1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Buy Boston a Beer

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by david3tides, Apr 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Agreed! Place is filling up nicely but still room.
  2. I lied. Im in a blue jersey. I got mauled when i brought ny donations. I havent said hi to anyone yet, im hiding upstairs in the back room. On a side note, holy shit that Marshall Wharf Cant Dog is awesome.
  3. Does anyone have any update on what's going to happen when the bar hits capacity? One in one out?
  4. jomobono

jomobono Savant (390) Massachusetts Mar 12, 2012

They won't reach capacity, plenty of room, come on down
  5. willbm3

willbm3 Savant (380) Massachusetts Feb 19, 2010

I'm jealous, wish I could be there. I'm hoping alot of you are able to come out to the Boston event whenever it takes place. Hell, I'm hoping I'm able to make that one too.
  6. jomobono

No lines still
  7. jomobono

Ok now there is a line to get in
  8. jomobono

10 minute wait to get in
  9. thank you for doing this. Such a great atmosphere such a great bunch of people. everyone involved totally rocks. so glad to be part of it.
  10. Awesome night at the Tavern with Jacks Abby, Marshall Wharf and all the other breweries that donated their time and effort to the cause. Can't thank you guys enough for such an awesome event. Sam, what was the final count on the funds raised for the Boston One Fund?
    jomobono and Auror like this.
  11. JrGtr

JrGtr Savant (365) Massachusetts Apr 13, 2006

Hear, hear.... great times, great beers.. only downside is thatbi didn't win a raffle prize.
  12. It was an awesome time and some awesome beer was had.
  13. brikelly

brikelly Savant (405) New Hampshire Apr 11, 2010

That was awesome! Thanks so much to everyone who helped organize it.
  14. Awesome event tonight at the Independent--lots of good beers and people. Thanks to the organizers for putting this together!
  15. Thank you to Jack's Abby, Marshall Wharf, The Tavern in Framingham, Left Hand, CBC, Tree House, Brash, Clown Shoes, John Harvard's, Stone, Oxbow, Wormtown, Battle Road, Sixpoint, Tuckerman's, Enlightenment, Allagash, Night Shift, Idle Hands, Maine Beer Co., and Cape Ann.

Tonight was awesome.

Special thanks to anyone that donated bottles, gift certificates, or tickets. 26 (.2) packages raffled off, and I think at least half of them had a Cantillon bottle in there?
    FarmingtonRiver likes this.
  16. Sorry I couldn't be there.. thanks to Marshall Wharf, Jack's Abby and all involved to put this together so soon

Cheers
    #BostonStrong
    Jeff
    Stone Brewing Co.
  17. kleo

kleo Aficionado (210) Massachusetts Apr 27, 2009

I won beers i do not comprehend.
    ILOVESTOUTS likes this.
  18. RichD

RichD Advocate (640) Rhode Island Mar 18, 2012

Sounds like it was an awesome event for an awesome cause, I wish I could've attended. Huge respect to all the breweries that attended and of course to Jack's Abby for coordinating it and making it happen. You guys never cease to amaze me. I'll see you guys on Friday!
  19. jomobono

It is amazing what the craft beer community can do in such little time. Good night you Princes of Massachusetts (and Maine), you Kings of New England.
  20. BobCobb

BobCobb Savant (345) Illinois Jul 10, 2012

Not the best recap so far...come on. Highlights of brewery selections, raffle, etc.?
    4kbrianb and Jnorton00 like this.
  21. Marshall Wharf Cant Dog IPA was great, my girlfriend loved the CBC Cherry Wood Smoked Amber Ale, Tree House Impy Stout, Oxbow Farmhouse Pale, Jack's Abby had a few things pouring. The bottle donations for raffles were awesome: a bunch of Cantillon, Russian River sours, Heady Topper, KBS, Night Shift Berlinner Weisse's, etc.
  22. The event was fantastic and the generosity of the Beer Advocate community was unbelievable. Hopefully Sam or Eric will post the final number later today.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    koflaherty likes this.
  23. (In the first picture above, you can see people looking in the window. By the time they started the raffle, there was a pretty big crowd outside. Many of the people outside bought raffle tickets, even though they couldn't even get in to the event. #GoodVibes)
  24. What an awesome night. Marshall wharf IPA was fantastic. I wish the Lunch and Mo lasted longer but at $5/ea, it doesn't shock me they were out before 7pm.
  25. Sounds like people weren't all able to get in. What time was it at capacity?

