1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Casanova Beer Cave Fest

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by sacrelicio, Mar 4, 2013.

1. sacrelicio

sacrelicio Initiate (0) Minnesota Feb 15, 2005

Anyone going to this or have details? Curious as to what they are doing. It sold out instantly but it doesn't seem like that great of a fest.
  2. Cyclone8

Cyclone8 Savant (415) Minnesota Oct 19, 2011

I love the 'Nova, I truly do. I found the offerings last year to be really pedestrian, just the stuff off the shelves. Very little that was very special, it was pretty disappointing. Yes, there were a (very) few exceptions, and it may be better this year, but the stuff they were pouring last year was pretty mundane. Great if you're new to craft beer and have never had a chance to sample most of the stuff that's widely available, though. And the staff is super friendly!
  3. XmnwildX12

XmnwildX12 Advocate (695) Minnesota Nov 12, 2010

Agree with Cyclone8, I went the last two years and got shut out this year. It was my first beer fest and I learned out the hard way. Last year was pretty much all of the same beers, one place did have a special pouring of KBS, but that was about it. It is still a pretty fun fest though, as it is inside of a cave. I wish I had a ticket to go again, but I am hoping to get a ticket for DLD...
  4. This will be my first year going. I'm surprised about the lack of info, but I'm excited none the less. I am hoping that crossing the border will result in some more beers & breweries we don't get at Minnesota Fests, and the change of scenery should be nice. Either way it should be a fun time!
  5. Cyclone8

Cyclone8 Savant (415) Minnesota Oct 19, 2011

Check out O'So. That was our favorite last year, they are wonderful!
  6. incutrav

incutrav Savant (315) Minnesota Jan 16, 2007

Its decent fun if you arent claustrophobic