1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Calm before the Storm 2013. . .2-3-13

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by dcgunman, Jan 20, 2013.

1. dcgunman

dcgunman Member

2. sandiego67

sandiego67 Member

A FEW GROUND RULES:
    1. Limit 4 tasters per order
    2. If the flavor of a cellared beer has degraded past the point of drinkability, we'll accommodate you. If you just don't care for it, too bad
    3. Feel free to bring any Stone beer over 2 years old, check it in at the host stand, and we'll waive the "corkage fee." We cannot store/chill bottles
    for you
  3. tyrsis

tyrsis Member

Most SD breweries have cracked down on bringing outside bottles. Some bullshit with the ABC.
  4. Sebowski

Sebowski Member

Breweries and restaurant/bars are different animals.
    Stone is being kind enough to waive corkage on cellared Stone beers. You can probably still bring in whatever you want, but it will be subject to their corkage rules.
    HopHead84 likes this.
  5. pinkgrenade

pinkgrenade Member

ruination 10th is way out of code now it was brewed over 6 months ago
    ehammond1 likes this.
  6. queens1130

queens1130 Member

I've been the past 3 years & always had a fantastic time with friends. Unfortunately I'll be in Seattle missing out, hopefully I'll catch some tasty draft on the tail end of that week, cheers!
  7. MacNCheese

MacNCheese Member

Breweries can only serve their own beer. This growing trend of bottleshares everywhere "We have the Right" bullshit is what's getting out of hand.

Instead of making things painful for the bar/brewery why don't people host more bottleshares at their home? Don't make the lives miserable at a bar because you have some beer you just have to wag your dick about. If I owned a bar I would not allow outside beer. 1) I'm running a business of selling beer, 2) you're being a dickhead bringing in beer I'm not selling and 3) I cannot monitor how much your consuming and if you go out and kill someone the bar/bartender is fucking liable.