1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Bruery Perservation Society

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by nicks6217, Aug 28, 2012.

1. usofar

usofar Initiate (0) California Dec 23, 2010

So I just got a temporary password emailed to me, only problem it wasn't my name on the account. I logged in using my email address and the password they sent me and it has the wrong name on the account. The address, phone number and everything is mine, but the name is wrong.
  2. nanobrew

nanobrew Initiate (0) California Dec 31, 2008

I didn't pay for it, I am just speculating on the reason for the charges. The tax might be for the shipper not the shipping... of course you know what they say about assuming.
  3. it isn't a tax... it is a handling fee... shipping & Handling. They gotta pay for the packing materials and employee time.
  4. 3rdto1st

3rdto1st Savant (260) California Dec 1, 2011

It won't allow me to put 12 Sour in the Rye in my cart :( Says "Out of allowed quantity for purchase"

Edit: it will let me do 11, but not 12, hmmm
  5. Franch

Franch Advocate (540) New York Mar 22, 2011

it let me do 12 SITR - 203.90 + 11.49 shipping + 32.62 Tax = 248.01

edit: any thoughts as to whether SITR will sell out quickly? i'd ideally like to try it at EBF on 2/9 before deciding how many to buy...
  6. 3rdto1st

As an RS member, you are guaranteed to be able to buy 12 for the offering period. However, nobody from The Bruery has yet stated how long this offering period is.
  7. djaeon

djaeon Advocate (725) California Oct 2, 2006

I replied to the wrong post, but Kevsal said, and I looked at the Bruery website to confirm, that you can buy shipping for $12. The the shopping cart adds an additional $6.28 for more shipping and $1.92 for tax. The $1.92 is what I was talking about when I mentioned tax.

I'm thinking the store program automatically adds shipping and tax to any item, and they're selling the "shipping" as an item by itself in the store.

The way I read it, according to Bruery's webstore, the shipping charge should only be $12. I would think everything over $12 is a mistake, but that's for them to clarify or fix.
  8. You replied to the wrong post and I read the post wrong... personally, i think we can blame meo_O. But ya, taxes are for goods, not services i believe... so that sounds more like a glitch to me.
  9. djaeon

djaeon Advocate (725) California Oct 2, 2006

I emailed them a screenshot so they are at least aware (if they're not already), and hopefully fix the glitch, if it is one.
  10. Retsinis

Retsinis Advocate (545) California Sep 25, 2009

Anyone else noticing that "tax" is calcuating at a 16% rate!? o_O
  11. JustXBeer

JustXBeer Savant (265) California Nov 29, 2012

yup!
  12. Retsinis

Ok, so not just me. I tossed them a note via the site on that. Seems it's basically doubling the 8% rate.
  13. 3rdto1st

1.36 on 16.99 = 8% (1 bottle SITR)
    14.95 on 186.9 = 8% (11 bottles SITR)

Seems fine to me
  14. How it worked last year was they sent you an email telling you what the allocations were for the month and the limits. The window of time you had was roughly between a few weeks to the end of the month. After which point whatever wasn't purchased was either offered a second time without limits till it sold (for RS exclusives) or went to the provisions store to sell on the floor.

With provisions gone, I'm sure it'll just mean those excess get dumped into the tasting room as sell-thru bottles. You can order as much as your allocation allows in the given window. After that, if it's at the tasting room for sale, you 15% discount will be applied to the purchase and I doubt they have any limit on it there. Purchasing bottles at the tasting room never counted towards your allotment.
  15. Retsinis

Then it's been corrected. See "Franch's" post above, he state's The tax on his order, was $32.62 Tax, on a $203.90 order. Check the math. He should have paid a tax of $16.31 if it were 8%.
  16. JustXBeer

looks like its been fixed.
    Retsinis likes this.
  17. Retsinis

Yeah, seems fine now, placed an order. Cheers
    JustXBeer likes this.
  18. JustXBeer

Shipping rates are pretty good to...
  19. Franch

so has the $12 shipping package issue. it's now Shipping N/A, Tax $0.96.
  20. Lane1

Lane1 Aficionado (195) California Jan 10, 2011

24 Sour In The Rye is a lot.....this is going to be an awesomely expensive year. Thank god I split my Hoarders with 3 other people. Everything has worked smooth on the site so far
  21. RedBeeron

