1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Bud sold 500,000 barrels of Lime-A-Rita in the first 8 months

Discussion in 'Beer News' started by sandiego67, Apr 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. That's what Jim Jones used to call "mass suicide"...

Budinetz likes this.
  2. So, I'm guessing beer doesn't have to get approved by the FDA or any other regulating body.

3. MJsGhost

MJsGhost Aficionado (245) New York Jun 30, 2013

When the meek inherit the earth, Budweiser will be served to all.

Prince_Casual likes this.
  4. Doesn't surprise me. Every "noncraft" customer buys this stuff.

5. No they don't. A BMC drinker would no more drink Lime-a-Rita than you would. It's made for people who don't drink beer.

6. i work at a liquor store and the overwhelming majority of my customers wouldn't appreciate a good beer/liquor/drink if i forcibly poured it down their throat...it's terrible. however, the exceptions make the job worthwhile. wouldn't worry about the lime-a-rita sales too much...people are neither smart nor cultured

7. why is this board still showing up on the main page?

8. KS1297

KS1297 Initiate (0) Wisconsin Apr 14, 2013

My wife insisted on buying the 12 pack of strawberry for us to try. I wouldn't drink it from a can, but over ice it's not bad. I'm not sure what everyone is freaking out about.

9. Budinetz

Budinetz Savant (360) Pennsylvania Dec 29, 2010

I love how the big 3 head up these "No Drinking until you're 21!" Campaigns but then they sell products geared toward the under 21 market...liquor companies are doing it now also...fruit loop and cake flavored vodka? How is this NOT geared toward the underage crowd!??!?!!

PumaSaysRawrr likes this.
  10. JMS1512

JMS1512 Advocate (660) New Jersey Feb 18, 2013

[​IMG]

I didn't do it, I found the picture. Let the chaos commence.

11. LOL my wife has already been doing this with her's and I have nothing against it and seem tastier as a frozen treat on a hot summer day then they did poured in a glass. If it keeps her from drinking out of my side of beer fridge then more power to Lime-a-Rita's I say.

12. utopiajane

utopiajane Champion (860) New York Jun 11, 2013

lol At my house we call those "tangential popsicles" because of their effects.

13. LaneMeyer

LaneMeyer Savant (390) California Mar 20, 2011

Not that I would ever buy or make this myself, but seems like a better use of the product than just drinking it.

mecummins likes this.
  14. Just freeze the whole can, then use a knife to slice it open. Or pop it first and stick a popsicle stick in the hole. Then slice the bottom off when frozen and pull the rest of can off in the other direction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.