1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

C02 Reg not working

Discussion in 'Home Bar' started by lionking, Jan 5, 2013.

1. lionking

lionking Savant (320) Pennsylvania Nov 25, 2006

When i turn on the pressure relief valve pops constantly. Is this prob a diaphram issue?

Any suggestions on getting it fixed?

2. Could be a bad pressure relief valve. What does the gauge say when the valve pops?

3. lionking

lionking Savant (320) Pennsylvania Nov 25, 2006

PSI goes all the way around

4. Has this regulator worked in the past? I know this is analogous to asking if the TV is plugged in, but did you try adjusting the regulator? Turn the knob (if your reg has a knob) or screw (if it doesn't) clockwise until it's closed. Them open the valve and turn the regulator up to 10-12 psi. Is that do-able?

5. VikeMan

VikeMan Champion (750) Pennsylvania Jul 12, 2009

I know you know this, but for the OP, clockwise opens the regulator.

6. oops! :oops: Thanks for that. I thought maybe this was an Australian regulator ;)

7. DanGo67

DanGo67 Initiate (15) Jan 10, 2013

Im actually having the exact same problem. New regulator that came with a kegerator. The knob doesnt change anything. Any advice??

8. VikeMan

VikeMan Champion (750) Pennsylvania Jul 12, 2009

New? Return it.

9. DanGo67

DanGo67 Initiate (15) Jan 10, 2013

Well if I need a new regulator I'd much rather buy one than paying the same amount of money and go to the hassle to box it up and ship it back. It just seemed to me someone might have a solution if it's happening to other people. I was hoping to just replace a part rather than the whole thing.

10. memory

memory Savant (260) Pennsylvania Oct 2, 2005

I had one regulator go bad and didn't know what was wrong until I looked on the back. The brass housing developed a hairline crack you could barely see. I notified the place I bought it, sent it back and got another replaced. Be gentle with them as they are fragile.