1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Bud Light Cran-Brrr-Rita

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by MSardina1, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Spikester

Spikester Savant (450) Oregon Jul 14, 2007

Hilarious!

2. Claybo

Claybo Disciple (70) Illinois May 29, 2011

And yet no-one here has noticed the "Try Over Ice!" bit...

3. LeRose

LeRose Advocate (605) Massachusetts Nov 24, 2011

Of all the threads to get resurrected....

4. I've had the strawberry version. It was tolerable, and got me drunk fairly quick. I wouldn't buy it, but I'm fine drinking it if someone else wants to supply it.

Not a huge fan of cranberry though, so this one doesn't sound appealing.

5. new winter seasonal in the “Rita” lineup o_O

6. Why is this stuff even considered "beer" by you guys, or even AB? To me it's no different than that pre-mixed Cuervo margarita in a bottle.

The wife and I put some lime-a-rite in the ninja blender with ice and a little extra tequila. It's quite good, and not even in the same ballpark as beer. That Bud Light logo on the box just confuses people.

7. “That Bud Light logo on the box just confuses people”

The marketing people at AB put the Bud Light logo there for a reason. As long as it stays there many (most?) people will refer to this alcoholic beverage as being a beer.

I have one way to ‘prove’ that Bud Light Cran-Brrr-Rita is a beer. If it wasn’t a beer the BA moderators would not permit this thread to exist. It would have been deleted by now.

Cheers!

charlzm likes this.
  8. JohnnyHopps

JohnnyHopps Advocate (515) Indiana Jun 15, 2010

ISO. Ft fresh goats milk

TickleMeTony likes this.
  9. PaulyB83

PaulyB83 Advocate (525) Michigan Sep 1, 2013

Will this overtake Sam Adams Cranberry Lambic as my favorite beer? Stay tuned.

10. doowhat

doowhat Savant (435) Arkansas Feb 22, 2009

Yeah I only clicked it because I thought there would be some funny replies...I was right:p

11. jjboesen

jjboesen Advocate (550) Maryland Feb 1, 2002

The irony is Anheuser-Busch winning Gold in 2 Categories at the recent GABF.

12. Oh man this thing is gonna be such a huge cranbomb. How many ICBUs (International Cranberry Units) will this have?

charlzm and Spikester like this.
  13. Claybo

Claybo Disciple (70) Illinois May 29, 2011

Per the BeerWars documentary, it is more likely that AB put the Bud Light logo on the box just to broaden their retail visibility.

charlzm likes this.
  14. Damn that freshman 15 is going to be like 25 this year. Poor ladies...

TickleMeTony likes this.
  15. “ …it is more likely that AB put the Bud Light logo on the box just to broaden their retail visibility.” That is certainly a plausible explanation but I will frankly admit that I have great difficulty understanding what the specific objectives of the AB marketing people genuinely are. The ‘short answer’ should be that the AB marketing people want to grow the beer sales volume of AB. Based upon what I have seen them doing for the past 2-3 years what I mostly see from the AB marketing people is just a bunch of motion: they are doing ‘things’ to make it appear that they have a sound marketing strategy.

Cheers!

16. KentT

KentT Aficionado (215) Tennessee Oct 15, 2008

I basically call this line of beer hybrids, Puke-A-Ritas.

charlzm likes this.
  17. I propose the new Seasonal Lime-a-Rita shall be called Peppermint-a-Rita. Will taste just like fresh, creamy delicious Breyers Peppermint Ice Cream

...mixed with Aristocrat Tequila, Clam Juice and shards o' glass. Profit?

charlzm and Zorro like this.
  18. SenorHops

SenorHops Savant (385) Rhode Island Aug 10, 2010

Good to see Budweiser is keeping it real.

19. Is it even a beer hybrid? (I use the term beer loosely here since Bud Light is involved).

I assumed it was flavored malt liquor, similar to that Smirnoff Ice stuff. There is actually Bud Light in it?

