1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Bruery Shipping.

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by AdamSimpson, Jan 23, 2013.

1. blguillen

blguillen Savant (300) California Apr 19, 2011

Love that they're using those boxes. They had a limited amount at Provisions during the holidays available in these boxes. I wonder if these beers will be available in these boxes when people pick up their initial allocations in person.
    djaeon, 4kbrianb and jtmartino like this.
  2. jtmartino

jtmartino Savant (470) California Dec 11, 2010

I hope so - they're really nice and would be great for trades.

Also FWIW the box included my new membership ID card and a new bottle carrier bag.
  3. Picked up my initial 3 on Tuesday and didn't get them in that box. Came with that nifty carrying bag for them though.
  4. blguillen

blguillen Savant (300) California Apr 19, 2011

Would it be advised then to have people ship their beers then? I'm a trustee for my buddy and i plan on picking them up but it would be awesome if he got this box. If not, no worries, I can just send him the one I already have.
  5. I am very worried about Golden State Shipping after reading the yelp reviews, but I am hopeful it will work out well.
  6. jtmartino

Is the box worth $12 for your buddy?

When I went to pick up my stuff in South San Francisco the "office" I walked into was hilariously ghetto. The guys were super nice though and the packages seemed like they weren't abused. The biggest challenge is not being able to get the beer when I'm at work.
  7. What that thing on top? A bottle carrier? Can't tell from the pic...
  8. jtmartino

Yeah it's a bottle carrier and my membership ID.
  9. timfoolery

timfoolery Zealot (75) California Apr 16, 2012

So, is the $12 supposed to just cover the 3 initial beers, then you add shipping cost to cover the additional bottles you buy? I'm trying to figure out if I should just buy the initial shipping package (then buy more beers later) as they become available, or to wait for the site to be fixed and buy everything at once.
  10. rrryanc

rrryanc Savant (400) California May 19, 2006

I don't think it'll make much of a difference. That's what I emailed them on, but never got a response. I think the $12 is a completely different shipment no matter what though.
  11. timfoolery

timfoolery Zealot (75) California Apr 16, 2012

It would make sense that the $12 only applies to the box of three that comes with membership. That makes the most sense.
  12. jtmartino

That's how it turned out for me. $12 for the first three (extra money probably covers the bottle carrier cost) and then you pay extra for any other bottles you order.
  13. stupac2

stupac2 Initiate (0) California Feb 22, 2011

I got my shipment, and the GSO guy was remarkable helpful. He first tried to deliver ~45 minutes before I got home, but left his number. We played phone tag for a bit but he ended up coming just before I needed to leave to make a play. So that was pretty good service on their part.

Downside? Bruery didn't get my order correct...
  14. rrryanc

Ya, I got the SitR today that I ordered. But not the initial package, which was part of my order.
  15. Franch

Franch Advocate (540) New York Mar 22, 2011

my order was shipped to my name at my trustee's address, without her apartment number on line 2. faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaantastic.
  16. jtmartino

You guys should stop complaining about the Bruery or else the Bruery DS (Defender's Society) will kick your e-ass.

:p
  17. Franch

you keep yr argument about tasting tickets in that thread over there!
  18. jtmartino

Not just tickets, but also their website/shipping problems. And others. Hey, at least I contributed something worthwhile earlier in this thread. Those beautiful pics above are mine.
    Franch likes this.
  19. stupac2

Oh no, my shipping was a bit of a clusterfuck. I had 36 bottles, they shipped in 2 9-bottle and 3 6-bottle shippers. Surely someone at the Bruery can do 36/12=3, or at least 36/9=4 if they can only do up to 9. Then one of the 9-bottle shippers didn't have a top styrofoam part! How the everlasting FUCK does that happen? I mean, you can see into the goddamn box when you're taping it up!

Fortunately nothing was damaged, but STILL, makes me a bit dubious about using the shipping later. Oh wait, no, it's too convenient and cheap to not use. Next time I hope they put a top on all my boxes.

(To be fair, GSO was awesome, the guy left his number and made sure I got my box. But the Bruery had some issues on their end, the say the least.)
    jtmartino likes this.
  20. jtmartino

Stu that sucks, but that is really funny. I don't wanna do the broken record thing, but really Bruery?

