Bruery Distro in Great Lakes area?

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by RedBeeron, Feb 22, 2013.

1. RedBeeron

RedBeeron Savant (260) California Jul 7, 2012

According to seekabrew.com a couple states get good distro, one gets limited, and a few get none. I'm just curious as to which beers you see, exactly.

I'm rounding out some extras to send to a trader who expressed interest in trying Bruery beers, but I dont know which ones would be optimal to send.

Namely, did/do you guys get saison de lente, Rueze, Ichigo Highway, Old Richland, Melange #3, Sour in the Rye?

Thanks for the help in advance, I'd hate to send something he could drive an hour to go pickup himself!

2. I've seen some in Chicago, namely 5 French Hens and Rugbrod. That's been it so far but I haven't looked too hard for it, and Binny's website says they have Mischief and a couple of their Saisons, including Saison de Lente.

3. Andygirl

Andygirl Savant (280) Michigan Jan 3, 2013

I can get a few in Ohio, none in Michigan. It's pretty limited in Ohio, only the ones I want the least, none you mention. :)

4. jmarsh123

jmarsh123 Advocate (575) Indiana Mar 31, 2010

In Indiana we've seen Saison de Lente, Rueuze and Sour In The Rye of the ones you mentioned as well as Oude Tart, Rye Smoking Wood and all their normal year round, regular seasonal stuff and anniversary beers.

5. Of the ones you listed, at least Sour in the Rye and Saison de Lente are currently available in Ohio.

6. Andygirl

Do you mind sharing where you found them?

7. radio2525

radio2525 Savant (275) Ohio Feb 14, 2012

I have found both of the beer all around Cleveland in the past two weeks

8. Andygirl

I am looking around Toledo, so maybe that's why I am having problems.

9. taalhiker

taalhiker Aficionado (135) Ohio Aug 26, 2008

Belmont Party Supply in Dayton recently still had Sour in the Rye, Smoking Wood and Saison de Lente.
    I've also seen 5 Golden Rings.

10. I'm the Beer/Wine Manager at the Andersons Sylvania Market (http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/17492) and have both here. Also have several other Bruery's. If you're looking for particulars shoot me a message!

Andygirl likes this.
  11. beerhan

beerhan Savant (430) Ohio Apr 28, 2010

as of last night in Toledo I saw White Oak, saison de lente, rugrbababroadgd, sour in the rye, mischief, 5 golden rings, hottenroth, saison rue, might have seen some autumn maple, smoking wood, there might be something I am forgetting. You might still find some tart of darkness and oude tart but I have not looked for those lately.

12. Andygirl

Thanks! I have been to Anderson's on Talmage (might be spelling that wrong) but I will try the market next time.

ETA: I had given-up on finding anything but TradeWinds. Very happy you guys proved me wrong. :)