Dismiss Notice
Sneak peek! BeerAdvocate magazine #104 (September 2015) featuring Leah & Oscar from Highland Brewing in Asheville, North Carolina. Learn more ...

Bruery Perservation Society

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by nicks6217, Aug 28, 2012.

1. stupac2

stupac2 Initiate (0) California Feb 22, 2011

Wouldn't buying allocations be significantly cheaper? Or do you mean that you'd do PS in addition to allocations?

I'd want to see allocation numbers before deciding that PS is a good idea, but I don't think that'll happen. Probably not worth it anyway since I don't want extra Otiose (etc).

2. Imperial Loakal Red? Do want.

KevSal likes this.
  3. whiskey

whiskey Advocate (515) California Feb 25, 2012 Verified

Someone fill me in here, does the Reserve Society sell out incredibly fast? Would you expect the Preservation to sell out within minutes? Hours? Days?

Just curious as to how prior years have gone with Reserve.

Also, does that $54 buy you those 3 beers? Or just the guarantee to be able to buy those 3 beers?

4. usofar

usofar Initiate (0) California Dec 23, 2010

Assuming RS 15% discount fron 2012 pricing that's not the case.

Sans $17 w/ RS discount
    Loakal Red $7 w RS discount
    Chocolate Rain $34 with RS discount

$58 RS price > $54 PS price

blguillen likes this.
  5. I should have worded that better, my apologies. I'm thinking of doing a quarter or two of PS in addition to or instead of some allocations. Allocations would probably end up being slightly cheaper if you only wanted one or two bottles from each quarter of PS, but some of the quarters are really tempting to buy into to pay a few bucks more for a bottle of something that doesn't appear available through RS yet. Correct me if I'm wrong of course, but the Imperial Loakal Red and Weizenbauch haven't popped up in any RS stuff. I personally think Q1 and Q3 do look better to buy into instead of buying Chocolate Rain, Sans Pagaie, Cherry Oude Tart, and White Chocolate using allocations/discount.

Usofar summed it up much better than me haha.

@Whiskey: Buys you those three beers and from what I've seen gives 10% off Bruery bottles/merchandise and gives allocations you can then buy.

whiskey likes this.
  6. vacax

vacax Advocate (650) California Jun 3, 2008

I think a lot of you guys are confusing yourselves by thinking the list of Reserve Society Exclusives is going to be analogous to the Preservation Society.

7. whiskey

Yeah, just because the asterisked beers are reserved for the three tiers doesn't mean all three tiers have access to all the asterisked beers.

sirtomtom likes this.
  8. Well we do only have on more day, hopefully, to work ourselves into a fervor before we actually get the real info... =P

whiskey likes this.
  9. whiskey

:midnight west coast time: F5 F5 F5 F5 F5.....

10. usofar

I was just going off if the flyer posted earlier which I questioned the validity of. Black Tuesday and White Chocolate I can see being Preservation Society. It also lists Chocolate Rain, SIR w/ kumquats and Oude Tart w/ cherries as included beers. I guess we'lll all find out in a few hours.

11. PMR

PMR Savant (295) California Mar 31, 2005

Hey Guys,

The flyer we sent out is not accurate-- we had a bit of miscommunication between departments and I apologize for that. Preservation Society will be wonderful, and it'll focus on beers that are not typically available through our distribution (there's a few exceptions to that, such as Oude Tart and Rueuze). RS / HS exclusive beers will not be sold through the Preservation Society.

Cheers,
    Patrick
    The Bruery

12. sirtomtom

sirtomtom Savant (260) California Dec 10, 2010

Thanks for the correction.

13. usofar

Always appreciate your upfront and honest approach and the direct communication Patrick. It's your business to run and the changes are yours to make. I can only speak for myself but I'm really excited to see what this year brings for you and the Bruery (particularly the blueberry sour). Cheers and thanks for making great beer!

14. Earlycsquid

Earlycsquid Savant (410) California Jan 7, 2013 Verified

So... does that mean no chocolate rain or black tuesday? :confused:

15. sirtomtom

16. sirtomtom

Beautiful new website. Just completed the signup for the Preservation Society. Throws a pop-up box saying you've been upgraded to level 1 and the preservation society logo appears next to your login name in the upper right corner.

17. SageO

SageO Savant (455) California Jul 13, 2010 Verified

I’m a bit confused… if you click on PS, there’s a Brewer’s Picks section, which shows Melange 3, 5 Golden Rings, and Autumn Maple. Are those the beers for the first season of PS?

18. sirtomtom

Nope, it's simply a list of beers they are recommending to also look at. Add-ons basically.

19. SageO

20. Earlycsquid

So we're in the dark on what the package of the three beers is then, right?

21. That's what it sounds like now. Least we have the official word that the flyer was inaccurate. Sorry all, didn't mean to add on to any confusion.

22. sirtomtom

Seems so, after completing checkout, you just get a confirmation email that you paid for your order, nothing else. I guess we'll find out when they announce first pickup.

23. SageO

No problem thedirtyname, you provided information that seemed accurate. I was excited about PS earlier today, but I’m going to wait until I get some reasonable amount of information about what I’m potentially buying into… PMR, is this information hidden on purpose?

