1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Brussels March 9-10

Discussion in 'Benelux' started by callmemickey, Feb 20, 2013.

1. I'll be in Brussels March 9-10. I am no rookie, so I don't need any recommendations, but its been a year so I am in need of some updates :)

Anyone know current prices of Helena and blauw at De Heeren for takeaway? Not sure what these have increased to recently and might be the determinative factor on whether I make the trek.

Armand have any Oude Geuze Vintage at the shop currently? Will be out there for lunch at the restaurant, not sure how much I should plan on hauling back.

Lastly, anyone up for a trade? Interested in American beers? I'd be glad to set something up in Brussels.

Cheers
    Ryan

Tnudish likes this.
  2. Hello Ryan,always up for a trade !

3. Coincidently I will also be in brussels those days. If anyone wants be to bring any Michigan beers to trade let me know.

4. At Heeren a couple weeks ago, didn't notice prices but seemed like a considerable choice of 3F vintages.

5. I'll likely be at moeder lambic fountains both nights.

6. Dennoman

Dennoman Savant (495) Belgium Aug 20, 2011

The 10th could work. Definitely interested in a trade :)

7. knucks999

knucks999 Aficionado (180) Colorado Sep 30, 2008

Are those beers available to go?

8. It seems they do sell to go. I just noticed they've revamped their website in the last few weeks (not kidding, I def'ly checked even more recently than last visit) and they list the Helena for 50 euros/75 cl bottle, and other stuff.

9. Correction: the prices are higher for takeaway. (Gulp.) And, it only lists their own products. Well, check out the site. I do recall seeing gift baskets and whatnot wrapped for sale in the restaurant, so if/when you get there, you might find out more. Let us know, please. (It can be tricky hereabouts, for what it's worth. I know of one bar that was legally obliged to set up a separate business to sell bottles to go. Others do, seemingly without a problem. It could be anything from local ordinances and zoning, to liquor licenses, to distribution agreements, who knows.)