1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Can you find Lagunitas in Memphis or close to it?

Discussion in 'US - South' started by ubenumber2, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Just curious I know you can get it in Nashville , but wondering if it can be found in Memphis or close.

2. Tilley4

Tilley4 Advocate (520) Tennessee Nov 13, 2007

You can find it in Jackson so im guessing you could find it in Memphis as well...

3. I was in Collierville(Memphis suburb) over the Christmas holiday. I stopped in a few liquor stores to see if their selections had improved in the past year, and sadly, it hasn't. I didn't see any Lagunitas. That's not to say that you can't find the lower alcohol offerings in a grocery store, but I would say it's probably unlikely.

Looking at the Flying Saucer menu, I don't see Lagunitas. If any bar in the city would have it, it'd be there.

http://www.beerknurd.com/stores/memphis/

Chattanooga has it, so it appears Memphis could be the last big city in the state to get it.

4. mcmeador

mcmeador Zealot (85) Mississippi Sep 2, 2012

I'm from Memphis. It doesn't look familiar. The first I had ever heard of it was on this site.

5. Jimski123

Jimski123 Zealot (95) Tennessee Feb 10, 2013

No Lagunitas here yet.....but soon from what im hearing.

6. Keep us posted man , I really dont want to pay for shipping or have to drive to Nashville for it

7. We've got it here in Jackson, TN. Bout an hour east of Memphis.

8. Jimski123

really? that blows my mind. Why would Memphis not get Lagunitas before jackson? what else do you get in jackson?

9. I'm an hour west of Memphis so that is about a two hour drive for me , four hour roundtrip

10. What about Dyersburg? I think I saw on City Liquors Facebook page they had some in stock.

Edit: Looks like you're in Jonesboro area. I guess Dyersburg is just about as far as Jackson, if a little shorter in distance.

11. Green Flash, Samuel Adams High Grav (Barrel Room collection and Imperial series), Sweetwater (Dank Tank, Happy Ending, Festive Ale, etc.), Lagunitas (obviously), Bridgeport, Rivertown, Schlafly, Lucky Bucket, French Broad... maybe a few more, can't think at the moment.

Edit: Just wanted to add that this is in addition to everything else that's delivered out of Memphis, i.e. Sierra Nevada, Stone, etc.

CaptainPiret likes this.
  12. Jimski123

can you recommend a shop?

13. Ok Im going to be in Southern Missouri about 40 miles from Dyersburg , emailed and they have all the Lagunitas a old boy could hope for , so Im making 40 mile detour and getting me some good stuff , Im super excited. Its freaking sad that Dyersburg has a better selection than Memphis

Jimski123 likes this.
  14. ubenumber2, I noticed in the other thread you created that you were on the hunt for Victory Hop Wallop. When I lived there, I was able to find both that and Hop Devil pretty regularly at the Winery in Germantown. You might want to give them a call.

15. Thanks man , I actuall found some at Joes , its a little on the pricey side because they sell by the bottle , but its good and its worth it

16. Wait there is Green Flash in Jackson? I'm in Oxford and might have to make a trip...what store?

17. Arkansas is getting Green Flash this month , just not sure where you can buy it

18. Wait, I was thinking Jackson, MS...my bad

19. boudreaux

boudreaux Savant (320) Alabama Feb 13, 2009

I've also seen Lagunitas at Joe's before, but I don't remember the extent of the selections they carry. Planning on stopping in there tomorrow, so I'll try to post specifics then.

20. I picked up Hopstoopid , Sucks , Maximus , sumpin,censored and Cap Stout at Dyersburg ysterday

21. boudreaux

boudreaux Savant (320) Alabama Feb 13, 2009

Definitely a solid lineup, repping the brewery's hop-centered beer obsession for sure ha. The only one I can't personally attest to is the Cappuccino... No disrespect intended, but why'd they bypass distribution to Memphis for Dyersburg?! And what store there did you find it?

22. Picked it up at City Liquor , they have a facebook page and you can email or call Burt and he is a great help. He said that it comes from the distributor in Nashville and that they do not deliver to Memphis , they go into Jackson and he talked them into bringing the goods to Dyersburg. Ive tried the Sucks so far and man its a tasty beer

23. Slickyinc

Slickyinc Disciple (60) Tennessee Feb 22, 2013

Im looking for a couple of store that carry this in Jackson. Anyone know of any, im there all this weekend.

24. Tilley4

Tilley4 Advocate (520) Tennessee Nov 13, 2007

Hit up Party Mart... you can get your Lagunitas fix there... they should have everything an earlier post picked up in Dyersburg....

25. Slickyinc

Slickyinc Disciple (60) Tennessee Feb 22, 2013

Thanks for the info on that. Stopped in today, picked up a sixer of lil sumpin, censored, and sucks. Working on the first one now...

26. I had no idea there was a 'good' selection in Dyersburg. May go there tomorrow. Any other gems close to Jackson not counting Memphis or Nashville?