1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Cable car

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by MykelJH, Feb 14, 2013.

1. MykelJH

MykelJH Savant (280) California Aug 3, 2011

How many for Brandy Vanilla DL?
  2. nicks6217

nicks6217 Savant (320) California Jan 15, 2010

you should go 1-1, if not a little bit more on their side
    abecall98 likes this.
  3. MykelJH

4. My guess is maybe 1+ a fou foune or something along those lines at the minimum. I feel like the Vanilla DLs are 1:1 with framboos. I had a trade worked out for 2x cable car for 1x framboos. That was until we realized we were moving to a similar area and we should just meet and split them at a bottle share in the future. Hope that helps.
    MykelJH likes this.
  5. stxSS07

stxSS07 Initiate (0) Illinois Nov 23, 2010

MykelJH likes this.
  6. nicks6217

nicks6217 Savant (320) California Jan 15, 2010

remember cable car is something like a 150 bottles that can leave the grounds
  7. Franch

Franch Advocate (540) New York Mar 22, 2011

one? for the bottle that i just offered two '09 blabaers and a chocolate rain batch 1 and got crickets? one, maybe more on his side? brandy vanilla, unfortunately, has really, really, really blown up. i'd gladly trade CC + rare or CC + blabaer or CC + blabaer + grey monday/CR 1... i think there are like 40 bottles left of this thing and they aren't moving.
  8. jbuddle

jbuddle Initiate (0) New York Feb 24, 2010

The powers that be have decided no more brandy vanilla will be traded for less than one-off lambic (Oh sorry, wrong meeting...Ah shit. That's the meeting we're having tomorrow at the docks.)
  9. huskermike12

huskermike12 Savant (435) Iowa Nov 14, 2011

I doubt there is much chance of that happening.
    GrumpyOldTroll likes this.
  10. I could see Bourbon Vanilla DL going 1:1 for Cable Car but not the Brandy. I think it's more in the realm of what Franch said. For clarity, I've never had a Brandy Vanilla or a Cable Car, nor do I trade in whales too often so frankly my opinion means nothing.
    MykelJH and jbuddle like this.
  11. MykelJH

Lol well thanks for the help
  12. abecall98

abecall98 Advocate (530) California Aug 11, 2007

Have you tried offering 2 Cable Car for Brandy Vanilla Dark Lord and Bourbon Vanilla Dark Lord? I recall a dream where it got done twice.
  13. MykelJH

Sure havent
  14. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2009

CC 12 won't get Brandy Vanilla 1:1. Bourbon vanilla maybe.

Simple math there is more CC than Brandy Vanilla. Unless someone is really aching for a 12 to complete a vertical I just don't see it.

Hopefully you will prove me wrong!
  15. I dont think all cable cars are all the same. Some vintages are better than others and there is a kriek. I dont see why a brandy vanilla wouldnt go 1:1 with CC kriek.
    claaark13 and CityofBals like this.
  16. MykelJH

CC Kriek is a whole different animal. That should and most likely would pull brandy vanilla DL+ I'd imagine
    claaark13 and aasher like this.
  17. OakedCanuck

OakedCanuck Initiate (0) Washington Jun 23, 2009

What would I have to add (if anything) to a Bourbon Huna to get a CC?
  18. CityofBals

CityofBals Initiate (0) Illinois Sep 12, 2012

I offered up $300+ in shelf waels for the Brandy Vanilla, got a few bites, but they all smelled blood in the water (somewhere else) and ultimately swam off. I'll just drink some lambic and be happy.
  19. MordorMongo

Yes Kriek is different entirely. I was referring to people who were simply looking for A Cable Car...not necessarily any given vintage. Clearly an 07 is > than a 12. I do believe strongly that MOST Cable Car vintages won't trade 1:1 for Brandy Vanilla, while certain older ones and Kriek are above Brandy Vanilla level. Never meant to lump Kriek in with CC.
    huskermike12 likes this.
  20. huskermike12

huskermike12 Savant (435) Iowa Nov 14, 2011

I just got a Cable Car '12 for free (thanks MexicanSkittel and the Ravens). I offered up lots of options, but nothing near the current trade value of the Brandy Vanilla DL. That ISO is setting a new bar. Based on that post I would be guessing 4 CC or 24 KHU.
    BCross and willandperry like this.
  21. Man Im dying to get ahold of a cable car, but sadly, Im pretty certain I dont have enough whales to land this one... Maybe one day...
  22. Franch

well, a cable car and stuff got a brandy vanilla....

btw cable car is fkn fantastic.
    MykelJH and jbuddle like this.
  23. MordorMongo

FTFY ;)
  24. MykelJH

Congrats on taking down the white whale
  25. i recently traded for the kriek and i gave up konjacks, blauw, and snr 10 for it. CC Kriek is more difficult to find then brandy vanilla imo
  26. No1Smitty

No1Smitty Savant (385) California Nov 7, 2011

So where in Nor-Cal did you score a CC ?
  27. Besides, the last two years saw half of the BAVDL go to pieces of sh!t who got them at DLD for the sole purpose of selling on ebay. My guess is this year the 934 bottles will go mostly to BAs or those that would trade so the pool will be larger and the once ebay derived value will be gone.
  28. evilc

evilc Initiate (0) California Jan 27, 2012

Toronado SF. Only place where it's sold to go. Toronado SD doesn't have a license.
  29. Franch

it's real, love.
  30. aasher

aasher Champion (900) Indiana Jan 27, 2010

I essentially traded a Rare and a KH for a 2010 Cable Car. The '12 shouldn't be TOO hard to get but then again the one I opened smelled and tasted like pure chlorine. So, I would think the person with the BA DL may have the upper hand.
  31. denimdemon

denimdemon Savant (410) Indiana Mar 8, 2009

Mislabeled bottle that was never supposed to make it into circulation of a test batch of Lost Abbey's new Toilet Duck Duck Gooze.
  32. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast Initiate (0) Illinois Feb 19, 2009

Must have been the uber rare Tea Cable Car.
    claaark13 likes this.
  33. aasher

aasher Champion (900) Indiana Jan 27, 2010

Public pool aged Cable Car
  34. MykelJH

I have heard nothing but good things about this years cable car. Anyone else with this problem?
  35. evilc

evilc Initiate (0) California Jan 27, 2012

Tastes like band aids imo. I only had it on tap though at the release.
  36. wsnich

wsnich Savant (410) Texas Apr 26, 2010

There was a post about this issue a few weeks back and no one else has had this problem.
    MykelJH likes this.
  37. leschkie

leschkie Savant (495) California Jan 30, 2011

MykelJH likes this.
  38. MykelJH

So a mix of band aids and chlorine...... Hmmmm