1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Capital Market (Salem) temporarily closed

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by guajolote, Mar 14, 2012.

1. guajolote

guajolote Savant (415) Oregon Sep 12, 2008

Stopped by Capital Market this afternoon only to find a "closed until April 14th" sign on the door. No info on why. The owners left a contact #, so I'm tempted to call and ask. If I were to guess, it would be a health code violation for the fried "food" they sell or something related to that.

So there goes the best option for beer in this town--at least for a month. If you're in Salem, your best, and pretty much only, option now is LifeSource. Definitely a tough break for beer geeks in Salem.

2. leftoverburrito

leftoverburrito Savant (425) Oregon Sep 29, 2011

If you feel like driving 14 miles east, you should check out the Roth's in Stayton. Were currently doing a huge remodel so pardon the dust. My boss put me in charge of the new beer set and I think you'll be pleasantly suprised. I'm not where Capital Market is in terms of inventory but you won't smell like a corn dog when you leave. Ask for Nate' Monday-Friday until 230. I've got some goodies in the back as well so feel free to ask.

3. guajolote

guajolote Savant (415) Oregon Sep 12, 2008

Cool. I'll have to try to head out there next time I have a weekday off. Thanks for the heads-up!

Capital Market has a pretty substantial selection. By far the best in Salem. Freshness is a concern there though, and I wonder what they'll end up doing with all the stuff that will have sat there for over a month once they re-open.

4. mneznanski

mneznanski Aspirant (40) Oregon Apr 29, 2011

Heard a rumor that the closure had something to do with OLCC violation. Saw this list today (see page 39). I can't read OLCC-ese so I don't know what this means.