1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Buy Boston a Beer

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by david3tides, Apr 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wow this is shaping up incredible!
  2. jomobono

jomobono Savant (390) Massachusetts Mar 12, 2012

Come say hi to me, I'll be wearing an Oxbow t-shirt. -Jay
  3. Just finished cleaning all my draft equipment...headed out the door now to pick up beer and head to Framingham.

Left Hand will be pouring:
    Milk Stout Nitro - Fingers crossed as I'm attempting to pour this on Nitro through my jockey box for the 1st time!
    Fade to Black Vol 4
    Good Juju - Seems highly appropriate...Boston needs some Good Juju and it'll be flowing in Framingham today!

See y'all there!

B
    JrGtr, sandman3479, bennybrew and 4 others like this.
  4. Fantastic. Excited to finally meet some fellow BAs.
  5. kleo

kleo Aficionado (210) Massachusetts Apr 27, 2009

I should be there around 4. Not sure what I'll be wearing but you're still welcome to say "hi."
  6. I'll be there around 6:30 wearing a black and blue puma shirt! Can't wait. Panning out to be one crazy event!
  7. I should be wearing a black dress shirt. Come say hi. - Mike
  8. kleo

Should we or have we agreed upon a hashtag for the tweetys?
  9. JrGtr

JrGtr Savant (365) Massachusetts Apr 13, 2006

I'll be there probably a little after 6. Black leather jacket, Red Sox cap, t-shirt under dress shirt saying "beer"
  10. Hoping to make it there by 7:30 myself.

I'll be wearing a leopard print thong and cowboy boots. Maybe my ancient BA tshirt too.
    jomobono, Jnorton00 and atdunn9 like this.
  11. Hoping to be there around 7. Lets get this place packed tonight!
  12. If anyone has any contacts with a reporter or blogger, they should invite them to write a story about the event, highlighting all the effort Jack's Abbey, Marshall Wharf, The Tavern and the BA community put into this.
  13. I've been working on this today with some non-beer publications, most are so inundated with requests right now it's very difficult, but still worth the effort. Hopefully something will come of it
  14. Norm Miller has written about it, he'll probably be there. Heather from the Honest Pint is going. Adam and Sarah from BrewEngland will be there. Sean and Amber from 2BeerGuys are going. Jess from New Music Co too. Rich from Pintley and me and Josh from the Yankee Brew News.
    jomobono and atdunn9 like this.
  15. Excellent news ^^^^^
  16. I got an email from Thrillist this morning with a list of charity efforts and this event was the first one listed.
  17. Well I think this answers my question :)
  18. I unfortunately can't make it (wedding anniversary) so everyone have a great time, buy lots of raffle tickets/beers and drink a few for me!
  19. I think we should use #Beers4Boston as the hashtag - simple and short.
    atdunn9 likes this.
  20. kleo

If you donate $5, I'll let you pet my kitten at a later date. Which may sound insane but I'm pretty sure 1 or 2 BAs have met him in a tasting room.
    willbm3 likes this.
  21. any idea if food will be available, i know beer is the main attraction but no food and beer can make a night hazy in the memory and I want to keep on the right side of the breathalyser.
  22. brikelly

brikelly Savant (405) New Hampshire Apr 11, 2010

Here's what I'm bringing for the raffle:

[​IMG]
    Jnorton00 and atdunn9 like this.
  23. The Tavern has an awesome burger...Plus they have a section of the menu called "Deep Fried Love" that includes a pound of deep fried bacon, a basket of deep fried pepperoni, bacon wrapped pickles and deep fried bacon wrapped poptarts. "You had me at bacon..."
  24. kleo

Made final wardrobe choice. I am coming as Tyrion Lannister.
    Jnorton00 likes this.
  25. Sorry I can't make it but I hope you enjoy the Hop Session I sent over. Cheers, Bill
  26. B there around 6 in a purple tottenham soccer jersey with my fiancee and my donation box. See you there, if theres room!
  27. I'm heading over soon. Older guy who looks like he's coming from work (blue striped dress shirt). Looking forward to meeting folks.

Ken
  28. jaasen64

jaasen64 Savant (450) Massachusetts Jan 15, 2012

En route with Brian (Auror), we've got a couple Loons and a Norma for the raffle. See everyone there!!
    Auror likes this.
  29. jomobono

Plenty of room, they got the back room clear. We should be fine.
    atdunn9 likes this.
  30. DonFrap

DonFrap Savant (480) Massachusetts Feb 27, 2011

We need a secret handshake or something. Ill be wearing blue plaid shorts with a sonic the hedgehog shirt. If you follow the gang bang BIF thread at all, Diego may make an appearance.
    HevvyMetalHippie likes this.
  31. I wanna see pictures of all the donated bottles!
    jbertsch likes this.
  32. brikelly

Hey, I'm wearing a blue shirt today too! Looking forward to meeting folks too.
  33. DIEGOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
    Auror likes this.
  34. jomobono

MBC Lunch for $5
    FrankLloydMike likes this.
  35. Was just about to ask if anyone who's there could give us an idea of what they are charging for prices. If Lunch is $5, everything else must be fairly cheap as well.
  36. jomobono

$5 for everything
    FrankLloydMike likes this.
  37. jomobono

Still plenty of room
  38. On the way from Woonsocket in a few minutes, wearing a bright blue polo shirt.
  39. brikelly

Blue shirt brigade!
  40. jomobono

The raffle bottle line up is effing sick
    atdunn9 and Ganglani like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.