1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

bruery initiation tickets

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by crusian, Jan 29, 2013.

1. crusian

crusian Advocate (620) Oregon May 14, 2010

Yeah, that's a concern of mine. I made it a point to come to this, as there were thngs last year I saw I really wanted to try. If they are there, like melange 1, and now I can't try it, I am going to be upset, as I feel like that was part of the membership prior, and now it was taken away. But calling the HS people assholes is a bit much. They got invited and took advantage of it. I would have too.

2. So how many people are Hoarders and actually live in Cali and/or are flying in? For example, my four tix aren't getting bought as I'm in Canada and there is no way I'm flying in myself for this. :( Methinks the Bruery may be overestimating how many Hoarders actually show up for this event...

3. crusian

I hope so... then they open the hs area for us common pooper scoopers.

4. Ah, rancor from the great unwashed is always amusing. Let them drink Nottenroth and like it!!!

jp7161 and domtronzero like this.
  5. Rumor says they brought in LA just for the Red Barn.

domtronzero likes this.
  6. RedBeeron

RedBeeron Savant (260) California Jul 7, 2012

THATS IT!

#occupyHS

Callmecoon and Pecan like this.
  7. RedBeeron

Hyperbole, bro. Guess I left out the appropriate emoticon :/

8. crusian

No worries, and I'm not your bro PAL. lol.

9. RedBeeron

c'mon bro, us 99% RS members need to stick together.

10. crusian

Lol.
    So, everything all said and done... I'm coming in from tx. Lets get a bottle share going on Friday night. I have so much to bring...

11. RedBeeron

Where are you staying? I live rather close to the phoenix club as was considering hosting a small bottleshare that saturday evening, after everyone's had a chance for a fap'n'nap. Friday I'm taking some out of towners to the local orange/anaheim breweries.

12. crusian

Have not gotten a place to stay yet... but sounds great. I am an out of owner, hint hint...
    My "wife" and I are coming in for it. Probably cash in Hilton points or something, but always open to saving money if alternative options open up.... hmm, that sounds weird. Never mind, lol. Let me know about Friday and bottle share sat. I'll leave you alone, lol. Send me a bm.

13. crusian

Actually this might sound weird... but do any BAs crash in a guest room to save money? Never really occurred to me, but if someone asked me to crash at my house, I am a softy and would say sure... especially if you have a good rep here and bring things to share...

14. jtmartino

jtmartino Savant (470) California Dec 11, 2010

RS members don't save money. That's the point.

ehammond1, mrkrispy and huadog like this.
  15. RedBeeron

Ftfy.

JustXBeer, jtmartino and Pecan like this.
  16. crashpads = airbrb.com

17. crusian

You have that wrong... hs don't save money. Rs do.
    Air bnb... looking there, but lets face it... would rather give some money to a good BA...

18. crusian

Actually... isn't crashpads=couch surfing?

19. Well, there ya go

20. nanobrew

nanobrew Initiate (0) California Dec 31, 2008

see you there, please come out to the common folk area and to hang out with us lowly RS members

kmatlack and JustXBeer like this.
  21. stupac2

stupac2 Initiate (0) California Feb 22, 2011

It's always interesting how people will complain about other people getting more than they get, even if what they get would be perfectly satisfactory in the absence of the other people getting more. Oh well.

Also, I had a great time last year. I had no problem with the number of tasters, the food, or anything, really. I think that 95% of the people attending will have a great time.

kristalynn and domtronzero like this.
  22. Nice! We'll see you there.

When the tap list comes out (the day before or day of the release or so), we should brainstorm some good blends.

23. I agree.

Although to play Devil's advocate, the counterfactual scenario here is probably that the "HS only" beers go to everyone in attendance instead of just to HS people. So there is a loss in value to their being a higher tier.

Pecan and domtronzero like this.
  24. radium

radium Aficionado (130) California Feb 17, 2010

ISO 1 ticket to the Initiation Party.

25. KevSal

KevSal Advocate (605) California Oct 17, 2010

your avatar rocks

26. When do they usually release the list of beers being poured?

27. domtronzero

domtronzero Initiate (0) California Aug 18, 2007

At the front door of the venue as you walk into the event. They'll give you a slip of paper with all the beers being poured and which station they're pouring it at.

28. Hmm, I could have sworn that they were put somewhere on the internet before the event last year.

29. Trio2shine

Trio2shine Savant (260) California Nov 15, 2011

Any recommended hotels within stumbling/cheap cab ride distance from the Phoenix Club?

30. crusian

seconded...

31. jtmartino

Extended Stay America - Orange County on Katella. <1 mile away and <$90/night (right now.)

Trio2shine likes this.
  32. jtmartino

May be booked up....rooms going quick.

33. Rent an RV through cruiseamerica.com. Friday pickup through Monday dropoff $300. Park just around the corner...
    Anything worth doing is worth doing right!

34. jtmartino

Hell yeah man, great venue for a post-party!

"Who's coming back to the RV!?!? Who's with me!?!?"

35. stupac2

You know, I think this was the case too. I may be misremembering, but that's what I recall.

36. jtmartino

I didn't know what was being poured until I walked in. I also didn't know we were limited to 10 tastings and didn't have the option to buy more until I walked in. This year is a little better in that regard, so I made sure we didn't get a DD ticket this time around (also nice the price dropped for that too.)

37. stupac2

I thought a lot of that stuff was known going in. Actually, wait, I remember this now, the list was leaked onto Full Pint: http://thefullpint.com/beer-news/the-bruery-reserve-society-2012-initiation-party-full-tap-list/

38. where is the info about this years? how many tastings?
    and how does the food work?
    also is there a list of what they serving?

39. The Bruery confirmed 10 taster tickets per person. Apparently towards the end of the event, the staff wasn't too focused on taking tickets but I can't confirm that. I was able to use extra tickets from my buddies to get extra pours. Last year they also gave you an extra ticket for food. It was catered by Beachwood, so tasty stuff. I assume it will work the same way this year.

40. Retsinis

Retsinis Advocate (555) California Sep 25, 2009

# 1 In the email they sent you, or the website.
    # 2 10 tastings, which is indicated on the website, and the email they sent you
    # 3 in years past, food was catered by beachwood bbq. They had trays full of food, with people manning each one. They scooped onto your plate, like a cafteria buffet line. This year it's Haven gastropub. Should be plenty of food, unless your like me, and a vegetarian, then you get double bread, a fork, napkin, a sent away...(I survived, will again, but I like food w/ my ticket price too...hoping for better options this year)
    # 4 Well, there will be. Generally they list a few days before the event, or once all the tickets are sold out. Probably by design (since they often claim they don't know what they will be pouring this far out, which makes no sense, since the beer is already made, not like it's being brewed today, to bring on the 23rd, set aside the kegs now, count them up, lock them up, and there is your list) /end rant.

I bought 4 tickets, and have been every year, even the first year that was in the old tasting room & storage/ grain room, or the 2nd year, which was awesome for me, since I got there early, and stayed to the very end (sadly not so great for far too many, but it gave birth to the Clusterfork events as a result) Ah, good times.

My complaints never keep me from going, or having a good time.

jtmartino likes this.