1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Buy Boston a Beer

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by david3tides, Apr 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. That's awesome! We're lucky to have such a great local beer community!
  2. DonFrap

DonFrap Savant (480) Massachusetts Feb 27, 2011

Awesome event! Thanks to all involved. My raffle ticket was the first one pulled! Won a mainer Weiss, entropy, and some crazy Italian bottle that I can't remember right now. I gave someone outside the mainer weisse for a KBS lol. Also Sunday brunch at the Framingham crowne plaza (which my wife is super stoked about). I'd also like to give a shout out to Jon (jaasen64) who actually won twice in the raffle but had them redraw to spread the wealth.
  3. If people want an idea what was being poured last night one way is to take a look at what was being reported via untappd. https://untappd.com/venue/119994 obviously some outliers as I saw people drinking Budweiser and ciders but it gives an idea.
  4. I seriously got the chills reading this and other posts about the recap.. This, this, and more this is why I not only love BA, but why I love living in this country. Ya the world is messed up, and yes there are some horribly weak and evil people... but every time something happens, people come together and kill the bad with so much good. Wish I lived closer to be a part of this, but stoked to see how quickly and how perfectly it came together.... you guys who put this on deserve more beer and more hand shakes than you will get, but just know that a lot of us thank you for your actions.
  5. Between the great beer, chilling "Boston" chants during the Bruins pregame, and the amazing communal environment it couldn't have been a better night. I was hoping to win one of the Westy 12s but I saw some went to fellow BAs which was great. Cheers everyone!
  6. brikelly, JrGtr, jomobono and 2 others like this.
  7. jomobono

jomobono Savant (390) Massachusetts Mar 12, 2012

Please bring the box.
    Mbarry7 likes this.
  8. kleo

kleo Aficionado (210) Massachusetts Apr 27, 2009

I won a Russian River sour, Hill Farmstead Birth of Tragedy, can of Heady Topper, and some Cantillion. While the accompanying hotel/dinner package is 100% staying in the family, the beer will be shared.
  9. Someone who won Heady Topper as part of their package opened it and shared it with me and my girlfriend.
    jbertsch likes this.
  10. Glad i got to be a part of something special, i hope the beer i donated is put to good use and cannot believe how much money was raised. kudos to marshall wharf, jacks abby and the tavern for getting things set up so quickly.
  11. jaasen64

jaasen64 Savant (450) Massachusetts Jan 15, 2012

Amazing event last night, huge thanks to the brewers especially Jack's Abby and Marshall Wharf for getting things rolling and everyone who showed up on such short notice. Really shows the power of community. The donations were extremely generous, I was fortunate enough to win a Night Shift Wild Queen, Saint's Devotion, Fred, Westy 12, and $25 Blanchard's gift certificate. The beers will definitely be shared and the Wild Queen and Saint's Devotion were actually big wants of mine!
    You're welcome to have the Westy 12 that I won, I've had Westy a couple times and it's a fantastic beer but I'd love to have someone else have the chance to try it.
    Mbarry7, anichols70 and atdunn9 like this.
  12. kleo

I'm working on redistributing my "beer wealth." Dropped a couple of the breweries who helped make my night a line and asked about swinging through to share my stuff. Seemed the right thing to do.
    seanwhite likes this.
  13. david3tides

david3tides Aficionado (195) Maine Dec 19, 2006

Wow, ok, so thanks! Jack's Abby ( including crew and help! ), Paul @ the Framingham Tavern ( and amazing staff! ) the Allstrรถm brothers for this forum and posting such a quick event, everybody that came out for the beers and event, the National Anthem before the Bruins game...seriously?....ALL THE BREWERIES....I counted 30 that were pouring and the raffle donations that raised their own funds for Onefund. Everyone that waited in line, did not see that coming. And hopefully for an hour or so the events of Monday were not at the forefront of our minds. I needed this a lot and am SO thankful to everybody involved. and to boot we are pushing $9k. Cheers!
  14. The events of Monday, last night, and today have been absolutely unimaginable just 6 days ago and it has brought out the best in this area that we all call home (all of new england). This whole thing has really shook me and judging by the turnout Wednesday, a lot of you all too. I have friends who are on the SWAT team in Watertown now, coworkers who live there, and I even worry being in Brookline. The whole situation is madness and I cant even fathom all of this firepower looking for this 19 year old maggot.

There are more victims since Monday, and I hope the brothers organize a big fundraiser event soon, so we can not only raise more funds for all of the victims, but return to some normalcy and cope together.
    Mbarry7 and jomobono like this.
  15. willbm3

willbm3 Savant (380) Massachusetts Feb 19, 2010

Exactly, and I'm hoping The One Fund proceeds also go to the officers and their families who were tragically affected by today's events. Hopefully there is no more bad news.
  16. jomobono

jomobono Savant (390) Massachusetts Mar 12, 2012

Raise a glass right now everyone to Local Law Enforcement, FBI and the National Guard.
    atdunn9, Mbarry7, lucas1801 and 3 others like this.
  17. willbm3

willbm3 Savant (380) Massachusetts Feb 19, 2010

I've been closely following this unfold via Twitter, police scanners, and local news nonstop since 11pm last night. Incredible series of events. I've never been prouder to be a Bostonian. I'm exhausted, but first I'm taking down this Curieux!
  18. kleo

Part of me thinks some of us should gather at Tree House, get a few growlers, then go to BT's Smoke House to toast.
    JrGtr likes this.
  19. Cenosillicaphobe

Cenosillicaphobe Savant (360) Maine Jul 24, 2011

I wish I could have been there...it's awesome to see y'all helping those people like this.

Also...Cant Dog is awesome...glad more people got to try it...guess the cat's out of the bag now lol.
  20. emannths

emannths Savant (390) Massachusetts Sep 21, 2007

A little worried that radio silence means what I think it means, but...is this still in the works? If not, maybe consider a way to accept donations at ACBF?
  21. Todd

Todd Founder (1,410) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

No need to fret, we're still working on a couple of ideas. We just don't have all of the details yet. As soon as we have more to share, we will.

Locking this one down now as the Framingham event is over.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.