1. One Hundred Mags (Rule). Check out the sneak peek of BeerAdvocate magazine #100, plus some of the changes coming your way.

Bruery Perservation Society

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by nicks6217, Aug 28, 2012.

1. salzar

salzar Initiate (0) California Dec 27, 2008

The quote came from the email sent out by the Bruery on the 24th.

2. rrryanc

rrryanc Savant (425) California May 19, 2006

Strange, I didn't get an email from them on the 24th.

3. jpaulsen

jpaulsen Savant (260) California Dec 6, 2010

I'm now a PS member...let's see how this goes!

4. luwak

luwak Savant (345) Arizona Mar 2, 2010

Yes i noticed this too. I went to buy some Sour in the Rye today and i wanted to add some Melange # 3 and Ichigo Highway and now i can see them...did they Bruery clarify this for you?

EDIT: i now see salzar's post regarding this issue...but i never got this email from the Bruery either ...oh well hopefully there are still some of those non reserved beers left, i want to buy them before i fly out, rather than just take my chances with what is laying around at the tasting room

5. blguillen

blguillen Savant (300) California Apr 19, 2011

just joined! :cool:

6. So when you join PS do you get 3 of the beers, or are you just buying the option to buy the beers at a discounted rate?

This is straight from the website:
    The Bruery's Preservation Society is a quarterly beer club for those who love our beer. Each quarter, members will receive a package of three different, exclusive and limited release beers. One strong barrel aged beer aged in bourbon or other spirit barrels. One sour ale aged in wine barrels. And one other limited release beer, likely from our Preservation Series of experimental beers. These beers will be hand selected by The Bruery and sold at a 10% discount from the standard retail value.

I confused.

7. evilc

evilc Initiate (0) California Jan 27, 2012

It's worded badly.

RS gets the beers. PS pays for the beers.

8. Thats what I figured. If you live close to the Bruery then PS is almost pointless unless you want to pay close to $80 for a WC or BT

9. You figure for a former bar-passing lawyer, Rue could come up with a better worded lay out to the club.

As it stands, we don't know exactly what is going in to the preservation society.

10. PG2G

PG2G Advocate (580) California Dec 26, 2011

You guys are confusing me...

You pay $54 and get 3 beers, that price happens to be 10% less than those 3 beers would be at retail.

HopsintheSack, jp7161 and JustXBeer like this.
  11. You pay $54 dollars per qtr and that gets you 3 beers worth at least $60 retail. $6 is your 10% discount. You can quit anytime.

sirtomtom and blguillen like this.
  12. Crookdrain

Crookdrain Savant (465) New York Jan 13, 2010

I'm looking for a PS Trustee. Will make it worth your while (in beer). Message me if interested. I'm in NYC.

13. blguillen

From the Provisions Facebook page:

The Bruery Provisions may be shuttered, but our beer lives on!

Send yourself a lovely Valentine's Day gift of beer by joining our newly launched Preservation Society.

Members will be shipped (or you can pick up) 3 bottles of limited release beer at the beginning of each quarter that have been hand selected by our staff. Each selection will most likely include a bottle of barrel aged strong ale, barrel aged sour ale and another limited release from our Preservation Series line of experimental brews.
    Payment is $54 each quarter, which represents a 10% discount off of a $60+ beer value. Shipping is available within California for an extra fee or you can pick it up each quarter from The Bruery Tasting Room.

This first quarter includes: White Chocolate, Sans Pagaie and Imperial Loakal Red!

14. sirtomtom

sirtomtom Savant (260) California Dec 10, 2010

Mmmm....delicious. Wish they had sent out an email to all those who paid already what they are getting, instead of promotional facebook post that someone had to post up on BA. So long as I get tasty beer in the end, it really doesn't matter I guess.

blguillen likes this.
  15. drgonzo2k2

drgonzo2k2 Savant (480) California Aug 24, 2012

I think it's actually said on their membership for a while now which beers were in the first quarter batch:

https://www.thebruerystore.com/t-membership.aspx

16. blguillen

I'm glad I saw it on Facebook. I logged in and didn't see anything on Monday. At least we know what we'll get come April 1st! :cool:

17. afrokaze

afrokaze Advocate (630) California Jun 12, 2009

Anyone else not gotten any emails yet? When do first shipments go out?

18. robL

robL Savant (260) California Oct 22, 2010

I emailed asking about this as I will be in the Bruery area Sunday and wanted to know if my allocations were available.

The response I got was this:
    Unfortunately, the allocations won't be available for pickup/shipment until the end of the quarter. The way the membership works is like this: you have until the last day of the quarter to buy in, and we will ship the first week of the next quarter. In this case, the 3 bottle shipment will be going out around April 1st.

