CANBIF Fall 2015: Hints & Hauls

Discussion in 'Canada' started by kcherney, Sep 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonnyBeers

JonnyBeers Savant (1,187) Oct 24, 2012 Canada (BC)

Quick smash and grab with @kcherney for some moreMORE fresh hops and I should be sending this back-breaker out tomorrow!

2. Shawn_Winters

Shawn_Winters Initiate (0) Jul 7, 2014 Canada (NS)

The loot...

[​IMG]

5 Paddle's Brewery
    - The Paddlers Pride ESB
    - San Diego Tap Water American Pale Ale
    - Charred Remains Bourbon BA Old Ale (Aged 2 yrs)
    - The Million Dollar Shag Raspberry Hibiscus Saison
    - The Dominatrix Black IPA
    - These Are a Few of My Favorite Things... Bourbon Soaked Cherry-Vanilla Stout

Brouwerij Rodenbach
    - 2012 Vintage Oak Aged (Barrel No. 170) Flanders Red Ale

Old Flame Brewery
    - Perry Loves Mary India Pale Ale x2 for good measure :wink:

Founders
    -Porter

And the ones that didn't make it...
    Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout (which I recently found out was aged 4 years...I am choking back tears...)
    Boulevard Brewing Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale

Thanks again Chris for an amazing assortment of beers that are true to my heart. I will be in touch about getting my hands on some more of these 5 Paddle beauties :grinning:

hopsolutely, CurtisD, Corson and 9 others like this.
  3. Electros

Electros Grand Pooh-Bah (3,574) Feb 20, 2007 Canada (ON)
    Super Mod Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Also those Old Flame IPA's are fresh, and are in 1 Imperial Pint cans; 568 ml. Enjoy! :grinning:

Shawn_Winters likes this.
  4. Coronaeus

Coronaeus Grand Pooh-Bah (3,708) Apr 21, 2014 Canada (ON)
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I love how Old Flame uses those slightly thinner, slightly taller 568ml (imperial pint) cans despite brewing primarily German styles!

I've noticed their canned beers are light years better than the same beer in their mini-growlers/grumblers. Nice to see Perry Loves Mary in the cans now too. Must make another trip.

Shawn_Winters and Electros like this.
  5. CaptainMurphy

CaptainMurphy Initiate (0) Sep 5, 2014 Canada (NS)

Both aerial and street-view. :wink:

6. Electros

Electros Grand Pooh-Bah (3,574) Feb 20, 2007 Canada (ON)
    Super Mod Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Agreed on the point of taste, way better in cans. Dirty blonde in cans as cold as cold can be was well enjoyed in the summer heat as well as there summer ale was pretty damn good too!

#166 Electros, Oct 7, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  7. fiery1

fiery1 Aspirant (281) Sep 16, 2015 Canada (BC)

I got back from lunch to find my box had arrived... unfortunately I was busy all afternoon to post anything(course I did open it first).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mystery unlabelled bottle of darkness
    Sierra Nevada - Hoptimum
    Founders - Breakfast Stout
    Green Flash - Double Stout
    Amsterdam - Toronto Beer Week Six Boroughs
    5 Paddles - In Your Face IPA
    Oskar Blues - Gubna
    Indie Ale House - Arbiter Imperial IPA
    Dieu du Ciel - Péché Mortel
    Dogfish Head - 90 Minute IPA
    5 Paddles - C’est Bon Cherie
    Bellwoods - Barn Owl (Blend No. 2)

bonus: Hot sauce... possibly of the habanero variety? Spicy nose and initial sampling proves it definitely has a kick.

Very curious about the mystery bottle and I trust my assumption on the origin of the Arbiter IIPA is correct?

@DaveBar thank you for the box! The Ontario brews definitely new to me and looking forward to them =)

hopsolutely, Corson, Phyl21ca and 2 others like this.
  8. JonnyBeers

JonnyBeers Savant (1,187) Oct 24, 2012 Canada (BC)

Box is packed to the max and ready to go, hopefully the truck driver has some good coffee cause it's a 55hr haul!

9. Tmappin

Tmappin Pundit (905) Sep 25, 2008 Canada (NS)
    Trader

Just dropped off a 12 1/2 kg box to Canada Post, were my package to walk it would take around 241 hours and the recommended route would take a Ferry and cross through the 100 mile woods in Maine. As I just moved to Nova Scotia from BC my Box contains some stuff from BC, some from my road trip across and some fresh hop/seasonals from here. I already forgot most of what I put in there because frankly I was drunk when I packed it. Target... this may or may not work in your favor.

