1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

bruery initiation tickets

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by crusian, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Except for a couple years ago when it was a bunch of food trucks, which ended up being a terrible choice. Though it was compounded by every other terrible choice which made it their least successful initiation celebration yet. But like you I was there quite early and got plenty of pours of everything I wanted, so it wasn't that terrible for me.

2. Retsinis

Retsinis Advocate (565) California Sep 25, 2009

Yeah, I remember the food trucks. I hit those early too, since I knew the lines would get long, which they did. Sucked when they ran out of food, not the way to go for that many folks, they certainly learned that lesson.

Getting there early had it's perks, as did having a very large group, and staying to the very end, where they stopped taking tickets all together. That, was some awesomeness right there. last year was very well run, plenty of staff, pouring stations, and we all got in early, instead of a huge queue line. It was raining, but that is the way to go imo. Let folks in when they arrive, and start pouring when you want it to start. I never waited more then 5 minututes for anything, and went through my tickets well before it was over, and I think that was only over 2 or 3 hours. Now with 4 hours, it should be fine, since some will go through their food, and tasters, then leave, so the crowds should flow well.

JustXBeer likes this.
  3. jtmartino

jtmartino Savant (480) California Dec 11, 2010

Yeah didn't see that list until after - the other stuff, I had no idea until I got there. Same for a lot of other people at the event I talked to in line. We were all kinda bummed we couldn't buy more tasters.

This year I have 20 tickets, so I'll be fine. And by fine I mean drunk.

4. stupac2

stupac2 Initiate (0) California Feb 22, 2011

I had that pretty well handled with only 10. It helped that a friend got about 20 pours out of 5 tickets, for some reason no one was taking his.

5. jtmartino

You're friend is a magician, and I need to meet him. Plus apparently we left before the pourers took off the blinders and were just giving out free samples to everyone within reach.

This year is gonna be good - wonder if they'll have more green hop oil/food coloring to play with? Really kicked the Knuckle Sandwich up a notch and made Humulus even more exciting.

Just trying to decide where to spend the night...probably somewhere near Disneyland so we can stumble around Downtown Disney in our drunken stupor and scare families.

MrFootstones and Trio2shine like this.
  6. crusian

crusian Advocate (620) Oregon May 14, 2010

I hope there are veggie options too...

Retsinis likes this.
  7. domtronzero

domtronzero Initiate (0) California Aug 18, 2007

With all the vegetable beers that the bruery makes you should be good to go!

Thanks folks! I'm here all night! The 10 o'clock show is much better than the 5 o'clock show!

mrkrispy likes this.
  8. bkratz

bkratz Aficionado (100) California Mar 12, 2009

Is anyone buying an extra ticket instead of a DD ticket so they can use the extra tasters? Just wondering, because I haven't seen anyone post about doing that yet...

9. nanobrew

nanobrew Initiate (0) California Dec 31, 2008

I think jmartino has mentioned about 10 time that is what he is doing

rrryanc, bkratz, huadog and 1 other person like this.
  10. jtmartino

In case it wasn't clear before, I'll be the guy double-fisting walez.

jp7161, nanobrew and thedirtyname like this.
  11. salzar

salzar Initiate (0) California Dec 27, 2008

psh 2 tickets is for pleebs, I will be in the Hoarders tent drinking 40 tasters of HS exclusive Nottenroth

12. crusian

so, getting closer to the event... I can bring some things to a nice hoarder that would be willing to uh, let me taste some things in the HS area...
    bourbon county? jester king sours? um... whatever else?

13. Brewed with PR's dingleberries.

14. RedBeeron

RedBeeron Savant (260) California Jul 7, 2012

Strict upgrade.

15. djaeon

djaeon Champion (755) California Oct 2, 2006

I emailed asking them if there would be vegetarian options (for my wife), and they said that they would request some veggie options.

Retsinis and sirtomtom like this.
  16. crusian

my hero. thanks man, much appreciated!