I wanted to be there but couldn't get out of plans to to see my sister to celebrate my engagement to my lady over the weekend.

Bummer
  26. I think everyone was eventually able to get in. Capacity was 150. With 20+ brewers, that's about 7.5 drinkers for every brewery. My kinda math...
  27. MattOC

MattOC Savant (295) Massachusetts Jan 13, 2013

Echoing what has already been said, it was an excellent event. The Tavern was jammed showing tremendous support for the cause. Didn't try too many beers, but thoroughly enjoyed the Tree House Imp Stout and the Marshall Wharf pale ale.
  28. jomobono

Sorry didn't give any details last night, I was exhausted by the time I got home. So they split all the bottles and gift cards up into I think what was 26 separate prizes (for 26 miles of the marathon), am I correct?

Dean from Tree House was the highlight for me. I want him to be my drinking buddy. I also met some BA folks and Norm for the first time.

The whole bar observed the moment of silence with the Bruins and then we all sang the Star Spangled Banner with the crowd there, really nice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Rochefort10nh likes this.
  29. Wish I could have been there! Cheers to all the brewers for making it happen on such short notice, and cheers to all the BAs who supported it.
    JrGtr likes this.
  30. Amazing night put on by some great people. Was nice to finally meet some forum regulars as well. Highlight for me was the MW imperial...incredible beer. Well done everyone on such a great night for a great cause.
  31. I agree great event, especially considering how quickly it came together. Beer highlights for me were Treehouse Space and Time (Imp Stout) and Marshall Wharf Cant Dog. Also catching up with Dean from Treehouse (who was raving about their new Curiosity #2) and meeting Dave from Marshall Wharf. I also had the Mahr's, which was a bit sweet for my taste.
  32. jomobono

Yes, I also got the Curiosity #2 rave.
  33. jomobono

I am pretty sure this is the complete list, let me know if I forgot anyone:

Allagash Brewing Co
    Atlantic Brewing Co
    Battle Road Brewing Co
    Brash Brewing Co
    Cape Ann Brewing
    Cambridge Brewing Co
    Clown Shoes
    Enlightenment Ales
    Funky Bow
    Idle Hands
    Ipswich
    Jack's Abby Brewing
    John Harvard's Brew House
    Left Hand Brewing
    Maine Beer Co
    Marshall Wharf
    Night Shift Brewing
    Oxbow Brewing Co
    Samuel Adams
    Six Point
    Stone Brewing Co
    Tree House Brewing Co
    Tuckerman Brewing Co
    White Birch Brewing
    Wormtown Brewing
    FrankLloydMike likes this.
  34. It was a great time. We should do it again tomorrow.
  35. For anyone looking to get some Marshall Wharf, they only distribute to a select list of stores Maine. They have a list of the stores they distribute to at http://www.marshallwharf.com. It also looks like you can visit their brewery, however I couldn't find any info regarding when they are open to the public.
  36. Thanks to everyone who came out last night, to all the brewers that donated beer and to The Framingham Tavern and Jack's Abby for putting the whole thing together. It's really inspiring to see so many people who were ready to give whatever they could and do whatever they could to help and I think it reflects the great spirit of community within the craft beer world. Thanks again to everyone!
    anichols70, atdunn9 and jomobono like this.
  37. jomobono

Three Tides is the bar that features Marshall Wharf beers, David owns both the bar and Marshall Wharf. I hear it is a great place to visit, I'll be up there in August, can't wait.

http://www.3tides.com/
  38. What an awesome event. Kudos to every brewery who participated and to Marshall Wharf and Jacks Abby for leading the charge. I cannot wait to hear how much money was raised for the victims. I was happy to contribute some of the cellar for this and hopefully someone is able to enjoy the hopslam, worldwide stout, black xantus, bells third coast ale, and stone epic 2009

I ended up winning a Cantillon St. Lamvicus, Mystic Entropy, Nightshift Wild Queens, and $25 gift card to Bermans.
    Jnorton00, atdunn9 and brikelly like this.
  39. I still cannot believe the outpouring of support we received for this event. The event was thrown together in less than 24 hours and we managed to get 25 breweries to donate beer and received enough donations from businesses and you guys to put together a truly impressive raffle. I think it is safe to say that last night was also the first time there was ever a line outside The Tavern, I hope no one had to wait too long. We will be putting together a more formal thank you soon, as so many people stepped up last night.

After all was said and done we raised over $8,800 last night.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.