1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Cable Car? What's going on in the trading forum?

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by DougOLis, Dec 11, 2012.

1. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2009

Again, show me where I commented on any trade trying to take place with CC in ISO:FT. Oh, and show me where I said it mattered while you are at it. Christ you love putting words and ideas in my mouth.

2. stupac2

stupac2 Initiate (0) California Feb 22, 2011

I wasn't actually replying to you directly with the second paragraph, rather explaining my thoughts on the situation. I thought this would be obvious since it started with "some people" and not with "you". I also don't believe I've ever put ideas/words in your mouth, but whatever.

3. Anyone know if Cable Car is for sale for on-premise at Toronado SD, and at what price? I'll be there in a month.

4. You spelled farm wrong.

GuisseppeFranco likes this.
  5. Without farmers there would be no beer

6. all right. yesterday, you said:

above, you said:

in the span of a few hours, you went from "live and let live" to "all right, i'm going to start threadshitting too."

that was not a direct quote, fyi. it was a humorous characterization of how people generally contradict themselves on the forum.

i apologize for implying you did that. you have not, to my knowledge, shat on anyone's thread, especially a cable car one. in fact, i think you're consistently a positive presence and i enjoy reading your posts. it was this promise to shit on others that struck me as a huge disappointment, especially from you. there are numerous people who froth at the mouth with a desire to threadshit. you are not one of them.

always. <3

7. Matt,

Come down to Beachwood so we can drink some 09 BTs and 2001 LP Framboise!

Beachwood used to have DDG all the time for $25. Then all these 6:1 KH twerps came along...

Brewzer1010 likes this.
  8. MordorMongo

Please re-read my post. I said bring them in here and I will shit on them (meaning people trying to trade KH 1:1 for CC). That does not imply IN ANY WAY that I would go threadshit their ISO:FT posts. How do you even make that leap? Seriously, read it in context as I was being blamed for not shitting on them. And for the record I never shit on the OPs ISO:FT either. I am not talking out of both sides of my mouth, at all. I shit IN HERE on some of the things being said re : CC for 6 KH and my meaning was I would do so equally to anyone coming in here and trying to defend their 1:1 offers.

Generally you are on point, but somehow you got your wires crossed on this one.

EDIT : to me calling someone out in a thread concerning trade "value" is not threadshitting, it is offering an opinion. Threadshitting in someone's ISO is BS and I fully say let them trade. Unless they ASK for opinions or information I stay out of them.

9. i didn't say you would do it in their posts.

i didn't say you did.

i don't even think you threadshat in here. disagreeing with an offer isn't threadshitting.

what i said was, your intent/promise to threadshit (regardless of where it is done) is contradictory to the idea of "let the man trade his beer." you're one of the few people i wouldn't expect that from. if you're saying i misinterpreted your intent, then that's cool, we can drop it.

with that said, it's past noon... finally! i can have a beer.

ales4baldo and MordorMongo like this.
  10. I agree, you never shit on my post.

11. MordorMongo

For the record, I literally meant SHIT on them, not threadshit in the traditional sense. You transferred that to threadshitting and I still think you are removing the context of my post in reply to Beerifico or whatever. He has openly posted he had zero intentions of that being a real trade, has openly admitted he was asking for too much and has openly shown not to care. While I say let the man trade his beer, I don't think people should just post BS because they feel like it. Lack of respect for all is all that is.

Enjoy your beer, time for one here as well!

Levitation likes this.
  12. [RodneyKing] Can't we all just get along?[/RodneyKing]

13. the davis beer shoppe had a tasting last night of old fitz, bernheim wheat, ec12, rittenhouse rye, and evan williams. i thought the old fitz was the best by a significant amount and it was so good i wanted to buy multiple 30 dollar botles of it.

14. abecall98

abecall98 Advocate (540) California Aug 11, 2007

I tried most of them at the Eclipse party. I didn't the Old Fitz on tap being amazing like it was out of the bottle. Now I can't wait to see how the others are in the bottles.

15. cosmicevan

cosmicevan Champion (835) New York Dec 13, 2009

so to answer the original question posed in this thread...

i swapped a Black Damnation V - Double Black 1 for 1 with a Cable Car.

...carry on with your bickering

SubpoenaDeuces and Hugonaut13 like this.
  16. MordorMongo

Hahahaha how does that ^ answer this : "Why are there so many ISOs for Cable Car on the trading forum right now? Did Toronado (SD) just get a permit to sell to go or something?" (original post in this thread)

Sorry, I just find it amusing (possibly because I have been drinking), no offense meant so please take none.

