1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Bruery Perservation Society

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by nicks6217, Aug 28, 2012.

1. nanobrew

nanobrew Member

hmmm... I must be blind because I have no idea what you are talking about. Did you get the e-mail from them with a temporary password?

I am just going to wait until I get an update e-mail from them
  2. mhksuccess

mhksuccess Member

it is not on there or i just cant figure out how to access LOL
  3. sandiego67

sandiego67 Member

Good to go. Fast, easy, painless
  4. afrokaze

afrokaze Member

Now officially a PS member!! Cheers to Pat and the crew for finally getting a working site together too, signup was a breeze. Now the countdown to Black Tuesday begins...
  5. mhksuccess

mhksuccess Member

hey are you suppose to login as a new member ??? then you will see the reserve allocations????
  6. JustXBeer

JustXBeer Member

Went to https://www.thebruerystore.com/ Tried logging in with old login, no go...request new password. Email sent with temp password...logged in with temp password and was prompted to change. Pretty simple
    rrryanc and Trio2shine like this.
  7. Johnnyramirez

Johnnyramirez Member

So is there some beers that are not available to the public? Or are they all available, albeit some being extremely difficult to buy?
  8. JustXBeer

JustXBeer Member

Did you ever have a https://www.thebruerystore.com/ account?
  9. mhksuccess

mhksuccess Member

yes i figure it out finally
    thanks that was not easy lol
  10. djaeon

djaeon Member

Worked for me. One "Sour in the Rye" ordered;)
  11. Johnnyramirez

Johnnyramirez Member

The online store is great btw. Thank God I didn't buy Rueuze here at my local shop for $30! I can just purchase it online for nearly half the price. I do wanna see what else is being released for the PS but I'm still leaning to getting it only because my local shop price gouges to hell. And Black Tuesday, Sans Pagaie and hopefully something along the lines of the blueberry sour or Cherry Oude Tart. But nonetheless, the store is great for us not within a stones throw of Orange County
  12. clubarsky91

clubarsky91 Member

First time RS member here. I was pleasantly surprised at how cheap the shipping was :)
    djaeon likes this.
  13. nanobrew

nanobrew Member

okay, I figured I needed to log-in. My old info isn't working. I will just wait for the e-mail to be sent out like they said they would. I just want to make sure I have an account up and running before the initiation tickets go on sale
  14. tyrsis

tyrsis Member

I still don't get what the quarterly allocation is...
  15. drgarage

drgarage Member

Hasn't been announced. It's a (partially) blind purchase.
  16. grilledsquid

grilledsquid Member

I get the sense that specific bottle information regarding quarterly allocations is going to be kept a surprise.
  17. tyrsis

tyrsis Member

I was trying to find a nice way to say this, but that is fucking retarded.
  18. grilledsquid

grilledsquid Member

I agree and it's the reason why I haven't pulled the trigger just yet.
  19. djaeon

djaeon Member

That's how wine clubs operate as well (at least the one's I've been in). For example, Orfila Vineyards' OWL club includes 3 bottles a quarter, and you don't know what you're going to get until it's available. But the price also varies depending on the bottles each quarter.
    sirtomtom likes this.
  20. sandiego67

sandiego67 Member

I would think that that they would have a good initial quarterly allocation in order to drum up future business for future allocations.
  21. blguillen

blguillen Member

I didn't get to join Reserve Society and enjoy Bruery beers often, so I think I'll bite and do this. :)
  22. nanobrew

nanobrew Member

now knowing the past info was false and not knowing future releases ahead of time, I have no interest in joining.

However, this is the same as most beer clubs. You have no idea what each monthly/quarterly shipment will include. The only difference is this beer is all from one brewery rather than a few different ones.
  23. stupac2

stupac2 Member

To be fair, you have some idea what each month will include. It'll be a barrel-aged strong beer, a wine-barrel-aged sour beer, and a Provisions-series beer (are they renaming those?). You don't know the specific beers, but since the stuff the Bruery makes in each of those categories are broadly similar, you at least know what you're getting into.
    nanobrew likes this.
  24. domtronzero

domtronzero Member

It would be nice to see when the allocations end for the society members. The SitR page just has a couple details about the beer and what the maximum number of bottles available for each tier will be, but it doesn't show the date of when it'll no longer be available...
  25. Johnnyramirez

Johnnyramirez Member

We all know Sans Pagaie is the first sour. Now the question is what other 2 are available this first quarter

Imperial Loakal Red would make some sense except is it considered a strong ale? And more importantly that would leave a huge bottle left as the 3rd allocation to justify the price. So I don't think it'll be Imperial Loakal Red just due to price.
  26. tyrsis

tyrsis Member

With how much they've expanded distribution this last year, I'm not going to bother.
  27. Xul

