1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Cascade Blueberry in SEPA?

Discussion in 'US - Mid-Atlantic' started by justintcoons, Jan 4, 2013.

1. I’ve been trying to track this one down for a few weeks now. I already picked up an Apricot and a Kriek when they first came around. The Blueberry has been a bit more difficult.

The only place I’ve seen the Blueberry come in at was The Beer Store in Southampton. Chances are that it’s gone by now. I didn’t want to pay the $28 premium price they were charging anyway.

Anybody see it elsewhere or have any inside information as to where it will hit?
  2. A few bottles were at Old Philadelphia Ale House on 20th/Brandywine had some as of two days ago for ~$26
    justintcoons likes this.
  3. Ugh...$26? Welcome to Philly. I'm kind of wishing I picked it up when I had the chance now. I was hoping I could find it at a more reasonable price.
  4. Food + Friends in Philly tends to get all of the Cascade releases, and they usually stick around due to higher-than-normal pricing. Last I checked, they still had Kriek. I believe $32 is the usual price they charge for all Cascade releases.

Foodery gets some/most of them as well.
    justintcoons likes this.
  5. Ouch! The $28 isn't looking so bad.
  6. xnicknj

xnicknj Advocate (730) Pennsylvania May 25, 2009

Bainbridge Barrel House had bottles for $30, not sure if it was on-site only though.
    justintcoons likes this.
  7. Yep. Although I'm totally fine having one shop in town that charges so much that new releases last for weeks rather than days/hours, as is the case with most places in the burbs.
    justintcoons likes this.
  8. chcfan

chcfan Advocate (500) California Oct 29, 2008

Yeah, if you're going to find it anywhere, it's not going to be for a good price unless some miraculous case find. Not sure that I've ever heard of Cascade beers being sold anywhere other than bottle shops (maybe BV since I believe they're the importer?) but it's possible. The places with "good" prices are always immediately cleaned out of anything with a hint of rare 'round these parts.
    justintcoons likes this.
  9. I was able to find apricot for $20, how I wish that place got the blueberry, probably would of bought the whole case.
  10. Jonada

Jonada Savant (450) New Jersey May 23, 2012

I saw a few bottles of it at beer heaven. That was about 2 weeks ago though, so no idea if they still have any.
    justintcoons likes this.
  11. neas

neas Aficionado (150) Pennsylvania Oct 18, 2011

Beer heaven still has it. Stopped in last night. It's behind the counter.
    justintcoons likes this.
  12. kmello69

kmello69 Advocate (505) Texas Nov 27, 2011

Just as a point of reference, I just paid $20 a bottle for it at the Cascade barrel house in Portland a few weeks ago, so $26 after shipping cross-country doesn't seem too bad.
    danamal85 and victory4me like this.
  13. Still seems pretty steep to me. I've been able to get Sang Noir, The Vine, Apricot and Kriek in PA between $21 - $23. $26 - $28 seems like price gouging and I refuse to support that.
  14. Buy it direct off of their website for $20/each + shipping.
  15. kmello69

kmello69 Advocate (505) Texas Nov 27, 2011

Yeah, but The Vine is $17, and Apricot is $18 at the barrel house, so a $4-6 up charge from that seems consistent.
  16. cryme

cryme Aficionado (170) Delaware Jun 29, 2011

they won't ship to PA.
    justintcoons likes this.
  17. I guess my question is, if you're getting yourself involved in this "rare beer" game, at what point does it really matter if a beer is $22, $26, or $28? If you want to play the game and you actually see it somewhere, you buy it. Any way you look at it, it's still much cheaper than having it shipped yourself via trade or purchase.

If the $6 is too much for you, to the point where you want to accuse the people charging it with "price gouging," I highly recommend you find a different hobby.

Maybe some will disagree with me, but I don't see a 20 increase on an incredibly rare product with very little profit margin as "price gouging."
  18. cryme

cryme Aficionado (170) Delaware Jun 29, 2011

when it's the kind of beer that would garner $10 8-10oz pours at most bars its a moot point imo
  19. Didn't think it was going to get less distribution than the Kriek and Apricot. Trust me, if I knew that I would have snagged it when I had a chance.

As of getting into the "rare beer game," it's not about that. It's about blueberry sours being delicious! :)
  20. Ok, I gotcha! Can't argue with that!
    justintcoons likes this.
  21. LOL!

Didn't necessarily mean to accuse anyone of price gouging. Philly as a whole is ridiculously overpriced.
  22. hhkal17

hhkal17 Savant (495) Pennsylvania Jul 10, 2005

I don't know if they're selling them for take out but Bainbridge Street Barrel House in South Philly is putting out bottles of Cascade Blueberry for their sour event next week - http://beeradvocate.com/events/info/58769
    justintcoons likes this.
  23. DaGrizz

DaGrizz Savant (250) New Jersey Feb 22, 2012

^ That taplist looks redic! Wish I could make it!
    justintcoons likes this.
  24. xnicknj

xnicknj Advocate (730) Pennsylvania May 25, 2009

nice list, i'll have to walk over for a bit to snag a couple glasses.
  25. 1 bottle left at Beer Heaven. $29.