24. 3rdto1st

3rdto1st Savant (270) California Dec 1, 2011

People signing up for this may want to read the fine print

The Bruery's Preservation Society is a quarterly beer club for those who love our beer. Each quarter, members will receive a package of three different, exclusive and limited release beers. One strong barrel aged beer aged in bourbon or other spirit barrels. One sour ale aged in wine barrels. And one other limited release beer, likely from our Preservation Series of experimental beers. These beers will be hand selected by The Bruery and sold at a 10% discount from the standard retail value.
    The Preservation Society is the perfect answer for any level of craft beer lover. Commitment free and curated by our own staff, just sign up, sit back and enjoy the limited release beers that come your way without any worry about us selling out before you can make it down to our Tasting Room. You can cancel at any time, but we doubt that you’ll want to!
    * until cancelled

Note that it looks like you are signing up for auto-renew.

25. APreacher

APreacher Savant (330) California Jun 6, 2012 Verified

As a RS member, sight seems to be having a problem with login. I was unable to get in so requested new password which after typing in appropriate box, then asks me to type old password to set new one. If I had old one, I wouldn't be here.

26. Waldomega

Waldomega Aficionado (105) Nevada Jan 15, 2013

never have dealt with the bruery before. always was interested in trying melange 3, and i get a bottle with the RS. does it sell quickly, or if i want another one will it be around in a month when i get swing thru so cal

27. Earlycsquid

Reserve Society for the year closed up on New Years eve of 2012. This is for preservation society. A sort of Columbia House of Bruery beer. Only now it seems we don't even get to see the featured selection. ;)

When you roll through So Cal, just hit up the tasting room, I've always seen Melange 3 offered there when I go for a pint or two.

28. drgonzo2k2

drgonzo2k2 Savant (490) California Aug 24, 2012

Hey Patrick,

Thanks for jumping in here. I'm a bit confused though, as there seems to be a bit of conflicting info, or at least different levels of info, in this forum, on the Bruery website, and on the new store site.

Since we'll be purchasing from the store site, would it be possible to update the description there to list specifically what benefits you get in addition to the 3 bottles each quarter? Will you have access to additional allocations, and if so can you tell us which ones, or do you just get an additional 10% off the stuff that is available to the general public?

Thanks again!

29. PMR

PMR Savant (295) California Mar 31, 2005

Hi All,

The Preservation Society includes a quarterly shipment of 3 beers at a 10% discount. We do have an internal list of the beers involved, but these are subject to change so I don't think we're quite ready to announce what beers will be available. Here's a sneak peak at what I'm certain will be included:

-- Imperial Loakal Red
    -- Sans Pagaie
    -- Black Tuesday
    -- Bois (5th Anniversary)

This membership is a sampling of our beers that either have limited distribution or no distribution, but given the price point and the exclusivity we'd like to preserve for Reserve / Hoarders Members, do not include our very small production beers.

Our new eCommerce site allows anyone (i.e. you don't have to be a member) to purchase beer directly from us. The beers we're offering to the Preservation Society will be available to the general public to purchase, but some will go quickly (such as Black Tuesday), and being a member gives a discount and ensures access. Preservation Society members don't get a discount beyond the 10% off of the quarterly shipment, where Reserve / Hoarders Members get their discount on just about everything we sell.

Hope this helps clear up the confusion.

Cheers,
    Patrick
    The Bruery

sirtomtom, nanobrew and Bay01 like this.
  30. stupac2

stupac2 Initiate (0) California Feb 22, 2011

Last year M3 was available for several months at Provisions, I assume the same will be the case this year (except not at provisions, since RIP). I've also heard it's being distributed but don't know when.

31. mhksuccess

mhksuccess Advocate (645) California Jul 7, 2012 Verified Subscriber

what is the new ecommerce site web address?

32. nanobrew

nanobrew Advocate (645) California Dec 31, 2008

33. djaeon

djaeon Champion (755) California Oct 2, 2006

It doesn't look like the Reserve Society site is up yet. Before, there were separate log-ins for the regular Bruery store and the RS store. I had a log-in for the RS store, but not for the regular store. I'm sure they'll send an email out when everything is up and running.

34. enjoying the new site. Muchhhh needed upgrade, and so far so good.

35. mhksuccess

i was just on there on dont see anything for reserve society member to purchase any allocations?

36. mhksuccess

ok this is frustrating that they are so unorganized

37. JustXBeer

JustXBeer Savant (325) California Nov 29, 2012 Verified

It's there...From the homepage, bottom right

Click on Current Allocations....You get Initial Packackage Shipping and Sour in the Rye

38. JustXBeer

JustXBeer Savant (325) California Nov 29, 2012 Verified

Sour in the Rye | $16.99$19.99

39. ehammond1

ehammond1 Champion (790) Jul 4, 2008

Nevermind. Oops. :oops:

mcbeerbrew likes this.
  40. Trio2shine

Trio2shine Savant (350) California Nov 15, 2011 Verified Subscriber

The time clock that starts when you add bottles to your cart is hilarious.