1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Buy Boston a Beer

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by david3tides, Apr 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. david3tides

david3tides Aficionado (195) Maine Dec 19, 2006

Let's start healing by dealing out free beer.
    Marshall Wharf, Belfast, Maine is bringing all 16oz can inventory to Boston on Weds/4.17. AND challenging all New England breweries to throw down. Let's help heal Boston with beer!

kc4334, atdunn9, Fujii13 and 27 others like this.
  2. slander

slander Site Editor (580) New York Nov 5, 2001 Staff Member

You know what, Dave? You're a good cat, yo.

3. bennybrew

bennybrew Savant (265) Maine Jul 10, 2001

where are you bringing the beer?

4. TheMonkfish

TheMonkfish Initiate (0) Chad Jan 8, 2012

Well done, sir. It's amazing how many cool stories and good vibes are coming on the heels of this barbaric act.

5. Tell me where and when and Ill see you there. Im proud to call Boston home.

6. Any chance this can turn into a fundraiser by tomorrow, if in fact it goes down. Use your brewer powers to make it a reality.

7. Where and when? I'm there.

8. Amazing idea and I hope it comes to fruition. Name the time and place. Id be happy to help in any way.

jtdolla911 likes this.
  9. +1 on making this a fundraiser for the families impacted by this terrible, shameful act.

the_JesseLane likes this.
  10. would gladly be available to donate and volunteer time if needed!

11. mbs11

mbs11 Savant (265) Massachusetts Nov 27, 2009

+1 on fundraising. I'm sure many stores close to the city and the beer geek community would be happy to sell product in this manner. I don't want to speak for any stores, but there are a number of kind hearted people in our community who already sell beer and I'm sure they'd be happy to help.

12. If you need volunteers on the quick - I'm in. Let us know, I'll be there.

13. When and where is this going down and who do we contact to get involved?

Hanzo, RMoeNay, willbm3 and 7 others like this.
  14. benbking

benbking Savant (285) Massachusetts Dec 11, 2009

I'd contact the Cambridge area bars. CBC, Lord Hobo, Meadhall? I love this idea.

15. Keep me posted and I'll be there with my camera.

16. david3tides

All right. Thanks to Jack Abby. looks like this is coming together for tomorrow. stay tuned.

sandman3479 and DigitalNate like this.
  17. DHS1029

DHS1029 Savant (325) Illinois Feb 14, 2013

BA's of Boston, I just want to say that I hope all of you and your friends and family are safe after yesterday's horrific events that took place. You are all in my prayers

jbertsch likes this.
  18. This is what community is all about. I'm sure I'm speaking for many to let us know how to help and volunteer for this.

19. We are throwing this together as fast as we can. Unfortunately there are not a lot of details available yet. We are planning to have a fundraiser in Framingham tomorrow at one of our local bars with support from Marshal Wharf and whoever else we can get in touch with on short notice. The second I know when/where I will post it here.

20. Boonedog

Boonedog Aficionado (240) Illinois Apr 10, 2013

I am actually driving out to Boston to visit a college end of this week. Never been out northeast at all.
    I was going to ask on the forum what beers can I get there that I cannot get in Chicago?
    Now this....
    Just awful.

21. Big thanks to Marshall Wharf for getting the ball rolling on this.

We finalized the location. We will be having the fundraiser at The Framingham Tavern tomorrow. They open at 3pm and we plan to be there all night. All the beer is being donated and all proceeds will be donated. We have not finalized which charity yet, but it will be something that will directly support the victims.

In addition to Marshal Wharf and ourselves we have confirmed Tree House Brewing, Clown Shoes and Ipswich and hope to confirm more now that we have a location.

Please help us get the word out.

Hanzo, Kelp, blt2646 and 6 others like this.
  22. Amazing job guys. I'll be there after work to meet everyone. Once again, if any help is needed let us know.

23. Wish I could join my office is less than 100 yards from the first explosion. Very chaotic scene yesterday. I appreciate all the effort to making this happen today.

Cheers

24. Will be there, and will tweet about it from @BostonHopHead

25. Myself and as many of the Clown Shoes crew as I can get will be there tomorrow, thanks to everyone who supports this cause and especially the guys at Jack's Abby and the Framingham Tavern for putting this all together so quickly.

RMoeNay, fearfactory and sandman3479 like this.
  26. david3tides

Maine Beer Company is in. Thanks Dan & David!

RMoeNay likes this.
  27. Battle Road Brewing just confirmed that they will be involved. It is amazing how fast this is coming together and word is getting out. If any other breweries want to be involved just get in touch with us, we would love to have you.

jomobono and sandman3479 like this.
  28. this is very awesome, I am glad you guys got it set up so quickly. Wish I could help out and support more from this side of the country. just know that California is sending love and support for those impacted by that shitty act of evil and weakness.

So much good can come out of something so Evil, and everyone is a Bostonian right now!

29. You guys have any interest in taking bottle donations to raffle off tomorrow?

30. That is a great idea! We would love to do this if there is enough interest.

Auror likes this.
  31. Will try to get out there, probably will be very late. Hope to see many people out there! (Thursday mornings at work be damned!)

Auror likes this.
  32. jomobono

jomobono Savant (400) Massachusetts Mar 12, 2012

Great idea James, I would donate some bottles and some Heady Topper.

Auror likes this.
  33. If you have a bottle(s) that you would like to donate for a raffle, send me a private message and I will figure out how to set it up. The only thing is you would have to be able to get the bottle to The Tavern tomorrow by whenever we decide to have the raffle. I am thinking 8pm would be a good time for that.

jaasen64 and Auror like this.
  34. david3tides

Yay Allagash! Keep it coming guys.

Auror likes this.
  35. Todd

Todd Founder (1,440) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

For those who can't make Framingham tomorrow, we're organizing a large fundraiser in the Boston area.

We'll post more info once the details are sorted out.

All the best tomorrow. We'll help spread the word.

Cheers!

kc4334, johnyb, Kelp and 11 others like this.
  36. Proceeds from the long anticipated Mystic Brewery barrel program release of Entropy this Saturday will be donated to victims and their families. We are very sad but glad we have a release this big to make a serious contribution in helping. Details soon.

This is uncannily what 'entropy' actually means to us: to live life itself we must always fight against chaos.

Peace,
    Bryan

37. david3tides

All right. Oxbow is in. The Maine collection is now Oxbow, Allagash, Maine Beer Company & Marshall Wharf. More to come!

38. jomobono

jomobono Savant (400) Massachusetts Mar 12, 2012

This is amazing. I will see you tomorrow, thank you to all the brewers!

39. The Maine collection is for tomorrow, and or the BA fundraiser? This is awesome turnaround guys, bravo. #beeradvocateproud

40. This is an awesome idea...definitely headed to the Tavern after work tomorrow!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.