

Joe

23. RedBeeron

RedBeeron Savant (260) California Jul 7, 2012

Once Joe's (wife is) taken care of, I'm also ISO as I got shut out completely. Similar offer.

24. APreacher

APreacher Savant (260) California Jun 6, 2012

Once joes wife and redbeeron get fixxed with tix. I have volume of hoppy homebrew to offer.

25. Skuter

Skuter Savant (270) California Jun 21, 2008

So what bottles is everyone bringing to the Clusterfork? I'll be bringing a 2010 Parabola and a BA Coton.

Callmecoon likes this.
  26. domtronzero

domtronzero Initiate (0) California Aug 18, 2007

Oaky Golden Pucker from Jackie O's and a bottle of either New Glarus Raspberry Tart or something from Cascade. Or maybe a Cantillon of some sort... haven't figured it out been persuaded yet.

Callmecoon likes this.
  27. salzar

salzar Initiate (0) California Dec 27, 2008

Art, Vera Mae, and maybe a hebrew 14

Callmecoon likes this.
  28. I may have to leave town Saturday due to some NCAA alumni obligations that I NEVER thought I'd have to deal with (ever), but if I show up I'm bringing some Boston locals and SS6, Harlan, and Mimosa or Juicy.

29. Last year's Upright Fantasia and 2007 Rodenbach

Callmecoon likes this.
  30. I'll probably bring my Toronado 25.

thatinvisibo and Callmecoon like this.
  31. Callmecoon

Any Hoarders attending this event up for an in-person trade for a bottle of Sour in the Rye with Peaches? Posting here for those that don't normally trade by mail. A few options:

1 for 1

Oil of Aphrodite
    Fayston Maple Stout
    Hill Farmstead Birth of a Tragedy
    Bell's Wild One

2 for 1 (pick any two)

NG Wisconsin Belgian Red
    Southern Tier Choklat
    Hoppin' Frog B.O.R.I.S
    G.I. 2010 Madame Rose
    Big Sky 2011 Olde Bluehair
    2012 BCBS

Baker's dozen for 1

Dark Horse Tres Blueberry Stout
    Founders Imperial Stout
    Founders Breakfast Stout
    Founders Backwoods Bastard
    New Glarus Moon Man
    Weyerbacher Heresy
    Weyerbacher Whiskey Barrel Aged
    DFH 120 Minute IPA
    New Holland Poet
    Central Waters Mudpuppy Porter
    Central Waters Satin Solstice
    Dark Horse Fore
    Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout

I'd also be up for a similar trade for an Alesmith BA Kopi. PM me if you'd like to work something out....

Cheers!

Steve

32. Two Items:

1. Has anyone seen the complete tap list?
    2. I understand that the Clusterfork is not taking place in the tasting room, but in another part of the brewery.

33. jp7161

Looks like I have a hockey game at 3:15 so I have to leave a bit early. That being said I am no longer looking for a ticket for my wife.

34. jp7161

I plan on bringing a nice assortment but the highlights will be a KRE, BART, 12oz Black Note, Kuhnhenn BA 4d

35. Another great time today. I've never been to a Bruery Clusterfork without enjoying outstanding beers and meeting some good folks.

JustXBeer and Callmecoon like this.
  36. JustXBeer

JustXBeer Savant (290) California Nov 29, 2012

Had a super fun time and thanks to all the generous BA'ers for the shares!
    This was the start...;)
    [​IMG]

queens1130, Skuter and Callmecoon like this.
  37. DougOLis

DougOLis Savant (275) California Aug 15, 2008

The Bruery's recent email said that tickets for the next Clusterfork were supposed to go on sale today at 11am, but I can't find them on the webstore. Has anyone had any luck finding them?

38. AndresR

AndresR Savant (280) California Jul 19, 2009

1pm now.

Kinda hard to commit when there is not list to base it on. I know it's about the bottle share. But those happen all the time around SoCal, minus the $30 tix.

39. nogidrew86

nogidrew86 Savant (250) Nevada Aug 16, 2010

First the complaint was they sell out too fast. Then the complaint was they announce them too fast. Now that they have added them in advance and given people the chance to plan ahead what is the next problem? I'm not directing this at you (specifically) but the Bruery is trying to be accommodating and have left the possibility open to add more clusterforks if they can. The beer lists have been pretty good at the Clusterforks and the announcing beers months in advance would be a little unfair to ask of them. There is a lot that can go wrong with a beer or a lot that can go right with a beer. ( good blend, new variant, new beer perhaps)

HopsintheSack likes this.
  40. stoad

stoad Aficionado (215) California Oct 16, 2005

got one. see somebody on 7/21.

jdmandel, OneBeertoRTA and Callmecoon like this.