1. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $14.99 (US/print only). Offer ends April 30. Subscribe now! (Because great beer deserves great stories AND readers.)

Buffalo Bayou BA 1836

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by FUNKPhD, Apr 5, 2012.

1. FUNKPhD

FUNKPhD Advocate (515) Texas Apr 13, 2010

I saw a twitter photo of a tasting of their whiskey barrel-aged 1836. From what I'm told through the local beer community is that its supposed to get bottled and released sometime later this year, November there about.

Has anyone else heard anything about this subject matter? Buff has been doing a lot quickly throughout the community and everything I've tasted from them and their collabs are pretty solid. Any ideas on what barrels they're using? Any ideas on when they might start bottling/canning their beers?

Also on the matter of BA beers, Miner Wines Merlot Aged Rodeo Clown cask is supposed to flow this Sunday at The Hay Merchant along with other casks in celebration for their cask engine resurrection. I'm pretty excited to try that.

2. champ103

champ103 Champion (870) Texas Sep 3, 2007

No idea what barrels, but that does not sound very good. Not a big fan of 1836 to begin with, and no way does that beer go well with any barrel I can think of. But what do I know, got to try it before I judge.

Anyway, I wish I could be at Merchant this week. Sounds like they have a lot of good stuff lined up.