1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

can't fit 3 kegs in triple tap kegarator

Discussion in 'Home Bar' started by GeeL, Feb 3, 2013.

1. GeeL

GeeL Aficionado (185) Massachusetts Aug 27, 2008

A friend just got a triple tap kegarator. Can't recall the brand, will try to find out.

In the meantime, we can't get 3 kegs to fit. Is there a trick to this? I can't imagine any "retrofitting" being necessary, but there's a little "ledge" at the bottom of the door that seems to interfere with the kegs fitting. The fridge didn't come with anything to lift the keg a little over the ledge. So we're stumped.

Thanks for any recommendations.

2. IceAce

IceAce Advocate (560) California Jan 8, 2004

Not to be too harsh, but could you imagine going onto an automotive website and asking something like, "My friend just bought a car and it doesn't run right. I don't know the make or model...but the engine hesitates".

We can't help you without details...maybe have your friend mount a passenger-side mirror on the back wall so that the 'objects will appear smaller'?

3. GeeL

I didn't know if there was a generic trick. Sorry. But I have info now...
    It's a Summit SBC490.

4. GeeL

Forget it... just found a description of the item on Summit's website. It says it fits two 1/6 kegs or 3 Cornelius. My buddy didn't read closely enough. Thanks anyway.

5. DougC123

DougC123 Savant (290) Connecticut Aug 21, 2012

Should have bought the Haier, it holds 3.

6. DougC123

DougC123 Savant (290) Connecticut Aug 21, 2012

The Haier needs a block of wood to get the front keg over the lip on the door - you may want to give it a try before you call it quits on three commercial kegs fitting.