bruery initiation tickets

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by crusian, Jan 29, 2013.

1. crusian

crusian Advocate (620) Oregon May 14, 2010

When do these go on sale?! I need to get a flight, but might miss out on initiation tickets, which would make the flight pointless.

truckerock likes this.
  2. salzar

salzar Initiate (0) California Dec 27, 2008

I was wondering the same thing my self. Hopfully we know by the end of this week.

3. crusian

Knowing my luck, I would get my flight and not get a ticket.

4. RedBeeron

RedBeeron Savant (260) California Jul 7, 2012

At this point I can only assume there's something going on with the webstore security to make sure only RS are able to make it.

While there hasn't been any hard numbers for RS members this year announced, I don't think there are significantly more than last year (no source, just based on the paperwork at the Bruery for pickups). I don't remember either session filling out particularly quickly, but the later session did fill up first.

5. crusian

True... but hoaders and preservation... so, maybe 3 times as many people?

6. RedBeeron

I haven't seen anything stating PS could buy tickets, and given how the Bruery has backtracked on how many RS exclusives the PS would actually have access to, I'd be surprised if they opened this up to them.

Even with they significantly increased the number of RS/HS members, all they'd need to do would be add a third session. The Phoenix club can accommodate a ridiculous number of people.

7. crusian

Oh, another question... do I need a ticket for a wife that won't drink?

8. Waldomega

Waldomega Aficionado (105) Nevada Jan 15, 2013

i likely will not be able to attend, can i give the tickets to others?

crusian likes this.
  9. crusian

Answered my own question, read through last year's posts... sounds like there was a rip off DD ticket. Not sure of the price though, but people were mad at the price.

10. RedBeeron

Last year you needed to present photo ID to get your RS ticket/wristband, and your guest needed to present photo ID to receive their wristband. So the guest ticket was technically transferable, yours however was not.

IIRC correctly, the DD ticket was 25/35 bucks. Don't quote me on that, I can double check the email when I get home to confirm. But yeah, it was grossly overpriced.

jtmartino likes this.
  11. Lane1

Lane1 Aficionado (205) California Jan 10, 2011

Not to be dick, but I don't think Preservation Society should get allowed to go since it is a quarterly based membership. If i recall correctly, I don't remember reading that there is a cap on the amount of Preservation memberships available...this would cause an issue with the numbers of people at the event. I feel that the biggest perks should go to the people who have decided to invest in a year for the company...not just feel it out. Again don't mean to causing "class discrimination" but they have the 3 tier system in place for a reason.

dustintheyounger likes this.
  12. RedBeeron

Cant find the breakdown for ticket prices in my email, so my numbers may(probably) be off.

13. mattolesh

mattolesh Savant (290) California Sep 30, 2007

Hey all,

True, the new website has caused some delays but we're working on getting all the details ironed out as quickly as possible. Keep your eyes peeled for an email by the end of the week for sure (hopefully as soon as tomorrow).

To answer a few questions quickly here:
    These tickets will be for RS & HS members to purchase... not PS.
    Designated Driver tickets will be available as well.

Cheers,
    Matt
    [director of retail @ The Bruery]

14. jtmartino

jtmartino Savant (480) California Dec 11, 2010

Matt, do you now if additional tasters will be available for purchase this time around?

15. mattolesh

mattolesh Savant (290) California Sep 30, 2007

jtmartino - sorry... no additional tasters.

FYI... Planning on putting tickets up for sale in the next hour.

thedirtyname likes this.
  16. crusian

Looks like they are up... just the one session... when are DD tickets gong up? Will these sell out? I am still making plans...

17. Destral

Destral Savant (365) Nevada Oct 20, 2009

When and where are the tickets on sale? I haven't seen any emails or mention of this yet...and its not on the store site.

18. crusian

It is on the store... why is there tax on entry to a private party? That seems stupid. Dumb California laws.

19. Destral

Destral Savant (365) Nevada Oct 20, 2009

Yeah I see it now. Wasn't when I looked 5 minutes ago =(

Since there is only 1 session, is there a cap to the number of tickets being sold at all?

20. salzar

Well might as well order them now.....

21. ISO: 1 ticket

Id happily trade &/or pay for the ticket. Please BM me if you'd be interested in working something out... I have BCS, black note, BB Pt5th, Event Horizon, etc

22. I will also be ISO for 1 ticket. Let me know!

23. So do this mean there is only one session this year?

24. lymph

lymph Aficionado (180) California May 10, 2010

I like how I had to find out about this through BA and not an email from the Bruery.

Callmecoon, eyebereej and PeterJ like this.
  25. crusian

I'm sure you will get one today.

26. damn I never received any email
    that sucks

27. I never received an email either. I just read this thread and checked the site and they turned out to be for sale.

Edit: Wasn't there supposed to be a Hoarders initiation celebration too?

28. salzar

It looks like Hoarders can get 4 tickets, compared to 2 for RS

PeterJ likes this.
  29. lymph

lymph Aficionado (180) California May 10, 2010

Not sure about a separate Hoarders initiation. Emails from the Bruery seemed to imply only one initiation. I asked Jamie if there was going to be something special for Hoarders at the initiation (a special area/extra pours/early ticketing) and the response I received was that they are still planning everything out and they will email us as soon as they know.

30. Catchy_Name

Catchy_Name Savant (445) California Dec 21, 2011

What time is the event?

31. jtmartino

12-4

32. Catchy_Name

Catchy_Name Savant (445) California Dec 21, 2011

Well shit, I can't make It. I'll be working another event. I was hoping it would be at night.

33. jtmartino

I was hoping it would be at night too. And having it all in the same session seems like a bad idea - last year was awesome because it wasn't too crowded.

34. They mentioned on Facebook that there will be a separate area with exclusive beers for Hoarders members.

lymph and PeterJ like this.
  35. Nice!

Edit: Where did you see that?

Edit again: In the comments.

36. Yeah, luckily, the 2 sessions came in handy last year. Because of the rain, the event had to be moved into the tent at the last minute (the night before). I wonder what contingency plans they have this year if it rains. Imagine the the crowd inside the tent with both sessions last year combined.

jtmartino likes this.
  37. crusian

ok, looks like I am heading out for this.
    let me know if anyone wants anything from Texas...

38. Callmecoon

Callmecoon Savant (350) California Jul 15, 2010

RS Facebook page comments:

[​IMG]

39. crusian

that seems shitty to me...

40. cocoapuph

cocoapuph Savant (390) California Mar 4, 2011

25$ for DD tix is kinda painful. Might skip out this year.