They can satisfy their customers and reduce their overhead by being more efficient. Amazon.com needs to learn that shit too...
  21. rrryanc

Amazon actually goes the other way. It's way cheaper for them to not be efficient - which is why you tend to get ridiculously large boxes. By limiting the number of sizes of different boxes they have, they both make the boxing process cheaper (reduces employee "thinking" time) and increases the bulk factor which most likely makes each individual box way cheaper.
  22. jtmartino

I meant more along the lines of when I order three separate items at the same time and they come in three separate boxes - like huh? We use Amazon Prime a TON...
  23. Franch

this blows my mind. my Eclipse from 50/50 didn't have a top CARDBOARD part, meaning two bottles were rolling around the whole time. how they didn't break from truckee -> LA -> NYC is far beyond me. i picked up my box and heard a huge CLANK and was really sad for a minute.
  24. Franch

GSO is fucking awful. Unsure if my trustee will ever get my beer. Overnight my ass. Two rescheduled dates without notice even after scheduling a time window she left work early for.
  25. Gso was great for me.
  26. Franch

Bruery also gave gso the billing name instead of the shipping name and left off her apt number.
  27. stupac2

I might be wrong, but based on the fact that my guy was delivering out of a uhaul I think they might contract out delivery. So whether GSO is good or not could depend entirely on luck of the draw with your local contractor. They were abysmal for me when I lived in Union City, but the guy here in Oakland was awesome.
  28. abecall98

abecall98 Advocate (540) California Aug 11, 2007

The GSO guy in Sac is really nice. Haven't had a problem yet with 2 shipments already.
  29. Franch

holy fucking shit GSO (in LA) is worthless. please note that if your delivery is scheduled for a date, even one you called to schedule, if it doesn't update in the AM with "out for delivery", they'll just reschedule it without notice. so far i've scheduled two delivery dates that worked for my trustee, one of which she left work early to be able to sign for, and they were both rescheduled without notice, even after calling and having the dispatcher confirm the package would be delivered that evening.

the latest package clusterfuck was shipped last thursday, my trustee wasn't home on friday (they didn't call her despite having her phone number), i rescheduled delivery for saturday... GSO has showed delivery scheduled for saturday, today, and now wednesday.

i guess i know why it's so cheap.
  30. Ynot2

Ynot2 Savant (310) California Jul 24, 2009

Two shipments with absolutely zero issues. I missed both initial deliveries, first one rescheduled for a Monday and arrived as scheduled. Second one I forgot about and got the missed delivery email, called them and they said they could have driver come back by the house in the next hour, I opted to pick up at local warehouse about 5 minutes from my office instead. Picked it up this morning quick and easy. I give them two snaps and a thumbs up.
  31. Franch

32. rrryanc

I've gotten two shipments so far, and both times they went really smoothly - even though I was stupid enough to ship to my house instead of work. The first time, they rescheduled a Saturday morning delivery and it was delivered within a half hour or so of the beginning of the available time frame. The second time they re-routed it to my work (20 miles from home), and it was delivered quite quickly and painlessly to there the following day.
  33. mrkrispy

mrkrispy Savant (410) California Apr 5, 2006

Anyone know if they have started shipping the Griffon orders?
  34. mattolesh

mattolesh Savant (270) California Sep 30, 2007

Yep, those just started shipping towards the end of last week. I think we may have fallen a little behind on shipping in the last week (due to the initiation party prepping) but we're back on it this week, and we just hired an additional warehouse staff member to help with this process.
  35. Franch

my griffon order has shipped (2/21) -- whether GSO ever gets it to my trustee after a couple reschedules is another question
  36. mrkrispy

mrkrispy Savant (410) California Apr 5, 2006

cool thanks Matt and Franch.
  37. Ynot2

Ynot2 Savant (310) California Jul 24, 2009

My pickup this morning was 2 bottle of Griffon, would have been here Friday but I was not home.
  38. I cannot wait for SitR with Peaches to ship. Seriously...
  39. No1Smitty

No1Smitty Savant (385) California Nov 7, 2011

I am not a member of any of the societies. I did a regular order from the website and received the e-mail confirmation. Never got a tracking number or an expected time of delivery. It's been two weeks now with no communication. What is my next step?
  40. riko

riko Savant (280) California Jan 18, 2008

I have found that when it comes to shipping, you need to email and/or call 2-3 times before they send the package. There seem to be a lot of bugs in the system.