While it sucks that I can't get them this weekend, I have no problem waiting and actually like the idea that they keep membership open until the last day of the quarter to buy in.

I know there have been issues with Bruery CS recently, but everything I've had experience with has been top notch and that goes a looooong way in my support of them.

19. sirtomtom

That wasn't up when I signed up back in January. I don't think they put it up till a few days ago. I'm just grumpy that I should have to check back on a product page to see updates on something they should email out.

blguillen likes this.
  20. sirtomtom

Just got this email from the Bruery:

Rainier and ILikeGoodCider like this.
  21. Nice! I'm really looking forward to these.

22. Rainier

Rainier Savant (280) California Dec 20, 2012

Planning on joining the PS. Hopefully it's not too late!

23. stupac2

stupac2 Initiate (0) California Feb 22, 2011

I believe you can join up until the last day of the quarter.

24. mattolesh

mattolesh Savant (290) California Sep 30, 2007

That is correct!

25. PKPUNCH

PKPUNCH Disciple (55) California Jan 24, 2013

payday is weds.... counting the days till I join! =)

26. MykelJH

MykelJH Savant (300) California Aug 3, 2011

Joined. this thread made me do it :)

27. I've been wanting to try White Chocolate and Imperial Lokal Red. I'll buy a membership next week. :)

PKPUNCH likes this.
  28. sirtomtom

Just picked up my Preservation package:
    [​IMG]

The three beers, a small button with the Preservation Society logo, that nice box with a carry handle and a letter detailing the beers you received, suggested pairings, etc.

Grabbed a bottle of Mrs. Stoutfire while I was in as well.

Now what to drink first...

ORod likes this.
  29. ORod

ORod Zealot (80) California Jan 24, 2010

Guess I can now make my trip to the Tasting Room.

30. MykelJH

MykelJH Savant (300) California Aug 3, 2011

still no word on what next quarters are?

31. drgonzo2k2

But it clearly said in their last email, to wait for the official email stating allocations are ready before coming in to pick them up!

32. mattolesh

Hey guys,

We're going to be sending an email out shortly, but I figured I'd touch on a a few quick points:
    1) Packages are ready to pick up / started shipping yesterday! Each quarters' packages will be sent/ready on the first day of the following quarter.
    2) The recurring payments went through yesterday. Members' cards will be charged on the first day of the quarter, which holds their spot in the society. If payment is declined, the Members' spot will be held for the next 2 weeks while the card is run again every 7 days.
    3) I'm working on finding a solution to changing the shipping vs. pickup preference, and changing billing information.
    4) Quarter 2's shipment will include: Bois (100% bourbon barrel aged Anniversary), Saison Tonnellerie (a sour Barrel Fermented Saison) and a yet-to-be-named Barrel Aged Stout (I believe it's around 8-9% ABV)
    5) Q2 enrollment is open.

badb_rad, Rainier and sirtomtom like this.
  33. sirtomtom

"Yet to be Named" would be good name for a beer actually.

34. When is the best time to pick up, in your opinion?

35. mattolesh

Weekday mornings are pretty much guaranteed to be the slowest times... Conversely, friday afternoon through Sunday night is the busiest time for Society Pickups.

Personally, I'd say any evening after 5pm Monday through Thursday, that way you can have a beer while you're in ;).

36. sirtomtom

New preservation email just came in:

37. drgonzo2k2

Hey Matt,

I don't believe the "update account info" button is live on the account page. I just tried loading the page, and it doesn't show up. I also logged out and logged back in but still didn't work. Might want to have someone take a look.

38. drgarage

drgarage Initiate (0) California Aug 19, 2008

Excited to get my box, and Q2 looks even better than Q1! Q4 will clearly have Black Tuesday in it (the significant barrel-aged strong ale, as White Chocolate and Bois are to Q1 and Q2). Any thoughts on what we could expect in the way of a big beer might be in the third quarter?

Oh. It's probably Melange 3 (third quarter, made up of the base beers of the other three quarters...). Never mind.

39. SHODriver

SHODriver Advocate (515) Louisiana Aug 13, 2010

I guess I need to find a trustee so I can get my Q3 & Q4 shipments since I'll be out of the country from August till March of next year...

looks like I lost my avatar after the updates. Guess I get to show what 500 hp to the wheels in a FWD car looks like now:cool: I call her the new sweet hotness. no you can't drive it, yes it's mine

afrokaze and domtronzero like this.
  40. griffeyb

griffeyb Savant (385) Pennsylvania Oct 15, 2010

Questions:

1. How do I give my trustee's info to the Bruery to assign them for future pickups? Is it simply an email, or is there something further I should do?

2. Also wondering, as a PA resident - if I wanted to order a couple bottles available for sale online through their store, can I pay for them online and have my trustee pick them up along with my allocation?

Thanks for any help!