RedBeeron Savant (250) California Jul 7, 2012

That's the exact reason I wasn't shocked by the announcement that provisions was closing (RIP)
  22. iso: someone who wants some bruery beers
    blguillen and KevSal like this.
  23. abecall98

abecall98 Advocate (540) California Aug 11, 2007

Looks like a case of Sour in the Rye is heading to Sac sometime this weekend or Monday, sweet! Very nice shipping chargers, knowing they use their own packing materials too. $15.
    bird22 and KevSal like this.
  24. Franch

when someone gets their shipped beer, could you please post here what kind of materials were used?
    blguillen likes this.
  25. bird22

bird22 Savant (405) California Jan 2, 2011

Yeah, $12 for a case to Santa Cruz. Can't beat that!
  26. 3rdto1st

Lets talk
  27. grrrah

grrrah Savant (320) California Sep 21, 2009

That's a slight bummer. As varying fine prints on the website implied chances to purchase more seemed like a benefit and pushed me over the edge to join. Obviously not expecting the same as RS, but maybe something like early priority window to purchase public sale limits or 1 bottle of the exclusives.
    Oh well, I'm in anyways.
  28. robL

robL Aficionado (240) California Oct 22, 2010

I completely agree. Nowhere did they say that we would have this option, but I suppose nowhere did they say that we WOULDN'T have this option. When both other tiers offer the chance for additional allocation purchases, I (naively?) assumed we would as well.

I hope perhaps we atleast get a heads on when public sales go live. Kinda bummed about that after purchasing a PS membership.
  29. domtronzero

domtronzero Initiate (0) California Aug 18, 2007

I believe that the "some releases" probably refers to the regular lineup beers that you can already buy right now via their website.
  30. robL

robL Aficionado (240) California Oct 22, 2010

I understand that. However the following bolded line:

however, the 10% discount applies only on the quarterly shipments and does not include additional beer purchased

led me to believe that we could buy additional allotments of the beers included in our subscription. Now it sounds like that isn't the case and that the 10% discount is built into the quarterly fee and NOT applicable towards anything else. I'm grateful this is only a quarterly membership because it will allow me to see how this system/membership works and if it's really worth it.
  31. domtronzero

domtronzero Initiate (0) California Aug 18, 2007

I guess we'll have to see exactly how it unfolds, but my interpretation of the bolded line you suggested is that you can purchase any of the other "shelf beers" that are available on the website, but your discount won't apply.
  32. rrryanc

rrryanc Savant (400) California May 19, 2006

All of the non-allocation beers disappeared for me. Wonder if it was a mistake that they were listed in the first place? Anyone order any of them and have the order go through?
  33. bird22

bird22 Savant (405) California Jan 2, 2011

Not there for me anymore either. I did order a few Melange #3 last night in my order though.
  34. salzar

salzar Initiate (0) California Dec 27, 2008

35. grrrah

What lead me to believe (and its still there), if you go to Rerserve Society page (I reviewed the differences in tiers before joining), and the list of 2013 RS beers has their exclusives (CR*, Mystery* etc) with:
    * = Exclusive (Hoarders, Reserve and Preservation Society Members Only)
    Maybe we will still get one, but maybe not. Still worth joining, but not as much and I agree about it being good that only quarterly. For $80 more, It will either be Reserve Society next year or cancel, which I guess is the biggest plus (priority) about joining now.
  36. rrryanc

Thanks for that. Where'd you find it? Not in any of my emails, or on the store website. Facebook or someplace?
  37. grrrah

38. rrryanc

Sorry, my quote didn't work (something about quoting someone whose entire post is a quote apparently doesn't work), but I was curious about where salzar got his quote from.
  39. ngeunit1

ngeunit1 Savant (385) California Jul 10, 2009

A bit off topic, but I was wondering if I could find a trustee to pick up the last of my allocations from 2012, since I do not think I will be able to make it down there. I should not be a big box (i think less than 12 bottles, maybe even less than 6). Send me a BM if you think you might be able to help out, I am flexible in working out some kind of agreement.
  40. If you called them my guess is they would be willing to ship them to you.