20. ditka311

ditka311 Aficionado (190) Illinois Aug 22, 2009

That peppermint-lime combination is going to be tough to make work. It will be like brushing your teeth and then drinking OJ. I would save it for the Bud Select Brew-jito line.

KentT likes this.
  21. Jadjunk

Jadjunk Savant (345) Georgia Dec 6, 2009

It's no coincidence that "brrr" is the sound I make after thinking of how poorly cranberry and lime must go together to make this abomination.

22. best idea, just create one 'rita' thread, since the comments are basically identical in each thread LOL.

23. Pretty sure they're not trying to make it a beer, i guess common sense lacks with some people when they pop a chub for a bashing on a big guy. Hence you see it displayed on liqour aisles in front of the tequila/pre mixed margaritas...sigh but here lets keep up with the bashing.

24. BigTomZ

BigTomZ Savant (315) Virginia Apr 14, 2009

Must hoard.... call every store in the area and get as much as you can before it sells out.

25. Still holding out for a mistletoe version

26. I got my case.

BigTomZ likes this.
  27. mrcraft

mrcraft Advocate (725) California Dec 15, 2012

I used to drink Lime-a-Rita on occasion, but after my last episode of getting a nasty headache, I'm going to pass on their cranberry variant.

28. A2HB

A2HB Aficionado (150) Michigan Oct 30, 2013

No you had it right in your first post, there is no beer in these. Have no idea why they have any relation to Bud Light but that's exactly what they are "flavored malt liquor".

I admit to drinking these in the middle of the summer while playing 18 holes of golf. They drink easy and get the job done when you're not trying to drink heavier beers.

Outside of playing golf in the summer, I have no desire to drink these again though

29. Looking forward to the Bourbon-Barrel-Aged-Rare-Stout-a-rita

ILikeGoodCider, Tidesox28 and charlzm like this.
  30. My god these names just scream MARKETING!!! so loud. Slap a pair of surgically enhanced boobs in a photo with it (parka surrounded boobs, natch) and you have your ad campaign.

mfnmbvp likes this.
  31. JISurfer

JISurfer Champion (950) Hawaii Dec 10, 2002

That's the best news I've heard all day! Now I know what to give out for Christmas presents, Bud-Rita Trilogy sets!

32. I went to a football party this weekend at a buddy's house. I brought 3 growlers of 21st Amendment and NoDa stuff from my kegs. Asked him if wanted some. "Nope, I have this CrabBrrRita right here". I think beer came out my nose (what a waste of good beer). Sad thing is the beer that flew out my nose, tainted with snot and nose hairs, was actually better quality than his drink.

33. I think I have figured it out.

If you hate on an Inbev product you're immediately labeled a snob but many BA's, but if the Inbev product has fruit in it, you can hate on it with impunity.

EConnOG likes this.
  34. ERRL710

ERRL710 Savant (280) Illinois May 6, 2013

ISO: 7 Year Cranbrrita Vertical...

LoquaciousC likes this.
  35. If it crosses my path I must tick it. Damn..I need help!

36. DrewLikesBeer

DrewLikesBeer Savant (335) Florida Jul 16, 2013

someone has actually drank and rated this thing already...damn...that's sorta sad. should we take a collection and send him/her some decent brews?? tis the season for giving to those (with) less fortunate (taste)!

37. ABInbev is marketing it as a FMB - flavored malt beverage - to compete with smirnoff ice and mike's hard poops.

38. I'm as disgusted as anyone, but, was there a snob-fest like this when Mike's hard lemonade was released? Do you all point your noses to the sky when another flavored whiskey hits the shelves? It's a cranberry margarita in a can, big f*cking whoop. Let's talk about beer.

alucard6679, DanE and Soxfan45 like this.
  39. Proof positive that you can fool some of the people some/all of the time.

Tidesox28 likes this.