10. DaveBar

DaveBar Initiate (0) Oct 21, 2013 Canada (ON)

UOTE="fiery1, post: 4131628, member: 1043108"]I got back from lunch to find my box had arrived... unfortunately I was busy all afternoon to post anything(course I did open it first).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mystery unlabelled bottle of darkness
    Sierra Nevada - Hoptimum
    Founders - Breakfast Stout
    Green Flash - Double Stout
    Amsterdam - Toronto Beer Week Six Boroughs
    5 Paddles - In Your Face IPA
    Oskar Blues - Gubna
    Indie Ale House - Arbiter Imperial IPA
    Dieu du Ciel - Péché Mortel
    Dogfish Head - 90 Minute IPA
    5 Paddles - C’est Bon Cherie
    Bellwoods - Barn Owl (Blend No. 2)

bonus: Hot sauce... possibly of the habanero variety? Spicy nose and initial sampling proves it definitely has a kick.

Very curious about the mystery bottle and I trust my assumption on the origin of the Arbiter IIPA is correct?

@DaveBar thank you for the box! The Ontario brews definitely new to me and looking forward to them =)[/QUOTE]

The unlabeled one is Great Lakes Brewery Bourbon Barrel aged porter. Way closer to a stout when you try it. Super thick and rich. Correct with the Inde House. They didn't have much else interesting in the bottle shop but will check back this weekend as they said they had a nice IPA coming shortly.

No habaneros actually but it is hot.... It's pepper blend of... Trinidadian Scorpion pepper, Wuri Wuri pepper, Scotch Bonnet pepper, red chili pepper and ghost pepper. It was aged for 8mths before sending. Had people asking me at work for it so I started making gallons of it and ageing it. Couple of other ingredients that I wouldn't mind keeping under wraps though.

Hope you enjoy the brew and hot sauce!

#170 DaveBar, Oct 7, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
    hopsolutely, CurtisD and iguenard like this.
  11. DaveBar

DaveBar Initiate (0) Oct 21, 2013 Canada (ON)

LOL this one should be good!

iguenard and Electros like this.
  12. Yardsale

Yardsale Initiate (0) Jul 31, 2015 Canada (SK)

Box has been freed to the wilds.
    Now to make the perilous 3000 km journey to the Eternal Beer Resting Place.

13. CaptainMurphy

CaptainMurphy Initiate (0) Sep 5, 2014 Canada (NS)

Out for delivery!

Beervana, Phyl21ca, Electros and 2 others like this.
  14. Shawn_Winters

My target's box is out for delivery this morning!

Beervana, Phyl21ca, Electros and 2 others like this.
  15. Coronaeus

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Box is packed up and ready to go... Will drop it off at the post office this afternoon.

It is a very different box than what I assumed I would send before my target was acquired. I think I managed to pack a box full of new ticks for you, though searching through that other site (Hint) is laborious and the lists seem to change depending on the categories used... I may have missed one. I think there are a couple new breweries in there for you too.

Cheers!

Phyl21ca, Electros and Whatup14 like this.
  16. kcherney

kcherney Initiate (0) Apr 7, 2014 Canada (BC)

Tomorrow is the day. My box finally goes out. I feel bad being ostensibly last to ship, but my target will enjoy his box. Sorry for the delay!

Hint: You have received a box from BC before (there will be no overlap in this box)

Whatup14 likes this.
  17. cfrancis

cfrancis Zealot (568) Jun 15, 2009 Canada (ON)

Box landed at the front desk. Great box. Nothing I've had before, all good looking beers. Seam on the can seeped a bit but through it in the fridge in my office and I might sneak it this afternoon.

I'll post pictures tonight.

Thanks a bunch Shawn !

18. cfrancis

cfrancis Zealot (568) Jun 15, 2009 Canada (ON)

My box will likely go out on Tuesday. I'm late, but life has been kicking me lately and I haven't gotten out to shop. Damn hockey starting, I'm coaching and end of month monthly reporting....

I'll make up for it with something a little special.

19. Shawn_Winters

Enjoy!!! The BA Strong Dark Belgian is one I have been saving for sometime and is an all time favorite of mine :slight_smile:

Electros likes this.
  20. Coronaeus

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

12 bottle shipper - with 14 bottles - dropped off at Canada Post this afternoon. The initial indication is that the box will arrive on the 20th. My experience with tracking is that it is almost never correct. I'm hoping late next week.

It is heading a long way west to a city named after a Freemason.

Cheers.

Phyl21ca, kristinc and Whatup14 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.