17. So how many King Henry Units is a Double Black worth?

18. cosmicevan

cosmicevan Champion (835) New York Dec 13, 2009

lol - my bad, i thought the subject was what's it going for, not what's going on. got distracted by all the side fighting and nonsense.

not sure, but i'll swap you a double black for 6 KHs.

19. Obviously everyone knows it is less than two. Hell, double black was available mail order. Makes it damn near worthless.

20. At some point, someone is going to ask for 10 King Henry's for a Soleil de Minuit and get told "That's not fair because all you had to do to get Soleil de Minuit was go to Akkurat on the right day, you didn't have to run all over Chicago to find stores that weren't sold out".

goodbetterbestbested likes this.
  21. ehammond1

ehammond1 Initiate (0) Jul 4, 2008

I may be in the minority, but I like you.

jegross2 and GuisseppeFranco like this.
  22. evilc

evilc Initiate (0) California Jan 27, 2012

Blah blah blah - bottom line is someone asking for six KH for a CC is a fucking douchebag. I live in San Diego and love Toronado.

queens1130, huskermike12 and SpdKilz like this.
  23. I started a thread on this a while ago....with Ebay gone to arb. values the "profit profit profit!" motif of the ISO/FT forum has been taken to a whole new level. I can only hope that it goes one for a while until it burns itself out and most of the "must win at trading" posters leave (due to lack of people left to fleece) and the "help each other" people slowly trickle back...(one can dream)

doopiedoopiedoo likes this.
  24. You don't exactly have a winning personality yourself.

25. Are you breaking up with me?.....tear

MordorMongo likes this.
  26. Everyone needs to chill out in the forum and scratch their nuts!

Now....who wants some Beatification...anybody? Anyone?

12 Beats for a '12 CC...anyone? Anybody?

27. stupac2

stupac2 Initiate (0) California Feb 22, 2011

Is that a serious offer? Because it's mighty tempting.

flaran likes this.
  28. Haha, na. I was just trying to lighten the mood in here a bit. Its like a black hole up in this bitch.

29. jegross2

jegross2 Advocate (715) Illinois Jan 3, 2010

FT: Black Hole. ISO: Beat

ales4baldo likes this.
  30. Did anyone know of their Holiday Bottle Sale tonight?

Heard the place was pretty dead...

[​IMG]

31. Looks like you missed the other Vintage RR beers.

32. Ya, i wasnt able to make it in such short notice. Since i live about an hr and a half away. But thanks to a nice person who informed me of the event, i was able to get a buddy to grab me whatever she could. And she did fine by me.

bkrueger likes this.
  33. evilc

any available that could land a case of King Henry? 1:12?

34. Once again, showing your winning personality. Keep it up bro!

35. evilc

I just want to know how to land a case. Being 15 miles from ToroSD - may be able to call in a favor if it will land me a case of KH!

36. Maybe, I'm sure they would break their ABC license to help a BA so awesome as yourself. But in more honesty, I cannot think of a beer that Toronado has that is worth 12 KHUs - maybe a 3L of an old batch of beatification or T20 if they still have any sitting around (I know I lose track of my 3Ls all the time).

37. I knew about it, but didn't get off work in time to pick anything up. I did see the bottle list though - b1 Temptation, b2 Beat, and b3 Supp, all $30 for a 375 and a 1 bottle limit. I'm actually a bit bummed I missed out on the chance to spend $30 on 12 oz of Beat (and also, you know, 2 more bottles of CC).

ales4baldo likes this.
  38. Ya, im pretty stoked about the Supp. Should be delicious. But its also nice to add a '12 CC to my '09 CC. Getting a little mini vert going on here.

39. drgarage

drgarage Initiate (0) California Aug 19, 2008

They sold out if the RR stuff fast. I just missed out. Got some CC, though. It's weird to call the Temptation Batch 1. I'm pretty sure there were a few pre-bottled batches I had at the brew pub back in the day...

40. drgarage

drgarage Initiate (0) California Aug 19, 2008

I always love when SoCal BAs get all het up about the one rare California bottle release in 20 that's NorCal only arrives. Everyone up here is a hoarder and a jerk. But Alpine growlers? Those are fair market value and require walez in exchange.