1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Cable car

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by MykelJH, Feb 14, 2013.

1. aasher

aasher Champion (900) Indiana Jan 27, 2010

2. leschkie

leschkie Savant (495) California Jan 30, 2011

Yeah, that sucks that you guys may have gotten a bad bottle. If that Center for Metal Curmudgeons, as it's referred to by some, do another last-minute release again, I'll be sure to send you guys a replacement bottle.

aasher likes this.
  3. evilc

evilc Initiate (0) California Jan 27, 2012

LA/Port have an extreme quality control problem that they have not solved for years so bad bottles going out would not surprise me.

4. Cable car is similar to blabaer (but much better, fresh at least) in that they make a couple hundred bottles every year, and they're just not that hard to get. I wouldn't even consider trading this bottle for less than 3+ Cable cars. Maybe that's crazy but I've traded for both of them in the last few months, and cable car is much, much easier to get. I'm not even sure I'd want cable car as the primary bottle in a trade for a brandy vanilla.

To get a brandy vanilla, you need to either be trading down or absolutely crush the quantity like franch did.

These are just my opinions... Probably not the majority view.

POTABLE83, jbuddle and MordorMongo like this.
  5. claaark13

claaark13 Advocate (645) Indiana Nov 29, 2007

The email should start as:

"Dear Lost Abbey,

DO NOT DELETE, THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT ABOUT CARBONATION!!!!!""

domtronzero and MordorMongo like this.
  6. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2009

I was a party to the chlorine bottle, there was definitely something not right. I have had CC before (not 2012 obviously) and always been a fan, but it really was hard to get past the chlorine. I am more and more convinced it was a fluke bottle as would have figured by now another report would have came along if it wasn't an anomaly.

Thank God we had plenty of other great beer that day so it wasn't a huge downer overall. ;)

7. aasher

aasher Champion (900) Indiana Jan 27, 2010

I do think its odd that no one else has reported the same issue.

8. MykelJH

MykelJH Savant (290) California Aug 3, 2011

Was looking for bourbon vanilla. Brandy vanilla I'm not even interested in obtaining cause i don't feel like giving so much up

9. wsnich

wsnich Savant (410) Texas Apr 26, 2010

I saw multiple Blabaers go 1:1 for CC when CC'12 came out. CC should go 1:1 BBVDL. Just need to find the right trader.

10. MykelJH

MykelJH Savant (290) California Aug 3, 2011

That's what I thought just have to wait it out

11. domtronzero

domtronzero Initiate (0) California Aug 18, 2007

Was the bottle waxed with tape under the wax?

claaark13, biglobo8971 and Arbitrator like this.
  12. Call and verify with a worker at the tasting room.

domtronzero likes this.