1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Cantillon in Bratislava, SK?

Discussion in 'Europe' started by cocoapuph, Apr 5, 2013.

1. cocoapuph

cocoapuph Savant (390) California Mar 4, 2011

I've heard that Cantillon is a lot easier to find in Europe and was wondering if its available at any shops/markets in Bratislava? I have a lot of coworkers traveling back and forth to our headqtrs there so was going to have them look for me :) Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers/Na zdravie!

2. LambicKing

LambicKing Advocate (655) Florida Apr 13, 2011

My wife is Slovak and having been there a handful of times now, I've had zero luck finding Cantillon in Bratislava.

Might want to try this place for the off-chance: http://www.presporskapivoteka.sk/pivo-ponuka/

Best of luck and na zdravie!

Edit: lived in Belgium for a few years so if your coworkers fly Ryanair out of Charleroi to Bratislava, they could run to downtown Brussels (bottleshops or Cantillon itself) before traveling from BRU to Charleroi. Extended layovers are key!

3. cocoapuph

cocoapuph Savant (390) California Mar 4, 2011

Much appreciated info! I'll report back if luck is on my side =)
    Cheers!

4. nloetz

nloetz Savant (275) Austria Jun 2, 2005

That store has Boon and 3 Fonteinen. Both of those are pretty good.

5. nloetz

nloetz Savant (275) Austria Jun 2, 2005

Give us an update if you figure anything out. I live in Austria about an hour away from Bratislava, so it would be easy for me to pop over there if they have a good deal.

6. tzolandz

tzolandz Aficionado (195) Virginia Mar 17, 2012

i am supposed to be there on business in a week or so. i will pop in if i have a chance.