Bruery Provisions closing on January 13th

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by maltmaster420, Jan 7, 2013.

1. maltmaster420

maltmaster420 Savant (455) Oregon Aug 17, 2005

Letter from Patrick:

http://www.thebruery.com/farewellprovisions/

Also, something that may be of interest to Reserve/Hoarders Society members:

Q: What are you doing what all of that beer in your store?
    A: We will be holding a liquidation sale. Our Reserve and Hoarders Society members will be invited on Tuessday, 1/8, and Wednesday, 1/9, to have first dibs on all of our inventory for a 30% discount. On Thursday, 1/10, through Sunday, 1/13, the 30% discount will be extended to all of our customers. Beer and other products made by The Bruery will NOT be on sale. All product made by outside vendors will be on sale for a 30% discount. This includes beer, wine, cheese, charcuterie and all other food and merchandise not produced by The Bruery. Any leftover beer or merchandise from The Bruery will be moved to our Tasting Room

2. I saw this 1 minute after Patrick posted it on Facebook, and now I saw this 1 minute after you posted it. Strange haha.

3. Cards aren't out for this years RS members.... So how do they know who is who?

4. They usually have a clip board with a list of all of the RS members and they will check it against your ID.

5. Siggy125

Siggy125 Advocate (505) California Nov 10, 2006

this doesnt break my heart. Being in downtown Orange made it a total beeotch to visit when trying to find a place to park. Lugging cases of beer back to car was no fun. Glad bottle pickup is back at the tasting room. I can't help but think the high rent of downtown Orange played into this as well. Patrick is a smart guy though. They'll come out of this on both feet.

6. Still, I loved this place. Nice bottled selection, nice beers on tap with meat and cheese... Oh, and I biked there all the time :*(

7. I understand the need to focus on the production aspect over retail. I know a lot of loyal customers that are going to be bummed though.

8. I went by today and the whole store was shut down.

9. dcgunman

dcgunman Savant (360) California Jul 1, 2009

When ever I visited the Provisions it wasn't that busy inside. But I always would go during the weekdays. And around opening time. Didn't want to put up with parking and the weekend crowds. I hope Patrick will concentrate more on the production of his great beers and have some more available year round.

I wonder how Haven Gastropub (down the street) is doing these days? I haven't been there in over a year. Hope they're doing okay. Tough area for business these days.

10. sirtomtom

sirtomtom Savant (260) California Dec 10, 2010

I'm generally in Downtown Orange on Friday evenings and the place is pretty packed. So at least they are busy when they are supposed to be busy.

dcgunman likes this.