17. Nice! I'm always surprised that anywhere in SoCal would ever think of NOT having a veggie option.

usofar likes this.
  18. crusian

So, just got an email that said my tickets have shipped? Is that true, or is my name on a list at the door?

19. djaeon

djaeon Champion (755) California Oct 2, 2006

I got the same email.

20. I am wondering the same thing.

21. jtmartino

You should be on a list. They'll check you off and give you a bracelet.

22. PMR

PMR Savant (295) California Mar 31, 2005

There won't be any physical tickets being mailed out, your name will be on a list at the door.

Thanks,
    Patrick
    The Bruery

23. Thanks, can't wait.

24. Anyone know of any leaks on the web of the beers to be poured?

25. stupac2

stupac2 Initiate (0) California Feb 22, 2011

Isn't it over a week from now? If it leaks it'll be a few days before.

26. Is anyone familiar with the sort of food that Haven is known for? I get that they are a gastropub, but what do people think they would offer at a festival like this?

27. Here's their menu: http://www.havengastropub.com/orange/eat.html
    The Haven burger is a popular item but I've never had it as I'm not a fan of onions and they don't take kindly to modifications. They used to have some pulled pork sliders that were pretty good, I could see them doing some sort of sliders and maybe some of their flatbreads. But who knows.

28. Hmm thanks. Doesn't sound bad. It doesn't matter too much to me, I
    mean it's a craft beer event - food is not going to make or break it.

29. APreacher

APreacher Savant (295) California Jun 6, 2012

Hoarders gwan make it..Reserve gwan break it.o_O

30. BTPete

BTPete Savant (260) New York Jan 28, 2009

I'm flying out with a friend from upstate NY. Can't wait, first time in the area for beer stuff. Have a rental car but have to finalize my plans and accommodations. If anyone has any insight into anything good going on from Thursday through Monday let me know! Also cheap hotels near Phoenix Club seem pretty slim at this point so I'm going to have to do more research. Also, do people usually run out of tickets at these events? I could see that being a little frustrating.

31. If you have a rental car it shouldn't be a big deal finding a cheap motel - there's a decent Motel 6 at the 91 freeway and State College - about 2-3 miles away from the Phoenix Club that runs about $50-$60. Also a best western next to the Bruery (also a couple of miles) that goes about $100.

For fun stuff try the OC Weekly listings @ ocweekly.com

32. jaylib

jaylib Aficionado (210) California Sep 11, 2010

can't wait

33. nanobrew

nanobrew Initiate (0) California Dec 31, 2008

So I have had some bumps in my plans. I am looking for a ride from SD (I live in OB). I can get a ride there, but getting back is the problem. If anyone has space in there car let me know. I will pitch in on gas and bring a couple of bottles.

JustXBeer likes this.
  34. crusian

We may be heading to SD after...
    depends on how later today goes...

35. i am looking to carpool from the northridge area but can meet somewhere along the way
    we are 2 people and has gas money and couple bottles

36. Does anyone have an extra ticket? I have a friend coming in from out of town who would also like to go. Please BM me if so! We can work something out.

37. Pecan

Pecan Savant (445) Arizona Dec 20, 2012

Checking with the GF to see if she minds an extra passenger going with us. If she's ok with it, I hope you like dogs ;)

38. blguillen

blguillen Savant (300) California Apr 19, 2011

I'm going to be going to the party now with my bro Usofar. I'll be the big Mexican dude with a Rrrraiders jersey on. :p

39. Looks like Bootlegger's last day of operations in their old tasting room is Saturday as well from noon to close. Definitely worth checking out, esp for the closing festivities. If you can't find a hotel near the Phoenix Club, look in Fullerton near Bootlegger's.

40. Pecan

Pecan Savant (445) Arizona Dec 20, 2012

So where are we at on these bottle shares? Anyone want to aware me? ;)