1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Cascade (Racoon Lodge) in FL

Discussion in 'US - South-Atlantic' started by kawilliams81, Mar 21, 2012.

1. I'm looking at the google docs spreadsheet and it says you can get Cascade in Florida. I will be going to Marco late June and wondering where in FL is Cascade available?

Thanks.

2. cmac1705

cmac1705 Aficionado (245) Florida Apr 30, 2010

Sorry, but that is patently untrue.

3. GatorBeerNerd

GatorBeerNerd Savant (415) Georgia Sep 15, 2007

Sorry, but no, it is not. It did land in Florida at least once. Quite a bit was on shelves around the Tampa area a while back. That shipment is long gone, but it at least was distributed in FL at one point. OP, I would be shocked if you found any, but they did have Apricot, Kriek, and the Vine at one point.

Same is true for South Carolina. I think it dried up there because they were with the distributor that couldn't pay their bills though.

4. alexost

alexost Disciple (60) Florida Dec 28, 2011

You can get Cascade in Orlando, Florida. Just saw some on the shelves today.

5. GatorBeerNerd

Oh rly? What did you see and where? My father-in-law also lives in Oviedo. Sounds like I should send him to go ahead and get my birthday present even if it is 5 months away :)

6. Blazer06

Blazer06 Aficionado (200) Florida Jun 30, 2008

Correct, first shipment had Apricot, Kriek, and Vine back in 2010. The next shipment was of just the Kriek. Not sure when anymore will come.

Vine is non-existent, seen bottles of Apricot in Tampa but not much, and I still see kriek in a few places around the state. Happy hunting:cool:

7. digita7693

digita7693 Advocate (600) Germany Jan 19, 2010

or you could just mail order from them:) Blueberry comes out today.

8. So your telling me there's a chance?

Thanks

9. shand

shand Advocate (645) Florida Jul 13, 2010

I still see the Kriek once in a blue moon here in Tampa, haven't seen anything else in quite some time.

10. jgagne

jgagne Savant (320) Kentucky Feb 23, 2011

Kriek is here in Gainesville

11. alexost

Big C (just outside Oviedo near UCF) and Knightly Spirits (Kissimmee) both have Cascade. I believe it's either Strawberry or Cherry. I didn't give it a close look, just noticed a red fruit on the front. Both stores have them listed at $17.99.

If you like fruit beers and are in the area, I have a bunch of New Glarus Belgian Reds and Raspberry Tarts that are awesome.

12. GatorBeerNerd

Thanks, sounds like it is the Kriek so I will likely pass. Let me know if you see the Apricot.

I drove up to Minnesota for Darkness Day in 2010. I bought 3 cases of each of those New Glarus beers, so I am all set on those. Thanks for the offer though. :)

13. alexost

Will do.

14. fyi: "the vine" is currently bottle conditioning and is slated to be released on 4/1..

15. alexost

Got my hands on Kriek and Apricot is anyone is interested in any trades (local).