Xul Member

Looks like it's going to be the "Preservation Series" based on the new store.
    blguillen likes this.
  28. stupac2

stupac2 Member

You know, I knew that. Those words are just too similar for me to remember it.
  29. Johnnyramirez

Johnnyramirez Member

ISO: Someone who will let me still buy in to their RS membership instead of having to get PS and not having access to certain beers.
    FT: half the RS price and my eternal gratefulness

This isn't a joke post either. I'm dead serious
  30. drgonzo2k2

drgonzo2k2 Member

Hey Patrick,

I really appreciate you responding directly here. I'm still a little confused though. Does this statement mean that when limited edition beers like Black Tuesday go on sale, that PS members will have access to allocations ahead of the general public, and/or, can PS members purchase more than the general public of those beers? Thanks again!
  31. Cbing6

Cbing6 Member

I am a new Reserve Society member for 2013 and have a couple of questions:

1. Is the Melange #3 for in intial pickup the 2012 batch that was offered to the 2012 RS in Nov/Dec?

2. Will there be the option to order more White Chocolate? When would they release the allocation information for that?

I know this thread is more preservation focused, but I thought I'd ask here rather than start a new thread.
  32. Johnnyramirez

Johnnyramirez Member

If last year is an indicator, you should get a fair amount of White Chocolate available to purchase. I think I read on the forums you can buy like 10? Or was it a whole case? Idk. But it was a fair amount
  33. brewerben

brewerben Member

Hi all,

Benjamin from The Bruery here -

The Preservation Society works similarly to a wine club. Each quarter you receive the three beers that are included in that quarter's allocation package. The price will always be $54 as we will include at least $60 in beer value if not more (10% discount puts this at $54). Preservation members do not have access to purchase further allocations. i.e. if you want more than the one bottle of Black Tuesday (or any beer for that matter) that is included in the membership, you will have to try your luck in the public sale online. You will, however, have first priority in joining the Reserve Society next year, before the public.

The PS is a great way to get your hands on a single bottle of a number of our limited release beers without even having to think about it, especially if you choose to have the beer shipped. The Reserve Society is the answer for those looking to obtain a large collection of bottles, but unfortunately that is sold out until 2014. You can always purchase multiple PS memberships if you wanted.

I hope this makes some sense and that both the Preservation Society and our newly launched ecommerce site go well for you.

Cheers!
    Benjamin
    ehammond1, badb_rad, nanobrew and 3 others like this.
  34. 3rdto1st

3rdto1st Member

I got a case, YUM :D but that was because people were iffy about it and didn't buy their full allocations, 6 was the allocation, we got 1 with membership, and then I got 5 more in the free-for all. They are making it again and it should be available for allocations around the same time as last year I would think.
  35. DefJukie1

DefJukie1 Member

Quick question about the reserve society for past members.

How exactly do the allocations work? Like for the 12 bottle limit of sour in the rye available to members, can I purchase some online right now and the rest of the allocation later or does it all have to be ordered at once? Also, if I go to the tasting room can I buy my 12 bottles there instead of online/ or even more at 15% off/ is it counted towards my allocated bottles?
  36. Xul

Xul Member

Two quick thoughts after logging into the new store:
    1) It's awesome that we can order any beer they have on the shelf for pickup, purely from a convenience standpoint.
    2) The fact that the RS limit for Sour in the Rye is a full case is a really good sign about production increases. Obviously not every beer will have 4x the allocation that it had last year, but they're really hitting their goal of producing more of their limited/sought after beers.
    drewone likes this.
  37. KevSal

KevSal Member

i thought $12 was killer to ship my initial package my way, than they charged me and additional 6.89 for ground and taxed me 1.92.

so do we have to pay $12 to just pick up our beers? didnt the initial $300 cover all that already?

so its going to cost me $12 everytime my trustee picks up my brews?
  38. nanobrew

nanobrew Member

no fee for pickup. I am guessing the $12 is for the shipper and packing (employee time and other material). The shipping cost ($6.92) is probably the shipping companies fees which is dependent on where you live. Though that does seem low, especially since they say it is overnight (or is Golden State Overnight just the shipping co's name?)
  39. walterfredo

walterfredo Member

How long do we (RS) have to make purchases of the initial allocation of sour in the rye?
  40. djaeon

djaeon Member

Did your card actually get charged that amount? I would think that sounds like a mistake in their new website. And I know there are all kinds of new crazy CA taxes this year, but I haven't heard of shipping charges ever getting taxed before.